Feint - Poll

• Keep your comments short. No more than 10 sentences each. No need to ramble about the stuff that was talked about in 100000 threads. After finishing your comment, post how many sentences you wrote. This is to keep the thread light.

1st option to fix: restrict feint window during windup.

2nd option: keep feint as it is, but reduce damage after using feint

3rd option: allow parry to be held like shield but limit the cone of parry box to be much smaller.

Suggest any possible ways to fix feints, but keep it simple. No one wants to read your research paper. I will update the poll to include new ideas.

10 sentences

• Option

4.) keep the feints like they are [X]

also, 3rd option is actually interesting, i would add that if that were done, which i don’t like it but if that were to be done, the holding parry would have to drain stamina quickly while holding it… i’d say even quicker drain than holding a shield up and also hahve a smaller hitbox.

• @clayton-bigsby:

Option

Nerf parry to cost 90 stamina!!! Cooldown time for parry = 35 seconds! I’m on your side here clayton, see? :lolz:

• Option 3. I’ve always though this should be the case. You would still need to move your view to the opponents weapon, however I think that counter strikes should be faster when you parry properly (like it is currently) and if you hold down block it takes longer to recover.

• There’s already a poll thread up in general discussion.

• @Dr.Nick:

There’s already a poll thread up in general discussion.

That poll thread doesnt vote on possible fixes.

• @Slaughtervomit:

@clayton-bigsby:

Option

Nerf parry to cost 90 stamina!!! Cooldown time for parry = 35 seconds! I’m on your side here clayton, see? :lolz:

no… no we are not… why do you think we are? I am still arguing with you on the other thread, just took me a while to type it out. How are we on the same side, we are on OPPOSITE SIDES DAMNIT!

• @clayton-bigsby:

@Slaughtervomit:

@clayton-bigsby:

Option

no… no we are not… why do you think we are? I am still arguing with you on the other thread, just took me a while to type it out. How are we on the same side, we are on OPPOSITE SIDES DAMNIT!

Was sarcasm/ a joke. Lighten up. I don’t hate you, I just disagree with you! :)

• More stamina is missing.

• no… no we are not… why do you think we are? I am still arguing with you on the other thread, just took me a while to type it out. How are we on the same side, we are on OPPOSITE SIDES DAMNIT!

Was sarcasm/ a joke. Lighten up. I don’t hate you, I just disagree with you! :)

i don’t hate you either! i just get heated passion in arguments damnit!

• Just wrote about it here : http://www.chivalrythegame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8427&start=390#p89185

Here is my idea : use “the average human reaction time to execute a parry” (= the time it takes to press the parry button after you took the decision to block) as the non-feintable windup so :

Feintable windup time = windup time - X

(Where X = the average human reaction time (+ 0,x seconds if needed to find the perfect value for X))

• Lol all of this is so far away from happening

And fyi, limiting the feint window would only hurt the slow two handed weapons
    But then none of you use feints anyway so you won’t even know the difference :3

• @BB:

Have you read and understand what I wrote ?
    Because my proposal would hurt equally every weapon.

• @Babar:

@BB:

Have you read and understand what I wrote ?
    Because my proposal would hurt equally every weapon.

Technically all weapons would remain exactly as they are now :) It’s just the feinting mechanic that would be changed. There are some 2 handers that are impossible to block with feints as well. Looking at you Sword of War among others…

• The issue with feints is that they aren’t always discernible from actual strikes, thus the difference between avoiding a feint and getting hit often comes down to luck. (and no one likes luck in competitive games)

If you get taken in by a quick “twitchy” feint, it was your own fault. If you get taken in by a feint that looks exactly like a real strike, it was the fault of the roll of the dice. Therefore I’d go with option (1), as it would make feint avoidance into a skill instead of chance. I’d also be opposed to (3), since it removes a skill which isn’t that difficult in the first place. (timing your blocks)

*I don’t use feints myself, but recently I’ve been using shields more just because I hate how random feints are.

• Babar

No I really didn’t bother
    But allowing for human reaction time would mean nobody at higher level play would ever get hit ever

Nick

Feinting is a part of a weapon
    Nerfing the feint is nerfing the weapon
    And the two handed weapons rely on feints more than 1handed to be more effective
    This’ll nerf two handed weapons

Exactly as they are, bullshit

Bunny

Surpriiiise turns out you were turtling, only you were trying to do it without your shell
    You should feel safer now

• So this poll is basically only for people who agree that feints are bad?
    I’d like a few more discernable stab windup animations, but i like the mechanic.
    And please noone listen to the shield-like parry nonsense. :?

• @BB:

Babar

No I really didn’t bother
    But allowing for human reaction time would mean nobody at higher level play would ever get hit ever

The “X” could be tweaked until we find the perfect value. It has to be a value for X where the pro can still messed up sometimes and/or where, if the feint is well done, he could be lured.