Chivalry needs LMB spam

• Imo, there are three kinds of players in a video game. The following types are extreme versions.

Player type 1: The casual, who enjoys to swing around and doesn’t really care about putting in effort to become significantly better at the game.

Player type 2: The pro (some may call competitive), who learns as much as possible about the game and plays to win frequently.

Player type 3: Keep Reading

When you complain about LMB spam, what you are really complaining about are players who don’t know what else to do other than LMB spam.

First of all, if you are dying from players who are constantly swinging out of range (occasionally in range) without pause, you don’t know how to play very well compared to some of the players I know. I can understand if you are in the middle of a combo, and because your opponent is using LMB spam they break it, that is ghost flinch which is not part of this topic. Essentially if you are dying to someone LMB spamming apart from ghost flinch you really don’t now what you are doing anyway, and you really shouldn’t be complaining about it.

Now the real point of this thread, is to address the third type of player.

Player type 3: The player who believes the only type of player who exists is player 2.

This player, who we will call 3, complains about LMB spam is if it is a problem. As if inexperienced players themselves, who occasionally land lucky swings, (such as vanguards with halberds) are an actual problem which needs to be fixed.

Inexperienced players will always be part of a game. To say that in a game that requires skill, all players must be skilful or strive to be skilful is absurd. 3 believes this. There are many 3s.

LMB spam is freedom of choice, and if you’re player 3, and you made the decision to run into a pack of LMB spammers in FFA resulting in your stupid ass getting hacked to pieces, that is your problem. Playing duel will not teach you how to fight 5 LMB spammers at once. That comes with practice. Don’t be butt-hurt about not being able to do it. Not many can.

I heard the developers tried to implement a solution to “FIX” LMB spam. Is this true? Player 3 told me this. This solution or whatever it is, causes ghost swings, which are very frustrating.

• To be honest and no offense intended, I think you are looking too far into this. LMB Spam is simply what it is, clicking the mouse and receiving kills or dominating a fight. It doesn’t come down to what the person can and can’t do to counter it, it’s more about the effort required against the outcome of just left mousing, which is lots of kills for minimum effort.

I have to admit though, when I first played this game, 5 hours into it and I hated Vanguards and I couldn’t fathom how to fight against the left mouse of doom. Now 100+ hours, I play in my own little world and I seem to be doing quite well.

• @DokB:

To be honest and no offense intended, I think you are looking too far into this. .

Same thought here.

I look at it as something more akin to button mashing in fighting games. It works, simply because of the speed and unpredictability, but its not like they are a strong player because of it, and with a little timing and concentration it can be overcome.

I also think that a lot of the people that complain about it are just looking for an excuse for getting killed. Hell, ive been accused of being a “LMB spam NOOB” and 90% of my swings are overheads! lol

• @Roughneck45:

90% of my swings are overheads! lol

Are you me? :P

I can’t remember the last time I did more then three slashes in a row, but to be honest I only play MaA.

• I enjoy using LMB combos to swing around shields and twist my mouse. I primarily use LMB in duel modes, and I’m 236 wins - 30 losses.

Sure, there’s people who’ll wildly click LMB and run around, but I’ve put hundred of hours into Jedi Academy and have acquired quite the sense of timing and positioning of the horizontal slash. I’ll agree, many players complain about LMB users - but being the most basic of attacks, shouldn’t they have learned to parry/block it by now?

Anyone who says Overhand > LMB and still gets beat in a duel by it is just beating around the bush for an excuse, imo.

• I don’t know why everyone’s feathers are ruffled about horizontal swings. I get yelled at for stab spam. That stabby stabby…

Anyway, the simple solution to “LMB spam” is to bind the horizontal slash to your right mouse button and block/parry/feint to your left mouse button. Then when people get mad at you for LMB spam from horizontal attack combos, they’ll be wrong :) /trololo

• You guys simply don’t get it. Sure LMB spam requires minimum effort, and yes it can have good results. Problem? So far it seems you guys are all player 3s who believe that only skilled players should get good results.

I’m trying to say.

That’s bullshit. It’s just stupid.

• @ReMixx:

I don’t know why everyone’s feathers are ruffled about horizontal swings. I get yelled at for stab spam. That stabby stabby…

Anyway, the simple solution to “LMB spam” is to bind the horizontal slash to your right mouse button and block/parry/feint to your left mouse button. Then when people get mad at you for LMB spam from horizontal attack combos, they’ll be wrong :) /trololo

Clever^

I’m looking at life’s disclaimer right now and it says on article 39, page 12, line 6.
    “There will always be whiners, haters, unhappy people and a general ungrateful attitude among the population at large”

Find someone spamming a move you hate? improvise, adapt and overcome! 8-)

• @King:

@ReMixx:

Find someone spamming a move you hate? improvise, adapt and overcome! 8-)

That hardly counts as a solution and doesn’t really add to this thread. Not that there is a solution. Just trying to send a message.

• @DokB:

@Roughneck45:

I can’t remember the last time I did more then three slashes in a row, but to be honest I only play MaA.

Same here, MaA with a dane axe FTW!

• @KingOfPolarBears:

Overhead spam!!! Nerf it!!!

• @DokB:

@Roughneck45:

Well, as you cannot chain more than 3 slashes together unless you throw another attack in (except the bug with alt swing forever combos) I believe you completely :P

• @Anonymoose:

@DokB:

@Roughneck45:

Well, as you cannot chain more than 3 slashes together unless you throw another attack in (except the bug with alt swing forever combos) I believe you completely :P

Well I never said combo 3 slashes. I mean I have never really felt the need to continue slashing after a combo, normally I’d stab or chop to finish the rogue off.

OH MY GOD YOU ARE ME :)