Alt Overhand Dane Axe

• discuss

• I’m still convinced the Dane Axe is broken
    And if it’s not broken, it’s just overpowered

• I don’t want to sound rude.

You should give your opinion or something similar so we can discuss, creating a thread and just posting “discuss” its pretty pointless. What should we discuss about? The damage of the attack? The animation of the attack? The range of the attack?

• I like it.

It feels broken though, I don’t know why, I can’t put my finger on it, but by god it feels quick and so easy to aim.

• It’s fine and balanced.

• Dane axe is broken and one of the reasons maa is one of the easiest classes atm, i dont know why it wasnt fixed in the patch actually lol

• @CRUSHED:

Dane axe is broken and one of the reasons maa is one of the easiest classes atm, i dont know why it wasnt fixed in the patch actually lol

Want to share why you think it’s broken?

• @DokB:

I like it.

It feels broken though, I don’t know why, I can’t put my finger on it, but by god it feels quick and so easy to aim.

It’s absolutely hilarious, people just can’t seem to block it, and I’m not at all sure why

• Its not the weapon that is broken, its the class Man-at arms and its non-restricted dodge abillity.

• I think axes in general are harder especially for newer players to parry and block, mostly due to the fact, that the point (part you have to block) can spend so much time hidden.

Add dragging and their inate ability to getting around shields and the nature of kicks since the patch and a MaA in your face with any Axe can be gruesome.

In fact I will carry a hachet as a Van just to deal with those encounters where a spear is just not optimal.

Nothing like beating down a MaA with a hachet as a Van, seems well poetic.

• Hatchet alt slash is straight up broken. It is simply too fast. The axes are kinda hard to see and have weird angles and can be tricky in general, but the hatchet’s alt slash is just straight up brutal.

Edit: I would be willing to concede that part of is the animation. It’s a subtle, waistish level swing that you can hide behind your character model incredibly easily.

• Noticed that it’s a tad faster with an apparent smaller range (that might be just a trick to do with the slightly faster speed though).

The regular overhead is kind of like a top left to bottom right action, so blocking straight in front seems to work, unless the user misses and hits the defender in the back of the ankle. The alt attack is more like top right to bottom right, so its much easier to get around blocks, and with good footwork requires people to turn very far to their left to block it.

Personally, as a user of the dane axe, I like it (obviously). Gives options to break the monotony of OH without risking a slow horizontal swing or using the useless stab.

Can’t really give an unbiased view though.

• @NabsterHax:

Noticed that it’s a tad faster with an apparent smaller range (that might be just a trick to do with the slightly faster speed though).

The regular overhead is kind of like a top left to bottom right action, so blocking straight in front seems to work, unless the user misses and hits the defender in the back of the ankle. The alt attack is more like top right to bottom right, so its much easier to get around blocks, and with good footwork requires people to turn very far to their left to block it.

Personally, as a user of the dane axe, I like it (obviously). Gives options to break the monotony of OH without risking a slow horizontal swing or using the useless stab.

Can’t really give an unbiased view though.

I actually find the stab on the hatchet to be very useful, its very good at flinching becuase of its speed and can often create an opening for a combo, a most are not expecting it.

Just hatchet stabbing to kill a knight can be tedious, but it can be done.