Scale

• Hey guys, I’ve been using UDK for a while now and I’m about to begin my final uni year studying games art. I’ve got a number of ideas for for final year projects, one of them is creating a polished and playable Chivalry MW map.

Just pondering the details (if they’re available) player/character scale, asset and shader guidelines etc?

Anything else I need to know?

Good luck with the launch!

hutch

edit to add: this is just a maybe at the moment, there’s a possibility I’ll work on a more performance intensive scene, depends on the limitations for the environment on account of 32 character meshes running around it.

• Is this information not freely available? Or is it so painfully obvious and I’ve missed it or something?? :jconf:

• No, it’s just that this board doesn’t get really that many views, unfortunately.

• @Yorker:

No, it’s just that this board doesn’t get really that many views, unfortunately.

This. I would have replied, but I have no clue. Maybe a private message to Tibbs to get his attention would work.

• The development team has a massive deadline this weekend (beta goes live then), so I wouldn’t expect them to be very active on the forums right now. Usually they’re quite active though and they often respond in person to questions from forum users.

• Ah cheers fellas… I’m new here, haha!

Alrightey I’ll probably wait until the beta is in full swing before I bug them about this mundane stuff.

Cheers!

• Developer

Chivalry characters are 1.5x the size of UT3 characters.

• Ah thanks very much! I don’t want to accidentally build a map for the gnomes , “the pillage of gnome town” has quite a sadistic ring to it!