Negative acceleration during strike

• Hello everyone !

Until now, quite happy to have joined you on this nice game ;)

But I have got a weird problem, or is it a question : I get some negative acceleration (the cursor slows down as I increase the speed of my mouse) during my strikes and during the windup, but not during for instance shooting or just walking/sprinting, only during my strikes/windup.
    So, it is quite hard to accelerate/slow down my strikes by mousedragging.

Is it a way to prevent the overhead+crouch+facedown abuse, and I am facing a normal situation, or is it something weird ? I tried some researches, but no obvious answer hit me on the forehead…

I got to say that I got few fps, with this poor computer of mine, and it can cause this kind of problems. Also, is directInput usable in Chivalry ?

I will take any answer on these questions my dear sirs

• Hey! Are you talking about the fact that you can only move your aim slowly just after you have started an attack? If yes, then don’t worry… everyone has the same. It’s part of the game. If no, then sorry… didn’t understand quiet well what you’re asking.

• It’s so you can’t start a swing then SPIIIIN TO WINNNNN (Garen).

• what ever the “reason” for the slowdown turn attack speed, it is stupid specially considering that almost anything can interrupt your swing when you impact anything. Thus the old helicopter attack is null and void and so is adjusting your swing to try and catch a dodging MAA.

• @delta:

Is it a way to prevent the overhead+crouch+facedown abuse, and I am facing a normal situation, or is it something weird ? I tried some researches, but no obvious answer hit me on the forehead…

It’s an intended feature.

A bit BS at times, but hey what are ya gonna do?

• It keeps 2h’ers from running into a mob and spinning their mouse 4 or 5 times during a LMB attack. …you know, or even a stab turning into a slash by dragging the mouse 180 degrees.

I’m sure you could imagine the havoc this would cause in a FFA match. If you’re pointing at what you’re swinging at, you shouldn’t have a problem.

• @JHoersten2:

It keeps 2h’ers from running into a mob and spinning their mouse 4 or 5 times during a LMB attack. …you know, or even a stab turning into a slash by dragging the mouse 180 degrees.

I’m sure you could imagine the havoc this would cause in a FFA match. If you’re pointing at what you’re swinging at, you shouldn’t have a problem.

It worked fine before the patch because of the physics not allowing you to swing through more than one to two objects. helicopter swinging was naturally dealt with because it just didnt work. The new turn nerf is so bad that it negates the “real time” swing trace so that you cannot adjust your swings to hit a dodging MAA or anyone for that matter. It has in fact broken the fight dynamics of the game and fundamentally changed the game.

• Thank you all for your answers.

Is this still a way to mousedrag a strike now ?

• @Retsnom:

@JHoersten2:

It keeps 2h’ers from running into a mob and spinning their mouse 4 or 5 times during a LMB attack. …you know, or even a stab turning into a slash by dragging the mouse 180 degrees.

It worked fine before the patch because of the physics not allowing you to swing through more than one to two objects. helicopter swinging was naturally dealt with because it just didnt work. The new turn nerf is so bad that it negates the “real time” swing trace so that you cannot adjust your swings to hit a dodging MAA or anyone for that matter. It has in fact broken the fight dynamics of the game and fundamentally changed the game.

Wait, they changed this last patch? Don’t remember reading anything on it…