Is it just me or is defence much more difficult post patch?

• All of a sudden when someone attacks at point blank you have to look directly to the side / straight up to block when it wasnt like that before. Most MAAs don’t even use dodge any more. They just facehug and swing spam because of how difficult it is to defend against. Coupled with the crippling shield nerf it’s like the game has gotten insanely spammy. TO matches are all over the place and combat generally feels like a mess compared to pre patch.

Am I crazy? Tell me I’m not the only one?

• The reasons behind the shield and kick nerf are … ??? I really don’t know why either of these nerfs ever happened. Turtling isn’t hard to get around and kicks were fine as they were. As an MaA, I still dodge frequently, but I’m not wary of shields as I was used to pre-patch. In fact, I’d go so far as to say most of the changes were unnecessary - including the weapon additions (they’re nice, but I’ve yet to see anyone really use them).

• I’ve noticed it as well, and I can’t get over it. It seems like the game got changed to make it more even for 1v1, but if you’re playing a team-based game you’re dead if you have more than one person after you. Nothing was wrong with the game, the only thing they should have done was fix some bugs and add maps & duel mode.

• @SirKitty:

All of a sudden when someone attacks at point blank you have to look directly to the side / straight up to block when it wasnt like that before. Most MAAs don’t even use dodge any more. They just facehug and swing spam because of how difficult it is to defend against.

Am I crazy? Tell me I’m not the only one?

you’re crazy
    nothing was changed that would cause any of that

• There are many threads about post patch parry/blocks not working like before as well as bad hit detections. It is not just you.

• I agree with you man. Need to rethink on how I should play this game.