"I'm going to duel him left-handed."

• "You know what a hurry we’re in! "

I have no idea what it would take to do this*, but, is there any possibility, even a slight one, that there might one day be the option to be left handed in the game?

I fight with swords in real life… I am also left handed. That’s reason enough for me, however, I think there are also in-game reasons this could be great:

Have you ever noticed that in castles in real life any stairs almost always follow walls upwards and to the right? (Yeah, I never did either…) Well, that was because when defending such a stair, the defender would have his sword arm (his right arm 80% of the time) free to swing, while the attacker would have his sword arm hampered by it being against the wall while he climbs. It could be great fun to call up all the lefties to rush the staircases like that found in the game. Furthermore, how about having a left handed spear-man holding down the left end of your shield wall? Able to attack flankers without opening his neighbor to attack! Left handed duelists! Exotic and adding yet another layer to the battle of wits and reflexes that is one-on-one combat!

Anyways… I digress… I’d love the option to fight left handed, anyone else?

• Maybe something as “simple”** as reversing all the player animations and model?
      ** It’s probably not…

• I think that would make blocking harder to get down, and would probably turn into people swapping their sword hands to get an advantage in certain areas of maps. I think it’s better to have it consistent.

• @NtiT:

I think that would make blocking harder to get down, and would probably turn into people swapping their sword hands to get an advantage in certain areas of maps. I think it’s better to have it consistent.

Well, making it harder to block would sort of be the point… and it would go both ways. As for switching hands during games for an advantage… you can do that with weapons and classes… and skilled people could do that in real life… so… Still if that is an issue it would be easy enough to only allow switching hands when you were not in a game.

• This has been talked about in another thread and it was said that it would be work that the devs wouldn’t need to put into the game basically. What little you get out of adding this into the game wouldn’t be worth the amount of time and money that it would take, especially for an indie dev.