Poll: Your favourite game modes

• What mode do you play the most? Everybody can vote for 2 modes.

• I like TO and TDM. FFA sometimes when i feel like going nuts on people. I dislike CTF and duels modes quite a bit. LTS is usually boring because that one guy wants to hide somewhere instead of just fighting the stupid fight. King of the hill is just a spam fest (worse than even FFA)…

• TO and Duel.

• Last Team Standing - Competitive and requires team skills (inb4 your team wants to tdm), your life is worth your game.

Team Objective - I prefer it to TDM for the variety and the tactics (inb4 your team wants to tdm) and it usually comes with less reasoned moves than LTS. You don’t get mad if you die in some stupid/unlucky way. Usually.

• FFA and Duel, but I’m a weirdo.

Ranking them all I’d say

Duel > FFA > TO > TDM > LTS > CTF > KOTH

• I actually like CTF quite a bit for now. TO tends to get pretty repetitive after a while. You do your objectives and once they’re done they’re done.
    CTF is more back and forth.

My favourite game mode would be a siege mode comparable to Mount&Blade (or a persistent siege mode with 2 factions trying to capture each other’s castle without round ends)

• TO simply because it has a definite perpose and I like that.
    More teamplay (of course still low in pubs…) also.

CTF I like but haven’t played it a hell lot, but for now that is my second best.
    I actually never did a duel yet, should try that also sometimes :|

• Team Objective and Last Team Standing

Capture the Flag gets an honourable mention just because it’s nice and relaxing after a few more serious rounds of play.

• Duel and Team Objective, but CTF comes a close second/third as I play a good Goalie 8-)

• Duel mode for the most intense fights that require to make the most out of your skills… or get slaughtered and learn something new.

Last Team Standing because of tactical considerations. Every kill counts, every death counts, choose your engagements and be sure that once you whittled down the number of enemies they won’t simply respawn and hit you in the back of your head. Also one of the most epic feelings is when you are the last one alive and take out three or even more enemies, winning the round.
    I never had much of a problem with people actively hiding to let the time run out, though.

Followed by Team Objective, lots of different strategies and things to accomplish. Also, the game mode with the most atmosphere by far. Would have voted for it if more votes were allowed.

Capture the flag, fast and active game mode with lots of action, strategy and fun maps. Killing people with the flag pole is just awesome.

Free For All is okay, mindless instant action with not much else. Good for weapon tryouts and getting unlocks. Best enjoyed with few people on larger maps. Gets style points for bringing more color into the game.

Team Deathmatch. This mode is “meh”. Nothing really special. Only play it when server switches to it.

King Of The Hill. Dislike, rush to the hill and hold, tanky classes have the advantage, everybody clumps up in the middle and swings around wildly, is usually short and one-sided… my least favorite mode. Only play it rarely when the server switches modes.

• My feeling about modes are same as Don_Kanaille wrote before me. Only i voted for TO instead of duels. I like duel mode a lot but far more time i spent with these two. Also i wouldnt mind if TD and King of the hill would be deleted completely. I like servers when modes are switching but when it comes to these modes i rarely stick.

• @Don_Kanaille:

Team Deathmatch. This mode is “meh”. Nothing really special. Only play it when server switches to it.

Maybe nothing special, but just classic. What better mode to chose when you just want to kill the other faction’s soldiers?

Plain and easy fun for a few minutes, but nothing more…

• @Siegbert:

@Don_Kanaille:

Maybe nothing special, but just classic. What better mode to chose when you just want to kill the other faction’s soldiers?

For me, that would be either (as I said) Last Team Standing or Team Objective. The former allows me to actually “kill” them so they stay dead. Its us vs. them, we clash, one side survives… they dont suddenly pop up somewhere and backstab me for killing them seconds ago. Killing them matters.
    And Team Objective has me fight the enemy team for a reason, I can smash their castle walls, kill their Royals, poison their waters…. or stop them from doing so to us. Much more fun to kill someone and then go ahead and burn his village down instead of standing around on a plain field waiting for him to respawn - because it feels much more like you accomplished something by overcoming that foe. In Team Deathmatch, its just… hey, a kill, wait for him to respawn and try again.

Just my personal preference.

• TO, you can’t get that much freedom in any other game mode.

• @Don_Kanaille:

@Siegbert:

@Don_Kanaille:

For me, that would be either (as I said) Last Team Standing or Team Objective. The former allows me to actually “kill” them so they stay dead. Its us vs. them, we clash, one side survives… they dont suddenly pop up somewhere and backstab me for killing them seconds ago. Killing them matters.
    And Team Objective has me fight the enemy team for a reason, I can smash their castle walls, kill their Royals, poison their waters…. or stop them from doing so to us. Much more fun to kill someone and then go ahead and burn his village down instead of standing around on a plain field waiting for him to respawn - because it feels much more like you accomplished something by overcoming that foe. In Team Deathmatch, its just… hey, a kill, wait for him to respawn and try again.

Just my personal preference.

Well, I won’t disagree as far as your description of the game modes is concerned. But TO und LTS are not modes for just plain fun killing. Not as much as TDM.
    In LTS you have to group together and organize so you don’t turn out dead at the beginning of a round, and in TO the objective should be paramount. You only battle to either stop the other team to fulfil their objective or the other way around.

Again: good modes and I sure prefer them over TDM. But if you only want to slice open some enemies TDM is your way to go.

• LTS because of the tension!

• Team Objective for sure. Runner up is Capture the Flag. Both require teamwork and both have fun maps to play.

• @Slaughtervomit:

I like TO and TDM. FFA sometimes when i feel like going nuts on people. I dislike CTF and duels modes quite a bit. LTS is usually boring because that one guy wants to hide somewhere instead of just fighting the stupid fight. King of the hill is just a spam fest (worse than even FFA)…

HAIL ! … you took the words strait out my mouth !

same opinion here!

• @Xeekik:

TO and Duel.

I actually agree with this stinky goat 100%.

My 3rd choice would be CTF then LTS, however I only like LTS when it’s a smaller group of people.