Finisher animation(With how would it work in game like this)

• I know this was suggested ALOT of times, but I also want to explain how it would and should work in game like this.

When your enemy is “killed”. He will have a “kneel down on both knee” or “Holding his bleeding neck” animation plays and have 5 to 10 seconds to bled out painfully.(Aka turn into ragdoll)

You could just use normal mouse attack to slash his head/arms/legs off OR Press action button(E or I depend on your setting) in front or behind of the dying guy and certain finishing animation will plays depend on the weapons.

However, being interrupted mid animation(Get hit by team/enemy) will end up the dying guy turn into ragdoll without the animation over or get his body part cut off from the interrupter’s attack.

The victim will just respawn as usual.(Are we all take 10 second to respawn?)

It is certainly a good eyes candy for people who like gory animation and it is your freedom to whether finish off the guy or not. Don’t get me wrong, I like Chivalry. But hell, I also like the finisher in alot of the game like War of the Roses and Cursed Crusade.

I know it is alot of work but also hope the developers would add this into the game after they fix all the major flaw of the game.

X-92ZzPzKm0
    ZxFhEUI6Q5g

• Seriously… this was one of the many things that made me prefer Chivalry over War of the Roses.

These finishing moves, they’re fun the first time you do them. But they get old when having performed them a couple of times.

The few times I played WotR I saw everybody prefering to suicide rather than waiting to be executed in the same lame matter as the last 20 times… Not worth to look at.

Chivalry is fun and fast. Every kills you do exactly reflect the action you just did with your blade. There’s no room for standard animations to play if you could kill someone way cooler with your own hand.

• @Siegbert:

Seriously… this was one of the many things that made me prefer Chivalry over War of the Roses.

These finishing moves, they’re fun the first time you do them. But they get old when having performed them a couple of times.

The few times I played WotR I saw everybody prefering to suicide rather than waiting to be executed in the same lame matter as the last 20 times… Not worth to look at.

Chivalry is fun and fast. Every kills you do exactly reflect the action you just did with your blade. There’s no room for standard animations to play if you could kill someone way cooler with your own hand.

Thing is, you can just let the guy die off. Since the “victim” still get into spectate camera after few second whether he get executed or not. And respawn in the same manner as it used to be.

Like I mentioned in the first post “it is your freedom to whether finish off the guy or not.”

• Well, I don’t like the way it’s done in WotR where you have to press a button to finish one off. After a while it doesn’t feel like “killing someone” but rather activate a button to farm XP.

In WotR I used to run around looking for people lying around to execute them. What I’d rather do is fight…

But what I can imagine is:
    say someone isn’t hurt too bad (there are no limbs cut off) he could be going down on his knees and maybe after a few seconds would be able to walk again. Now your job as his enemy is to finish him off with your normal attacks, not with animations.

It would still feel like being in a fight that way.

• @Siegbert:

Well, I don’t like the way it’s done in WotR where you have to press a button to finish one off. After a while it doesn’t feel like “killing someone” but rather activate a button to farm XP.

In WotR I used to run around looking for people lying around to execute them. What I’d rather do is fight…

But what I can imagine is:
    say someone isn’t hurt too bad (there are no limbs cut off) he could be going down on his knees and maybe after a few seconds would be able to walk again. Now your job as his enemy is to finish him off with your normal attacks, not with animations.

It would still feel like being in a fight that way.

Well, the health has to be depleted to 0 for the “kneel down” animation plays and then turn into ragdoll 5-10 second later. Technically the player is “dead” but his character is dying and bleeding out.

Since he is kneeling still for five to ten second, unlike the original dead animation where the dead guy is moving abit before turning into ragdoll which make him harder to decap. Give them a kneel down dying animation make you do the creative finisher aka normal attack body part cut off easier.

And people who prefer fancy looking animation can press Action button to do WotR style finisher.

The “creative finisher” will be enhanced and coming with the “Press X to finish” animation, making both party happy?

• What I don’t like about those animations is that you’re defenseless as they play. While it may look cool to do so it’s fatal in a game like Chivalry where you have to be in guard all the time.

I could imagine an animation but it has to be shorter than those movies that play in WotR and you have to be able to abort it without the animation looking crappy while doing so.

• @Siegbert:

What I don’t like about those animations is that you’re defenseless as they play. While it may look cool to do so it’s fatal in a game like Chivalry where you have to be in guard all the time.

I could imagine an animation but it has to be shorter than those movies that play in WotR and you have to be able to abort it without the animation looking crappy while doing so.

That’s why you can leave them be, since the chance of death animation play is very minimum. Most of the time, they just turn ragdoll right away after the death without death animation.

Not every guy you kill get to be executed since alot of the time they just turn into ragdoll instantly. :)

• You can already do this except you have to aim your slash to get a cool head chop post death.

• @Helgeran:

You can already do this except you have to aim your slash to get a cool head chop post death.

Yeah, my suggestion is to make them easier to do so. ;)