Consumable: Self/Ally Bandages

• Definite like this

• 8-10 seconds? In that time I kill myself and respawn… almost.
    I think the auto-regeneration should be completely removed and replaced with a health-pickup system similar to Quake, Unreal etc

• A simple, but good suggestion. It wouldn’t be difficult for the devs to incorporate it into the game so that it complies with both the balance and realism.

What you suggest also gives the third item slot a very solid purpose, one that all players would utilize to a helpful degree regardless of their skill level. :D

• We really need this. Make it channel for 8 seconds.

….WANT!!!

• Its fine how it is really. Defines the game.

Bandages would slow it down.

And when do bandages ever give ou more health. Its about as realistic as health regen anyway.

• Sounds boring and frustrating. Would you be stationary when you apply the bandage? What happens if you cancel out of application with a parry or attack? Can you apply a bandage to a person who moves about?

Right now the healing mechanic offers a solid and obvious choice for the player to make: do I keep running around with low health or do I slow down and heal? Both speed and health is very important in this game.

• I try to imagine how to heal my broken rips with a bandage :jsmirk:

No srsly: The game shouldn’t be overpaced like some … I really don’t want to say it but I will … CoD. The normal reg is just fine. As most ppl don’t even care about friendlies getting hit by their slashes, why should they heal you (when they can heal themselfes with it?).

In my opinion even the endless sprinting is kind of “overpacing” it as I can’t imagine a knight running in a 40kg (for the americans: ~88lb) armor that isn’t very flexible at all + shield + weapon over the battlefield and going berserk. He will be out of stamina within few minutes… if well trained. But I guess thats another story.

• I think bandages are not cool. They do it in War of Roses and it looks silly, heavy knights a few passes out of battle fumbling with bandages…. duh :?

I think I got a better idea;
    If we need quicker health regen it would make sense to ad some % extra health regen when performing a battlecry !

A battlecry that gives you courage (% extra health regen), that would make sense. :D

• This is a bad idea. Imagine you spend a lot of effort and time wearing down an opponent’s health with a dagger just for someone to run behind him and heal him to max health again. If you simply retreat for about 10 seconds without sprinting your health will be back to normal. This gives the game a sense of realism, as you can’t be constantly at the vanguard, you have to fall back and catch your breath every now and then and let your team mates take your position.

• *In Louis voice: COVER ME! I’M HEALING!

• I outlined something very similar (the same?) as this, on the thread linked to in my signature. Maybe check it out? (Click the image).

• Can’t say I like it. This would benefit defenders more than attackers, in general, since they can afford to sit still and recover from their last battle.

As it is now, they can sometimes be harried out of their regeneration, or they might not even regenerate fully when the next wave comes.

• I am not sure why some people dislike it, I mean. You are basically sacrificing Firepot/shield/Throwing knives/axes for healing.

• @EricFong:

I am not sure why some people dislike it, I mean. You are basically sacrificing Firepot/shield/Throwing knives/axes for healing.

Because it sounds like a mechanic that would either be too useless or too problematic to be worth implementing. Especially if you could refill it from an ammo box.

• @NikolaiLev:

@EricFong:

I am not sure why some people dislike it, I mean. You are basically sacrificing Firepot/shield/Throwing knives/axes for healing.

Because it sounds like a mechanic that would either be too useless or too problematic to be worth implementing. Especially if you could refill it from an ammo box.

And when do bandages ever “heal” you.

• gets impaled by 3 vg pikes. patches up.

• NO THIS IS NOT WOW

• @afiNity:

8-10 seconds? In that time I kill myself and respawn… almost.
    I think the auto-regeneration should be completely removed and replaced with a health-pickup system similar to Quake, Unreal etc

I agree. But I do not agree with the OP, however - it’d just be annoying for an archer or MaA that’s about to die dodge back a few times, heal by spamming his special, then jump back into the fray.

• @Hadron:

@afiNity:

heal by spamming his special

I think the general idea is that it would be a one-time use (like the firepot).

Plus, it wouldn’t be instant. It would take a several seconds to actually be effective, so that if they dodged, the attacker could still run over to them before they had a chance to heal.

• @KingArthur:

@Hadron:

@afiNity:

heal by spamming his special

I think the general idea is that it would be a one-time use (like the firepot).

Plus, it wouldn’t be instant. It would take a several seconds to actually be effective, so that if they dodged, the attacker could still run over to them before they had a chance to heal.

But bandages don’t heal people. They just stop bleeding.