[SOLVED] Surround Sound

• I remember reading an interview with some of the sound guys from the game in which they mentioned surround sound. I think they claimed Chivalry supported surround sound, but it was some time ago and I may be completely wrong, please correct me if I am.

But if it is the case, then I’m not getting any surround sound.

I just tested each channel seperately with my Tiamat 7.1 headset (10 seperate drivers, true 7.1, not simulated) and Chivalry only outputs sound on the front channel and the sub woofer channel.
    I didn’t get anything on the side, center or rear.
    I’m using a Creative X-fi Titanium and all my settings are set for 7.1

Is this problem on my end or does Chivalry only do 2.1?

• /bump

I’m interested as well… anyone know if Chivalry supports 5.1 or 7.1?

• Chivalry seems to play surround sound just fine on my 5.1 speaker setup. Using the default audio processor in my Asus motherboard.

• Are you sure? Could you test each channel individually?
    Are you using speakers or a simulated surround sound headset?

• @PedroFromHell:

Are you sure? Could you test each channel individually?
    Are you using speakers or a simulated surround sound headset?

Is there an UE3 command to test channels in-game?

Speakers as I said above.

• I don’t really know much about UE3 to be honest . You could try lowering the volume on all speakers and individually raising each one, or disconnecting them all and testing each one individually.

I’m definitely not getting surround sound on this game. Every other game works perfectly.

• @PedroFromHell:

I don’t really know much about UE3 to be honest . You could try lowering the volume on all speakers and individually raising each one, or disconnecting them all and testing each one individually.

I’m definitely not getting surround sound on this game. Every other game works perfectly.

I’m definitely getting surround sound on my speakers. Do you have the latest drivers for your Creative X-fi Titanium? Do other Unreal Engine 3 games work in regards to surround sound?

• ]It turns out it was a problem with my audio software’s EQ
    With EQ turned ON: No surround sound on UE3 games.
    With EQ turned OFF: Perfect surround sound on everything.

Unfortunately the latest X-Fi drivers have an annoying bug that resets all audio settings to default after every start-up, so I have to manually go into the software and disable EQ - Flat to no EQ each time I turn my PC on.
    Anyway, thanks for the help.

• @PedroFromHell:

It turns out it was a problem with my audio software’s EQ
    With EQ turned ON: No surround sound on UE3 games.
    With EQ turned OFF: Perfect surround sound on everything.

Unfortunately the latest X-Fi drivers have an annoying bug that resets all audio settings to default after every start-up, so I have to manually go into the software and disable EQ - Flat to no EQ each time I turn my PC on.
    Anyway, thanks for the help.

I’m glad that you figured it out. Marking it solved so that other people can find it if they experience it too. Thanks for reporting back!