Protect The King gamemode

• This game is looking great and gearing up to be fantastic. One thing to go with the theme of objectives that are entertaining would be “Protect The King” or something similar. This game mode would be similar to TF2’s attack/defense, but instead of protecting/attacking a glowing circle on the ground you have to protect/attack a specific person (possibly a player). If you are on an attacking team your goal is to breach the enemies defenses and make your way to the king, which is simple yet effectively awesome. If your defending you can set up defenses and chokepoints wherever you please, but the unique portion of the game mode lies in the king player. The king could hang back in his throneroom, safe from harm. If the king wishes he can move up and fight with his men, which is riskier but he should have superior armor. Also him being up with his troops provides a moral boost which allows the players to fight more ferociously. Overall I think this would help add the to uniqueness of the game.

{TL;DR Players protect/fight over a king (most likely another player)}

• Already confirmed :)

• So human players can take control of the King after the keep has been breached?

If so, is it randomly assigned or awarded to the current MVP or just first come first serve?

OOH OOH, maybe the top five players could pop up in a vote and the team decides who is King.

• I would prefer a random assignation, with the players able to refuse accession to the throne (for it seems their reign will be short).

• Who on earth wouldn’t want to be King?

• well, the king when he’s about to get his head, arms and legs chopped off simultaneously. Although he’s such a badass with his axe that this is a rare occurance.

• I guess it’s ok to say that then that it’s in game. It’s one of the maps where once you break into the castle, the current top scorer is offered to be the king, and they can refuse if they like. The king is a knight with a very big axe and a lot of armor. There have been some pretty epic throne room battles in just the few games I’ve been able to get into and play.

Really great mode and my favorite map so far, and honestly you generally want the high scorer being responsible for the well being of the team most of the time :)

• Wut ?
    An axe ???
    Nah… the King should have a sword at the least, or just hack people’s heads off with his mighty <insert royal="" weapon="" here="">.</insert>

• Richard the Lionheart was said to have fought most of his battles with an axe.

• It wasn’t much help against little boys with crossbows. ;)

• @Jihell:

Wut ?
    An axe ???
    Nah… the King should have a sword at the least, or just hack people’s heads off with his mighty <javelin and="" fire="" pots="">.</javelin>

XD FIXED IT XD

• @Jihell:

Wut ?
    An axe ???
    Nah… the King should have a sword at the least, or just hack people’s heads off with his mighty <insert royal="" weapon="" here="">.</insert>

The king needs a super special jewel encrested broadsword.

• It would be ridiculous if becoming the king wouldn’t be a huge reward.

@FreakingCreepy:

@Jihell:

Wut ?
    An axe ???

Amen to that!

• @FreakingCreepy:

@Jihell:

Wut ?
    An axe ???

I see your super special jewel encrested broadsword, and raise it to a heriloomed masterwork super special jewel encrested broadsword of ice wrath.

• Let’s just give the king a rocket launcher, we can all agree that’s the best option.

• @SlyGoat:

Let’s just give the king a rocket launcher, we can all agree that’s the best option.

Only if he can rocket jump

• Will it be a jewel encrusted rocket launcher?

• Guys, try to stick to the theme of the game.
    How’bout a royal TREBUCHET resting on his shoulders, encrested with rubies and saphires and launching burning barrels (royal barrels of course) ?