More Special weapons and death traps.

• If you play as a vanguard the first thing you notice is the special weapons are not that special. Smoke pots are great for getting to archers without getting shot, but what if vanguards could throw / drop http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caltrop onto the floor around them. great special weapon don’t you think? little spikes on the floor so people can step on them.

Which brings me to my next idea, you know the spike traps in the arena you kick people into? and you know the wooden stakes and fences on the map battlegrounds, you should so be able to kick people into those things and other spiky things on the maps or kicking people down stairs could be cool

• Kicking people down stairs would be funny. I like when the vanguards drop the smoke caltrop at their spawn to impale their feet. I think it would be cool when you kick a enemy towards the spike in the floor. It should have a fall back animation and they would get impaled on the spikes.

• Caltrops were primarily used as anti-cavalry devices, the horse would step on the caltrop, it would split/pierce their hoof, causes the horse to panic and buckle over, normally pitching the rider out of the saddle. This would lame the horses foot which stepped on the caltrop as well.

They would be too small and hard to spot in game (they were tiny but you usually spread a large amount of them over a wide area).

• what about a Horn a sound-horn that does a war call, only for fun item.

• @DokB:

Caltrops were primarily used as anti-cavalry devices, the horse would step on the caltrop, it would split/pierce their hoof, causes the horse to panic and buckle over, normally pitching the rider out of the saddle. This would lame the horses foot which stepped on the caltrop as well.

They would be too small and hard to spot in game (they were tiny but you usually spread a large amount of them over a wide area).

Poor horsies! :(

Need more maul launchers in maps! Like a ballista that shoots mauls!

• @Slaughtervomit:

For some reason, I just thought of a ballista launching a shopping mall.

Scarecrow-like dummies to be dropped by archers, maybe? Could be useful on misty, low-visibility maps or at hard-to-reach areas. Caltrops woud be great fun, especially if you could trick vanguards into running over their own drops. Maybe a ‘special weapon’ that lets you kick dust into people’s eyes?

Should probably come with a snidely whiplash moustache to twirl afterwards.

• Maybe caltrops would do no damage if you run slow (as you step carefully) but some damage if you sprint? Sort of like opposite of fire. I would not mind giving vanguards area denial potential beyond swinging like crazy.

• I think that, if caltrops were implemented, it’d suit MaA better than vanguard. No matter which class gets it I do believe that caltrops should do little damage(one damage per caltrop or so. None more than 5) but the effects would be that it would slow you down to a crawl for a few seconds.

@DokB:

Caltrops were primarily used as anti-cavalry devices

Not exclusively as anti-cavalry. They were also deployed against footsoldiers as well. Plus this would give an area denial weapon to the players

• @Slaughtervomit:

@DokB:

Caltrops were primarily used as anti-cavalry devices, the horse would step on the caltrop, it would split/pierce their hoof, causes the horse to panic and buckle over, normally pitching the rider out of the saddle. This would lame the horses foot which stepped on the caltrop as well.

Poor horsies! :(

And the mauls spin knocking down everyone in its path.