Chivalry for Xbox 360/Playstation 3

• After hearing about this game not too long ago, I got too watching the 4 minute video of the game in Alpha. I was hoping that during that video, that Chivalry would be released for Xbox, Playstation as well as Steam. Maybe I’m not the only one, maybe I am but nevertheless I hope that maybe after the Steam release, that it would possibly come onto Consoles aswell.

• I really doubt it. They said it would be PC exclusive and possibly mac.

• It’s a shame because it’s a definite purchase for me. It seems like a MUCH better version than DMMM: Elements, which was very fun for the time it lasted. I’d really hope they decide to do it, but if not I’ll just run it on lower settings :L. A man can hope

• @WizardRoche:

It’s a shame because it’s a definite purchase for me. It seems like a MUCH better version than DMMM: Elements, which was very fun for the time it lasted. I’d really hope they decide to do it, but if not I’ll just run it on lower settings :L. A man can hope

If it’s any consolation, Xbox 360 wired controllers are almost completely compatible with a pc. I don’t know about mac.

• Moving to console is SRS BSNS. It takes alot of man power, time and money to port to consoles. Even games designed with a port in mind aren`t exactly easy to port. Also updates can cost alot for a company to release to consoles.

I personally doubt it, games like this are unfortunately best played with mouse and keyboard anyway. (From experience anyway.)

• Imo it is very likely that you are gonna see CMW to other platforms also for 3 reasons.

1)GAMEPLAY
    Here is a vid showing the game being played with an XBOX 360 controller and it is doing just fine.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TfbjtSyTw7Y

2)CROSS-PLATFORM SUPPORT
    Unreal Engine 3 (and thus UDK also) is a Cross-Platform game engine and that means whatever work is done in the game making, works for all the supported platforms. You just need to purchase UE3 (a bit pricy :o ) and then move the project.

3)Still i guess there is gonna be some job left to do to optimize the port to the other platforms, the net code etc but imo nothing as much as some people here claim it needs.
    And if the game is a success to the PCs and you expect to spend X money to make the port to the other platforms and get something like 100 times (or even more) that amount of money back from the sales then you just do it.

So imo TornBanner is waiting to see how the sales will evolve for the PCs to gather some needed funds to deside what to do next.
    If the game is as good as it looks the sales are gonna be huge and then, given the chance count on it going multi platform.