Singling out a duel partner in any game mode

• Basically:

You choose an opponent, you press a keybind.
    They get an “xxxx has challenged you to a duel of honor” query.
    INS / DEL to accept / deny.
    If accepted, you can no longer damage anyone outside of the person who challenged you / accepted.

You then engage in a single duel to the death(normal health mechanics etc still apply), with fists or whatever you have on you, whatever you like.
    You however become unable to move/affect any objective items or damage anyone else at all.

This gets around the annoyance that your team will ruin any fisticuffs you choose to partake in randomly with an honorable opponent. And the optional yes/no prevents cheating via “query-stunlock” or something like that.

• What’s with all these posts in code? I don’t even…

• Ehh, could be exploited. You could essentially make some immune and allow them to walk through unharmed all the way to the objective and just sit there. While they may not be able to effect objectives, allowing an immortal player through enemy lines might be a bad idea.

And this is suppose to be about medieval warfare. Dueling, while prominent in that age, was not reserved to the battlefield. This is what Duel Mode is for.

If you want to 1v1 someone in TO for instance, then I’d propose voice lines.

Something like “Issue Challenge” and your character shouts something quite audible and clear.

Mason Knight Issue Challenge: “COME! FIGHT ME! IF YOU DARE!”
    Agatha Knight Issue Challenge: “HAVE AT THEE PEASANT!”
    Mason MaA: “Do you bite your thumb at I, sir? Because I do not bite my thumb at you, sir, but I
    bite my thumb!”

And so on and so forth.

• Voice comms could definitely do with a ‘come at me bro’ of sorts.

• @DokB:

Ehh, could be exploited. You could essentially make some immune and allow them to walk through unharmed all the way to the objective and just sit there. While they may not be able to effect objectives, allowing an immortal player through enemy lines might be a bad idea.

So then lock them into the rough map square in which the challenge occured, or whatever.

And bringing a realism argument in a game that has “12 people armies” is silly.

I’m just trying to give people an option that is already visibly in demand in gameplay right now.
    If you worry about abuse, limit it. Make it so that you only get 1 challenge per map; make it so that the effects can’t be exploited, etc.
    Its not that complex to reign in, but it is impossible to duel someone when half your team is jumping in as well. It just never works.

I hate the pure duel mode, but I would love the odd “oh yea, well come over here and prove it” opportunity.

• @Strudel:

Voice comms could definitely do with a ‘come at me bro’ of sorts.

That would be AWESOME.