MMORPG

• Please make an pvp based mmorpg with the same combat system+some sieges/politics/crafting and of course full loot…
    For now there is only Mortal Online that has somwhat ok combat system (no tabing /directional attacks/blocks etc)but it has some seriuous problems with desync/lags/interpolation w/e they call it this days.

• Not really the right board to post this one, but go search:

Elder Scrolls Online

• Moved to Ideas and Suggestions Forum.

• Enough with the mmorpg! Its dead ok… its dead. Think about how many mmorpgs theres been after World of warcraft, ive played ALOT of them and none of them stick. Im thinking about the devs now, that would meen alot of work for TB.
    (ofcourse youre entitled to your opinion but this is mine)

oh and add Tera to your no tab mmo list.

• I wouldnt spit on a wurm online with chivalry combat system.
    Mortal online is kinda meeh, it could have been a great game, but it s a failure as entertainement

• @Onetastic:

Enough with the mmorpg! Its dead ok… its dead.

MMO isn’t dead. It’s the future of gaming. They only need to make more interesting concepts.

A MMO Chivalry would be great.

• Why won’t people get that this kind of reactive hitbox combat won’t work MMO wise…

• @Hitom:

Why won’t people get that this kind of reactive hitbox combat won’t work MMO wise…

Don’t know. Maybe just because people tend to say it without knowing for sure, just because it wasn’t done very often so far.
    While I’m no programmer I think it will generally be possible. I believe it’s rather a matter of smart coding…
    PlanetSide2 is just as reactive as every other fps while featuring massive real-time combat. I don’t know, maybe you’re right. But should it prevent us from wanting a game like this?
    Even if it wouldn’t be possible with today’s technology it will most certainly be in a few years… I can wait.

• @Hitom:

Why won’t people get that this kind of reactive hitbox combat won’t work MMO wise…

Battleground Europe, Mortal Online, Planetside 1 and 2, etc… You dont know what you’re takling bout

• @Skurcey:

@Hitom:

Battleground Europe, Mortal Online, Planetside 1 and 2, etc… You dont know what you’re takling bout

Mortal Online is a bad example tbh. Lags are a serious issue there.

• I have a dream, brothers and sisters… I have a dream, that one day we all will be fighting chiv style walking around in a fast and lush persistent world, were we can craft, build explore and conquer.

I have a dream that such a world will come, if we believe and work hard to accomplish this. One day my brothers and sisters all over the world, one day.

So let us never give up hope to make this dream reality !!

• Um dream on lol.

A traditional MMORPG has thousands of features to implement - needs a huge team, think of all the artists needed to build a huge interesting world, think of all the unique dungeons needed, all the weapons, armor, resources and crafting.

They struggled to make a decent menu - how do you think the auction house is going to work, how is the economy going to work.

There is just soooooo much. GW2 worked on it for years with a large team, numerous innovations and the end result - this game replaced it.

• @Skurcey:

@Hitom:

I’m not usually so forward but holy christ you’re dumb. You really think this level of combat detail would work on the grand MMO scale that those games play on? Dude a 64/64 chivalry server is essentially unplayable. Positioning has to be as accurate as possible, pings have to be under 100ms, the position of the player is everything in this game and requires a high network tick rate. Make sure when you insult someone else, you don’t end up insulting yourself in the process.

Why jump straight from a small pvp game to an MMO? Would you not be satisfied with a diablo style online RPG? Maybe even like DayZ were servers host the same large persistent world but share a central item database. An MMO can’t happen.

• @Slight:

@Skurcey:

@Hitom:

I’m not usually so forward but holy christ you’re dumb. You really think this level of combat detail would work on the grand MMO scale that those games play on? Dude a 64/64 chivalry server is essentially unplayable. Positioning has to be as accurate as possible, pings have to be under 100ms, the position of the player is everything in this game and requires a high network tick rate. Make sure when you insult someone else, you don’t end up insulting yourself in the process.

Why jump straight from a small pvp game to an MMO? Would you not be satisfied with a diablo style online RPG? Maybe even like DayZ were servers host the same large persistent world but share a central item database. An MMO can’t happen.

I don’t get the negativity. Basically Mortal Online and DarkFall are doing what we want. They just happen to be indie devs. Also Mount&Blade Warband has great real-time fights of up to 200 players with no serious issues.
    Looking at PlanetSide2 and knowing how well fast-paced twitch-based combat on a grand scale can look like, I think we only need an experienced development team to get the job done the right way.

• siegbert ich weiß ganz genau was du willst und glaub mir den shit will ich auch. am besten jetzt gleich. wenn das irgendwie ging würd ich ne menge knaster hinlegen um das zu ermöglichen (z.b kickstarter).

aber das is heut einfach nich möglich mann! hitboxing von planetside 2 is nochma was ganz anderes als das von nem melee fp slasher. 64 spieler auf einem server die gerade kämpfen - totales massaker. da geht nix selbst mit guten servern / pcs. und jetzt stell dir mal 1000 spieler in ner mmorpg würdigen welt vor, indem 300 hundert eh gleichzeitig kämpfen, 500 craften und 200 irgendwas anderes machen. das gäb den totalen kollaps. das geht heut noch nich, n paar jahre (sagen wir 15) und dann kannste nochma fragen.

Mann ich bin der erste der sowas unterstützt glaub mir ich träum schon seit ich n kind bin von sowas. is aber leider nit drin.

• @Thorendir:

siegbert ich weiß ganz genau was du willst und glaub mir den shit will ich auch. am besten jetzt gleich. wenn das irgendwie ging würd ich ne menge knaster hinlegen um das zu ermöglichen (z.b kickstarter).

aber das is heut einfach nich möglich mann! hitboxing von planetside 2 is nochma was ganz anderes als das von nem melee fp slasher. 64 spieler auf einem server die gerade kämpfen - totales massaker. da geht nix selbst mit guten servern / pcs. und jetzt stell dir mal 1000 spieler in ner mmorpg würdigen welt vor, indem 300 hundert eh gleichzeitig kämpfen, 500 craften und 200 irgendwas anderes machen. das gäb den totalen kollaps. das geht heut noch nich, n paar jahre (sagen wir 15) und dann kannste nochma fragen.

Mann ich bin der erste der sowas unterstützt glaub mir ich träum schon seit ich n kind bin von sowas. is aber leider nit drin.

Ich bleib mal auf englisch, bevor die andern meckern :P

Well, maybe it’s a matter of how to split up servers. So you will never have more than 200 players in a combatable area… It worked somehow in Mount&Blade (with good pings up to 150 players). With some polishing it could work.

Anyway, my main demand wouldn’t be to have these huge battles. It would be nice but I’m quite fine with, say 64 player battles. 32 are okay as well… I mean, I’m not bored in Chivalry.

I want a persistent world with persistent characters and so on… I want to travel from one castle to another, meet up with some guys who’re up in no good, starting making trouble in the neighbourhood ^^ and beating them up.

• dude same here. maybe splittin it up in servers might be good. had an idea where you only craft and live and mmorpg for fucksake on one server, and leave to another server where you fight. (kind of like a turnbased game say final fantasy BUT with chivalry mechanics) [AND SURELY NOT TURNBASED]

• @Thorendir:

dude same here. maybe splittin it up in servers might be good. had an idea where you only craft and live and mmorpg for fucksake on one server, and leave to another server where you fight. (kind of like a turnbased game say final fantasy BUT with chivalry mechanics) [AND SURELY NOT TURNBASED]

Do you know Strategus mod for Mount & Blade?
    It’s a bit like it… you have a world map where you do your strategical actions and fights will be settled on the browser interface.
    People can then enlist for the battle which will be fought at a given point of time.

It’s a quite cool concept if it wasn’t so slow…

But as you said, you could be having your normal RPG life and then go into a fight mode with others. Wouldn’t be exactly what I was hoping for, but still quite nice.

I believe there was an upcoming Game of Thrones browser MMO where they said it was like that.

• Is this maybe what you are looking for –—> http://trialsofascension.com/home

I hear they also want a chivalry like combat system, not like Tera but real time hit detection. Don’t know if they can pull it off but the features a really promising.

Although they have perma death after 200 (debatable) kills, MUUHHAHAHAAAAAA that is 2 or 3 days and you need to make an other character, if they use chiv combat.