[SOLVED] Game won't load after steam update

• Hi, so steam went ahead and updated the game for me and since then I haven’t been able to launch the game. I would click the play button and the loading screen would show up; however, after that the program would pretty much close down and the little advertisment window that steam does when you close out a game would pop up. As far as that no error windows have shown.
    I have tried deleting and reinstalling the content, and also tried verifying my files to make sure the game isn’t corrupted, and the scan comes back clean. Not sure what is wrong. I just want to play =[
    please help somebody

• Someone said that a virus scan was blocking it for them.

If that is not the case for you, attach your Launch.log and DxDiag.txt.

Also try reinstalling if you are able to.

• where do I find Launch.log and DxDiag.txt?

• @msugui45:

where do I find Launch.log and DxDiag.txt?

Launch.log is found here: Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Logs

DxDiag.txt is generated by clicking the Windows Start Menu, typing dxdiag into the search field, selecting dxdiag.exe from the search results, and clicking the Save All Information button in the dxdiag app.

• thanks ill try that =]

• so I have my dxdiag and launch.log// do I attach it to the game folder?

• here we go

• I don’t see anything wrong in those files… Do you have Comcast? Comcast’s Constant Guard has been the party stopper lately.

• As a matter of fact yeah, as well as Norton security suite.
    So if I just turn off constant guard should that possibly fix it?

• @msugui45:

As a matter of fact yeah, as well as Norton security suite.
    So if I just turn off constant guard should that possibly fix it?

Should be a way to allow constant guard to let the UDK.exe go through it. I’m not familiar with it… try this thread viewtopic.php?f=69&t=7654&start=20#p66156 or searching these forums. A bunch of the latest posts deal with constant guard.

• saw this in my log.
    [0001.86] Log: Incomplete cached shader map for material CharPortrait, quality 0, compiling.
    [0001.86] Log: Can’t compile CharPortrait with seekfree loading path on console, will attempt to use default material instead
    [0001.86] Warning: Warning, Failed to compile Material UI_HUD.Materials.CharPortrait for platform PC-D3D-SM3, Default Material will be used in game.

does that mean anything?

• @msugui45:

saw this in my log.
    [0001.86] Log: Incomplete cached shader map for material CharPortrait, quality 0, compiling.
    [0001.86] Log: Can’t compile CharPortrait with seekfree loading path on console, will attempt to use default material instead
    [0001.86] Warning: Warning, Failed to compile Material UI_HUD.Materials.CharPortrait for platform PC-D3D-SM3, Default Material will be used in game.

does that mean anything?

Nope. That happens for everyone.

Just let the game through Constant Guard and you should be good…

• OMG Haha it worked. Definitely was constant guard. Thanks!

• @msugui45:

OMG Haha it worked. Definitely was constant guard. Thanks!

Glad that it works for you now. See you on the battlefield. :k1: