Developer Q & A

• Developer

The Q and A Video has arrived! See you guys in the beta soon!

xaZtrRRaGV0

• So the community gets to choose new weapons?! YAY! I’d like to see:
    Glaive
    War Scythe
    Voulge

• thank you for this video. So much informations, love it.

• Thanks for the vid.

• @Derps:

War Scythe

THIS

• Bring us ancient weapons too ! Some would argue that it wouldn’t fit, I say decide, for you are the ones chosing, devs !
    (well most of the weapons I could think of are already in…)
    Bring ME the Gladius ! (gameplay wise it seems something unexplored yet, being to the thrusting dagger what the shortsword is to the broad dagger) (and if you add a Falcata/Kopis, you will make me very happy too)
    And I’d like there to be more bows than crossbows too, so add the composite bow too ! (more power than the normal bow, less than warbow, more speed than the bow, less than the shortbow, and to balance it out, reduce the range maybe ?)
    Maybe one handed spears, but there is already the javlin/buckler combo so…
    I recall someone asking for double wielding…Maybe, but this is a lot of work so it should come last if it comes at all.

• Hell yeah quarterstaff and sling.

• I’d personally love a stave sling in the game, perhaps as a high-ammo, low damage, high arc weapon with a dizzying effect on a headshot.

• What made me most excited about this video was that the exact date of release will soon be out!

• Awesome, would very much want to see some new weapons.
    -Flail
    -Quarter Staff
    -Sling
    -Fisticuffs……
    -Brass Knuckles
    -And maybe the occasional AK-47.
    Other than that, I can’t wait for this game. brothers in arms edition.
    :o "Men, today, we charge the enemy! We will fight together, or die alone! I hope you ate a hearty breakfast, for tonight, we dine in hell! CHARGE!!! :o

• Nice video!
    Thanks for answering both of my questions.
    Can’t wait to get into the beta! You guys deserve every penny from the kickstarter.

• Sorry I forgot to ask before, but I guess there isn’t a weather system? For some battles it would be awesome to fight in a heavy rain or a fog. Hell, or even lightning! ;)

• @Rauno:

For some battles it would be awesome to fight in a heavy rain or a fog. Hell, or even lightning! ;)

+10000 :D

• Developer

I think you will see we have a variety of environments with various weather elements that allow you to do just that.

• @Tibberius:

I think you will see we have a variety of environments with various weather elements that allow you to do just that.

awesome !

and you didn’t answer one of my answers so maybe you could do it now :)
    will there be a lan mode?
    i want to play with my two brothers and i’d rather not pass by the internet to kill them !
    also, will the lan mode (if there is one) be available during the beta?
    thanks!
    P.S: will we be able to pre download the beta on steam?

• Developer

Yes you will be able to host a dedicated server on lan and play with your brothers offline. This is available during the beta as well. Won’t be able to pre-download on steam though, they are very busy so this wasn’t an option for us to do.

• Tiberius speaking of servers, I am trying to get some traction on what type of remote console/heartbeat api we can expect from the game servers. I am unfamiliar with the engine so maybe this question has an obvious answer which I am unaware of. Basically I am wondering if I host my own servers, what type of custom tools I can build out to interact with them. I’ve previously developed custom admin/stat tools for quake engine’s rcon and heartbeat via UDP. Any information you could throw my way would be appreciated.

• man, this game shall be epic. and i wanna congratulate you devs guys for that, you raised this game from dust with almost to none support, and with this talent you guys have i’ll sure as hell support you, there’s a lot of studios out there that can’t do what you did and with much more support. i definitely want to see you torn banner studios making the games of the future with this dedication, let chivalry be only the beggining.

will there be any servers in south america or at least in central, because the ping here is really high when playing in an USA server

• Hey just saw 69000 on Kickstarter congrats!!!

One little question:

Will everyone get their beta key on sunday or days before and will we get it per E-Mail or Kickstarter PM?

• @Rauno:

Sorry I forgot to ask before, but I guess there isn’t a weather system? For some battles it would be awesome to fight in a heavy rain or a fog. Hell, or even lightning! ;)

It would be cool to have a dynamic weather system, or option for server admins to use either the default weather, or have dynamic weather/time turned on, like you see in STALKER multiplayer.