Rebalance for duels

• Almost everyone on duel server use either Sword of War on knight or nordic on men at arms, if facing someone good with this it’s almost completely pointless to play anything else. The men at arms can block, feint and hit before you as a vanguard can hit with the claymore the fastest sword.

There are several problems as far as i can see but also some solutions that would imo make the weapons more varried rather than just different lengths.

Firstly flails ought to be unblockable unless you have a shield, that’s the entire point of it, or atleast extremely hard to block, they also ought to not be able to faint because that just doesn’t make any sense what so ever. That would make it both unique and useful.

Stamina should take much heavier hits from heavy weapons especially the vanguard ones, almost no one plays vanguards in duels or serious scrims because they are utterly pointless when facing the knight or man at arms with norse sword and war sword respectively. If you block a flamberge with a dagger you should have 0% stamina left. It’s awful how archers can hold vanguards at bay for so long, or how people with shields can take them on indefinately. You could also put it so shield takes a minimum amount of stamina to use. Vanguard weapons are slow, they can’t crush through blocks, they need something to make them worth playing in duels and serious scrims.

Teleporting men at arms, are overpowered and nonsensical, it’s called dodge, but basicly no one uses it for that, they teleport back and forth to do quick stabs, they are not archer hunters or interdiction like in AoC they are counter everything that are fast, dane axe 2 hit kills vanguards and knights if hit in head. And it cost so little stamina they can keep doing it.

Heavy Crossbow serves not a lot of purpose, 2 light crossbow hits will kill a knight if aimed right, 1 light crossbow hit with headshot will kill a vanguard. Heavy crossbow doesn’t kill a knight even if you hit them in the head, but has twice the reload time.

Instant hits are stupid, you get almost no wind up if you overhead and then look straight down, often you can’t see someone is hitting before they have already hit you. If this is a legit mechanic atleast make it so that if you have no wind up you do less damage, you can’t just gently tab someone after not getting up to speed and do that same damage as a flamberge comming down full force. That makes no sense. There should always be a wind up or atleast a penalty for instant hitting.

I think these changes would make all the classes worth playing rather than just 2 weapons on 2 classes.

• @KittyKitsune:

Heavy Crossbow serves not a lot of purpose, 2 light crossbow hits will kill a knight if aimed right, 1 light crossbow hit with headshot will kill a vanguard. Heavy crossbow doesn’t kill a knight even if you hit them in the head, but has twice the reload time.

Both the regular and heavy crossbow will OHK a knight with a headshot. As can be seen on the linked damage table. The primary advantage of the Heavy xbow is that it can OHK a MAA with a body shot. In the context of duels reload time seems largely irrelevant since the complete helplessness caused by reloading will almost certainly result in your death.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc … TZnc#gid=1

• @KittyKitsune:

if facing someone good with this it’s almost completely pointless to play

l2p

also MAA normaly use Broadsword

there so much wrong in your post, there is like no sentence there my common sense is not itching

• @TheFunnySide:

@KittyKitsune:

if facing someone good with this it’s almost completely pointless to play

also MAA normaly use Broadsword

rofl

• @KittyKitsune:

nordic on men at arms

As stated, if an MAA is using Norse Sword he is likely feeling sorry for you or something and handicapping himself. If an MAA is going to use a sword, it is going to be Broadsword for the highest versatility.

@KittyKitsune:

In my opinion, Heavy Crossbow is the absolute BEST primary for Archer in duels, and I would never use anything else as Archer. It can one shot any class. Even going for a torso shot on a Knight or Vanguard is incredibly effective because you only need 2 stabs with the Thrusting Dagger to finish a Knight, and ONE KICK to kill a Vanguard. If you land that bolt at all, there is no excuse for you not to be able to secure that kill.

Are you like trying to actually reload in a duel with the Heavy Crossbow? Because that’s…that’s…yeah…

• I would agree, duel mode is a little vangaurd unfriendly when it comes to fighting players of higher skill. I just switched to knight and lmb spam + stamina exploit. Easy 10-1.

• Vanguard is OP in duels. If he hits you in the eyes with a smoke pot you are blinded for the rest of the match.

• @gregcau:

Vanguard is OP in duels. If he hits you in the eyes with a smoke pot you are blinded for the rest of the match.

lol.

Thanks for making me literally laugh out loud and think of this:

• The only real imbalance I have seen in duels is the way it favors 3rd person. You see a lot of sword and board knights sitting behind their tower shields in 3rd person, making for long and painful matches. From talking to some people, 1st person players don’t do it so much, because they cant see that well. I believe that shields should have a greater impact on speed and visibility when they are up, un fortunately I am not sure how to make this penalty impact 3rd person players evenly with 1st person players.

• What a horribly stupid discussion this is, I was actually not aware that the HC did 1 hit kill knights, i suppose it’s a while since i used it, and i did’n notice it was changed to do so after a patch that’s my bad.

Other than that, everyone has ignored perfectly valid, and observable tendencies on duel server like the fact that almost everyone is a man at arms or knight, and again almost everyone use Broadsword or nordic, a lot of people use the nordic because it’s faster, it’s dumb to say people don’t just because you don’t. The argument for ignoring my points is that you believe I am bad, that’s a great straw man, rather than discussing balance issues, exploits and tendencies, let’s just pretend OP is bad at the game and ignore it, but still take the time to post, but nothing constructive.