Throwables in duel mode

• Why aren’t there any throwables in duel mode… shouldn’t something like removing throwables be up to the server owner?

Throwables are a legit tactic and are essential in duels and regular play, seems retarded.

• Also the fact that archers have such a crazy advantage with their heavy hitting range weapons, some servers ban archers from duel mode as it is pretty absurd fighting them without a shield and not being able to pressure with throwables.

Just and example ^

• Smoke pots.

• @Ulven:

Smoke pot.

Fixed.

• a good archer just runs back and waits for you to jump out of the smoke, they aren’t dumb.

• @Peglegkickboxer:

Why aren’t there any throwables in duel mode… shouldn’t something like removing throwables be up to the server owner?

Throwables are a legit tactic and are essential in duels and regular play, seems retarded.

MAAs would win all the time, a fire pot doesnt miss and takes 1/3 of the health off.

• another example is in the dining room, an archer can sit on that ledge and camp, smoke pots can provide cover but its a thin ledge, they’ll get you.

Edit* With a MAA firepot, they won’t get a shield and everyone knows MAA are squishy. Still balanced.

• What does squishy have to do with shield? They have dodge and can still parry just fine.

Throwables are removed largely because they are great openers/finishers for what would otherwise be pure melee fights. Archers have a monopoly on ranged attacks, which is fine with me. The main problem is that vans have no real counter to archery with neither throwables nor shields, so they just have to hope the archer sucks or they just straight up die, no matter what they do.

• @Peglegkickboxer:

Edit* With a MAA firepot, they won’t get a shield and everyone knows MAA are squishy. Still balanced.

I currently have about 170 duel wins and about 120 of those were as MAA. I push 3 at the beginning of every duel.

• @Peglegkickboxer:

a good archer just runs back and waits for you to jump out of the smoke, they aren’t dumb.

No, you throw the smoke AT the Archer, forcing him out of it, then throwing another at him, all while closing distance.

• @Oy:

@Peglegkickboxer:

a good archer just runs back and waits for you to jump out of the smoke, they aren’t dumb.

No, you throw the smoke AT the Archer, forcing him out of it, then throwing another at him, all while closing distance.

The real question here is, why are you even dueling an archer in the first place?

• Right, except archers are not dumb and just run away. I spent 4 boring minutes just running after an archer and couldn’t peg him in the back with a throwing axe. A lot of the good archers I’ve met would just run in circles until you get bored, turn, and shoot. Frankly, if I spent a lot of time practicing my aim I would do that too. Your advice would have been more helpful if you just said “dodge the arrow”.

• @DokB:

@Oy:

@Peglegkickboxer:

The real question here is, why are you even dueling an archer in the first place?

“Join the Pool” <–- Big shiny button when you enter a duel server.

• @gregcau:

@Peglegkickboxer:

Why aren’t there any throwables in duel mode… shouldn’t something like removing throwables be up to the server owner?

MAAs would win all the time, a fire pot doesnt miss and takes 1/3 of the health off.

Then no fire… Just knives for MAA

• @DSMatticus:

Throwables are removed largely because they are great openers/finishers for what would otherwise be pure melee fights.

I’m pretty sure this is exactly the reason why they were removed.

• I don’t even understand why archers are allowed in duel modes (well, other than for dagger humiliation).

• @NabsterHax:

I don’t even understand why archers are allowed in duel modes (well, other than for dagger humiliation).

Which could be just as easily done with MAA! :)

• @Matti:

@DSMatticus:

Throwables are removed largely because they are great openers/finishers for what would otherwise be pure melee fights.

I’m pretty sure this is exactly the reason why they were removed.

And why is this a bad thing? They aren’t annoying enough anywhere else to justify taking them out of duels. Seriously, it is not hard to dodge projectiles in this game if you see them coming, and in a duel, you should always know where your opponent is, so dodging shouldn’t be hard at all.

• @Tankcommander:

And why is this a bad thing? They aren’t annoying enough anywhere else to justify taking them out of duels. Seriously, it is not hard to dodge projectiles in this game if you see them coming, and in a duel, you should always know where your opponent is, so dodging shouldn’t be hard at all.

Oh really? What about people who wait until I’m in their face before releasing their throwable into my face?

With practise, it’s not that hard to hit throwables and the fact that a knight with axes can kill an MAA without even drawing a sword is just stupid in duels. IMO the gamemode should be a test of melee combat skills.