Changing Vanguard charge animations for polearms

• Looking for opinions on this.

I’m proposing a change to the Vanguard charge animation for polearms to be an overhead attack instead of a stab.

• This would let them take advantage of their particular blade (slash or blunt damage for polehammer).

• Differentiate further between spear line and polearms

• Overhead would be subject to being blocked by low ceilings (reason to choose spear line)

• Polehammer charge attack would be on par with Maul (possible 1 hit kill on head shot?)

• May be we can use the AltSwingDirectionKey too switsch between overhead and stab.
    Good idea.

• Yeah this idea makes sense.

Greatsword = Slash Charge

Spear = Stab Charge

Polearm = Overhead Charge

+1

• Jump on polearms should be a mega golf swing that rips the ground up as you drag it through the dirt and sends enemies flying 10 feet in the air.

On a serious note I agree with this change. It would also give the bardiche a useful jump attack.

• @Anonymoose:

Jump on polearms should be a mega golf swing that rips the ground up as you drag it through the dirt and sends enemies flying 10 feet in the air.

On a serious note I agree with this change. It would also give the bardiche a useful jump attack.

Yes yes yes yes yes. This is an amazing idea.

• with this change I might actually USE the sprint attack for polearms, because right now I love the bardiche but I have to stop running to get a swing, or I get the useless thurst that does less damage than an overhead… Would love to see this change, also it would be like 10x more awsome

• A complete waste of time.

Edit:
    The devs have a lot of work to do with fixing bugs and properly balancing the game. Adding animations should be very far off in the future if its even considered.