The new patch destroyed an already broken game.

• Chivalry is fun. Or, it was.

The flaws were fairly obvious. LMB spam (Apparently it’s easy to counter, but when an MAA is INSIDE your character, spamming it, you literally have to look 90 degrees in both directions to counter their attacks), stun not working, almost every single vanguard weapon is overpowered… It’s pathetic.

But, the patch… My god, the patch ruined this game. The worst part is, it’s HARD to find the exact reason as to why it is ruined. The game just feels… wrong.

As an example, I have played the knight through 30 levels. I just find him the most fun, and the other classes to be either boring or just not worth the frustration. As for my weapons, I use the first Greatsword, the second one-hand mace, and throwing axes.

I know, I know, hold back on variety, right? It’s what I like, it’s what I found to work effectively for my gamestyle, and yet, with the new patch, I can’t do -ANYTHING-. Honestly, classes I use to walk over without breaking a sweat, now cause me so much frustration that I’ll force-quit the game.
    The range on the Greatsword is non-existent now. People using the FIRST Two-hander axe, the one with the brutal range, are starting to outrange me. WHY?! Why the flying **** are people who are using with incredibly low range, as a trade-off to their high damage, dancing around me? It’s not my connection, either, though my ping is usually higher than most since I live in the middle of nowhere in Canada, but… It’s still more than playable.

People who use polearms are neigh untouchable. They spam thrust and all I can do is hope to block, which doesn’t seem to work ever since the patch came out.
    inb4 idiots start posting “Look at the weapons tip”… Yeah, buddy, I’m doing that. No problem before the patch!
    I’ve been one-shot from greathammers from full health to none, without being decapitated, and still having my helmet on. One-handers seem to have an invisible two feet added to their weapons, because ranges that I was comfortable with not blocking at before and surviving, are now causing me to lose one third of my health, per swing, which is fairly damn fast because once you get in a swing-stunlock from a MAA or Archer, it’s basically over.
    People are -NOT- being stunned when I hit them. They can be at the start of their swing, the VERY start, where they are starting to lift up their weapons, and I’ll hit them in the chest with a thrust or an overhead in an attempt to get a sneaky hit in and break their swing, but nope, their swing carries through, EVERY. TIME.
    Take out the vote to kick option, too. Idiots are abusing it. I tried to boot someone who had 100% Team Damage, and not only did they NOT vote to kick them, but him and his little buddy proceeded to TK me at the very start of the next round. Thank you,Torn Banner, for giving the amazingly intellectual community the power to control who plays. Not like a server Admin should have that power, or anything, right?

I know this is a broken and messy complaint but I’m sick of this. I actually enjoyed playing this game before the patch, now I’m contemplating uninstalling it, even after suggesting the game to 4-5 other friends.

Please fix this … broken, pathetic excuse of a patch.

• TL;DR, patch is garbage, game is broken.

• Kicking votes 90% of the time, although I’ve seen people kick actually good / well ranked players for, er, talking / using the chat.

Admins are not there most of the time and without the kick option you actually are delivered unto anyone who wants to ruin your game. And a really good player can without a doubt singlehandedly kill any teams chance at making a TO game, because 50% of the team is dead before they get to go somewhere.
    Votekick is a must in any MP game, but if you ask me it should be extended with autokick after 5 or 10 teamkills per match.
    Even if you really suck, getting over 10 teamkills is rare in one match. Only catapult abuse can manage that, and then you deserve to get kicked. :p

• No offense but it sounds like you’ve just been killed one too many times by a select few things in this game.

I’d say if you are really intent on quitting this game, wait until the next patch where they say they will eradicate a lot of the bugs plaguing this game. Everyone’s dealing with the same thing here, we’ve all died in bullshit ways. There’s not much we can do apart from alert TB to potential problems and wait for this “hotfix”.

Give the TB and this game a proper chance to shine, if you haven’t given it one already.

• @SpyingFuzzball:

As an example, I have played the knight through 30 levels. I just find him the most fun, and the other classes to be either boring or just not worth the frustration. As for my weapons, I use the first Greatsword, the second one-hand mace, and throwing axes.

Not sure how you got that far calling them greatswords when that is one of the vanguard weapons.

@SpyingFuzzball:

One-handers seem to have an invisible two feet added to their weapons, because ranges that I was comfortable with not blocking at before

This is actually something I have noticed while dueling, not sure if its just bad pings (since duel mode doesn’t show them) or if there is really something odd going on.

@SpyingFuzzball:

People are -NOT- being stunned when I hit them. They can be at the start of their swing, the VERY start, where they are starting to lift up their weapons, and I’ll hit them in the chest with a thrust or an overhead in an attempt to get a sneaky hit in and break their swing, but nope, their swing carries through, EVERY. TIME.

So far I haven’t noticed any difference whatsoever in the flinch mechanic with the new patch, even though it was supposedly changed.

• Game is utter crap now, servers are even worse now, stacked teams seeing one side pretty much always win in a certain map, MAA is for some reason a favorite now, so now i have to fight these jedi dodging little midgets constantly.

The worst is the latency, i even have gotten faster internet just before the patch came out, and my ping and latency have become even worse!! Before the patch i got servers with pings like in the ranges of 20, 30 and 40, now i can’t even find one anymore above 40! But what really pisses me off is the fact that hit detection and reach is really completely messed up for almost everything! The devs really should take a chart out of the release version weapon reach and the current one and check them out, because i have seen my favorite weapons turn into worthless butterknifes.

And also thanks for making the MAA even faster now! Just what i needed for a class i already utterly disgust!

• @Necramonium:

And also thanks for making the MAA even faster now! Just what i needed for a class i already utterly disgust!

Are you serious?

MaA didn’t have their dodge speed touched.

In fact, his dodge was nerfed where he can’t dodge off ledges effectively anymore and some people were even saying that his dodge distance was nerfed.

Server browser definitely needs a fix though. Fix the filter options mainly.

And fix ping display. Scoreboard shows me that I have 56 ping, yet my stat FPS says I’m pinging 15-20ms.

Also who didn’t think to put ping display in Duel Mode pool?

Latency display in duel mode should be ESSENTIAL.

• He is frustrated, and I am too. I worked my way up to a decent K/D ratio only to find the patch kicking me in the face. I have worked out a few fighting tricks like deliberate missed swings and others. Most of them are just broken now. Missed swing only gets u a unblockable hit from even the biggests noobs now. Ranges are very different know. I tried to relearn, I tried to use other weapons, nothing was realy satisfying. Its seems to me this is the time of the 1h in ur face spam guys. 2h are left behind.
    As a Vanguard it took me a while to master the skill of randomly dodging arrows to the extend that I was hardly ever hit before patch. Again, now its broken somehow. Half of my deaths accounts to one shot kills. This sucks the last fun out of this game. Also what the TO said, much more ghost swings missed blocks and WTF moments. :(

• While some ranges are screwy, please first go back to options and reset your fov to whateer it used to be. The patch set everything back to default, and fov makes a world of difference. Other than that, it’s not hugely different, just need to wait on bugfixes. Many complaints are imaginary, despite some being valid.

• @SpyingFuzzball:

almost every single vanguard weapon is overpowered… It’s pathetic.

They spam thrust and all I can do is hope to block, which doesn’t seem to work ever since the patch came out.

Do you do a lot of duelling?

I have no problem blocking the thrust, but you do have to block lower than expected.

Vanguards that do that I just block and immediately sprint forward and usually can strike them before they can recover.

• Yeah something was also changed that has messed with either the hit boxes, hit detection or the netcode. It seems now that I cannot block or parry anything, 80%-90% of attacks get through my block/parry or have an amazing range. While at the same time, I have seen my weapon penetrate my enemies model and I get no detection. Before my accuracy ratings were quite high pre patch, now they are in the negative. The ranges seem all messed up as I have to face hug with a halberd to get a hit detection yet try and keep my range from any short weapon but I still get hit. Even the chase mechanic seems to have been nerfed as I can no longer catch anyone of any class yet I get hit from behind from some crazy ranges.

Sadly I share much of your sentiments.

• The latency is a big issue.

I dont see latency on duel servers.

But team objective is a big problem. People jumping around due to server lag, perhaps that contributes to the parry problem (I use a shield).

I just jumped into a public TO server and there was no point of playing but the duel server was fine so I think they broke something for sure.

• @SpyingFuzzball:

Chivalry is fun. Or, it was.

The flaws were fairly obvious. LMB spam (Apparently it’s easy to counter, but when an MAA is INSIDE your character, spamming it, you literally have to look 90 degrees in both directions to counter their attacks), stun not working, almost every single vanguard weapon is overpowered… It’s pathetic.

Stun works pretty well actually and much easier now to hit someone after you stun them…. it at least makes the other guy go on the defense a lot more often and second guess what he should do.

M1 spamming is part of the game & every single class does it… I also seen plenty of people spamming thrust attacks as well.

You have to look 90 degrees to block M1 attacks? Well you have to look almost straight up to block most over head attacks… go figure that you need to aim your parry / block at the incoming weapon… geez.

Vanguards weapons are all over powered? Again, go figure that… they’re big weapons with a lot of damage and reach and since they’re the only class that doesn’t get a shield, it’s no surprise they’re balanced that way.

Vanguards are the 2nd easiest class to kill in the game, beaten out by the Archer. Overpowered? Pssh.

Learn to feint properly and Vanguards are quick and easy to chop down.

But, the patch… My god, the patch ruined this game. The worst part is, it’s HARD to find the exact reason as to why it is ruined. The game just feels… wrong.

I prefer the Knight as well, I use either the 2nd 1H Sword or Maul and the 1st Mace with Shield…… I have no issues using the Knight since the patch, in fact, I find him even easier to use now.

But from time to time I’ll use a Man at Arms or Archer… Vanguards are usually the class I play the least.

I know, I know, hold back on variety, right? It’s what I like, it’s what I found to work effectively for my gamestyle, and yet, with the new patch, I can’t do -ANYTHING-. Honestly, classes I use to walk over without breaking a sweat, now cause me so much frustration that I’ll force-quit the game.

It’s called “balancing the game”

Granted, I had to re-adjust my tactics a bit after the patch, but I am right back to where I was before the patch…. actually slightly better in some aspects.

The range on the Greatsword is non-existent now. People using the FIRST Two-hander axe, the one with the brutal range, are starting to outrange me. WHY?! Why the flying **** are people who are using with incredibly low range, as a trade-off to their high damage, dancing around me? It’s not my connection, either, though my ping is usually higher than most since I live in the middle of nowhere in Canada, but… It’s still more than playable.

points to himself Canadian here too… just in Australia 8-)

A lot of the times when I hear people I killed complain about blocking or parrying my hits and complain about pings or something, I have a ping of 40-60 most times when I play, and when I hit them when they block or parry, they turned too far to one way and exposed a large chunk of their body for me to hit… so from my perspective, they didn’t block anything and were wide open.

And the same thing happens to me from time to time.

As for the range of the 1H swords… I can’t comment cuz I can’t say I have noticed any issues thus far.

People who use polearms are neigh untouchable. They spam thrust and all I can do is hope to block, which doesn’t seem to work ever since the patch came out.
    inb4 idiots start posting “Look at the weapons tip”… Yeah, buddy, I’m doing that. No problem before the patch!

Chances are they might be aiming very low towards your feet where you miss your block / parry…… but I can’t say because I am not seeing what you see.

I’ve been one-shot from greathammers from full health to none, without being decapitated, and still having my helmet on.

Overhead hits that smack you in the head will kill just about every class…. Vanguard’s heads explode… Knight’s heads do not from my experience.

One-handers seem to have an invisible two feet added to their weapons, because ranges that I was comfortable with not blocking at before and surviving, are now causing me to lose one third of my health, per swing, which is fairly damn fast because once you get in a swing-stunlock from a MAA or Archer, it’s basically over.

As another Knight player…. I play on a lot of Duel matches and I’m topping the charts or in the top three every time, against all available classes… year I’ve seen Archers come at me with daggers with over hand attacks that seem to go through my shield a bunch of times, but I also noticed it’s because they also keep angling their attack to one side rather than straight at me like most other attacks.

I’ve learned to counter those attacks quite well now… it’s takes time. One other thing you can do is kick or bash them back and do a thrust or swipe… you can almost always get one hit in every time & against an Archer or MAA, two hits usually drops them while they have to get multiple hits on you to drop.

That’s part of the game…. if their swing is already in motion, you’re not going to stop it… I learned this the hard way myself.

Take out the vote to kick option, too. Idiots are abusing it. I tried to boot someone who had 100% Team Damage, and not only did they NOT vote to kick them, but him and his little buddy proceeded to TK me at the very start of the next round. Thank you,Torn Banner, for giving the amazingly intellectual community the power to control who plays. Not like a server Admin should have that power, or anything, right?

What server admin?

I have yet to see one on their own server since I’ve started playing…. until they actually start regulating their servers, vote kick remains.

Find a decent server and stick to it.

I know this is a broken and messy complaint but I’m sick of this. I actually enjoyed playing this game before the patch, now I’m contemplating uninstalling it, even after suggesting the game to 4-5 other friends.

Please fix this … broken, pathetic excuse of a patch.

Sorry, I like it.

But I will admit that I have noticed the Knight’s 1st Hammer seems to be very very difficult to block properly and I do seem to have to turn a lot more than I should to block them.

It’s all not perfect, but it’s still an improvement over what things used to be like.

• Sorry but the “stun” feature is compounded on top of the blow back thus it all comes down to who gets in the first hit then spam from there. The stun takes far too long to recover from and is a broken game mechanic considering there is already a blow back feature that does the same thing, now it is just doubled.

• Practice strategy, not ‘tricks’.

Practice of Strategy will help you in all games and transcends changes to weapon stats. Sure your ‘tricks’ can be used, but don’t rely on them. If you become adapt at strategy you will quickly learn the ins/outs of any new patch and use everything to your advantage.

Adapt.

• Having read everything above. One thing I would like to say
    NEXT UPDATE PLEASE COME!

• May i ask, why is there suddenly a butt load of MAA every on every map? And seeing with the latency they spam like hell. I can take care of a spammer, but when you got 4 of those angry midgets trying to stab you with their kitchen utensils. It’s not really fun anymore!

• @Toll:

Practice strategy, not ‘tricks’.

Practice of Strategy will help you in all games and transcends changes to weapon stats. Sure your ‘tricks’ can be used, but don’t rely on them. If you become adapt at strategy you will quickly learn the ins/outs of any new patch and use everything to your advantage.

Adapt.

How do you adapt to a broken game with a horrible hit and block/parry detection not to mention major class and weapon changes that fundamentally have changed the game after a patch? And not for the better. It is quite clear that many players are having issues beyond skills and adaptation. Many players who were pretty good now cannot even parry effectively without getting hit and taking damage.

There has also been a “FIX” that has effectively prevents you from turning or adjusting your swing while in the middle of the attack effectively negating the “real time” swing trace. Then there is the whole “Stun” which effectively adds to the already horrible blow back. So not only are you blown back after a hit and spun around in many cases, you are also stunned from doing anything. Thus the first person to get in the first attack usually wins with the spam.

So please tell my how you adjust to that? Just be defensive? Now add the shitty pings, still horrible map design with shitty FPS that everyone is looking for the magic bullet or setting so they can actually play this even worse POS.

FIX a few things, break a shit ton more in the process.

• I’ve also noticed the patch has completely wrecked the game for me. I used to run a 2.5KDR without even trying, and I could do it with just about any class or weapon (except for bows and javelins). Post patch I struggle to even keep a 1.0. The worst thing for me is that, like someone else in here mentioned, I can’t even tell whats wrong.

I definitely think the hit detection got screwed up. It often feels like the animations on my screen are completely desynced from what’s actually happening. Weapons seem to have really inconsistent reach, and I’m frequently damaged by people who have either just completed a swing animation, or have barely started the windup. (yes I know about backswings during windup, it’s not the backswing)

I’ve also noticed parries fail when there’s absolutely no reason they should be failing. My shield doesn’t work about 20% of the time either (yes I know about jumping + overhead swings)

From a balance standpoint, I noticed that 1h weapons are really easy to kill people with (maybe because of the inconsistency of blocking?). Knight with falchion or vanguard with second axe M1 spamming nets me as many kills as trying to play in a tactical manner. There have also been a ton of archers with uncanny accuracy.

• @restinpieces:

I have worked out a few fighting tricks like deliberate missed swings and others. Most of them are just broken now. Missed swing only gets u a unblockable hit from even the biggests noobs now. Ranges are very different know. I tried to relearn, I tried to use other weapons, nothing was realy satisfying. Its seems to me this is the time of the 1h in ur face spam guys. 2h are left behind.

Exactly this.

@DokB:

Everyone’s dealing with the same thing here, we’ve all died in bullshit ways. There’s not much we can do apart from alert TB to potential problems and wait for this “hotfix”.

Yeah, but since the balance is shot right to hell with this update, It clearly levels the playfield with people who aren’t anywhere close to being skilled. So basically it sucks.
    Everyone is now using the broken loadout, either MAA or Knight with 1h.

So yeah, all we can do is wait, which is already a bit annoying for people who were already waiting for the previous update to play the game because of previous problems.
    I tried to DL the trial version of WotR to help me wait (now you can play it for free), but it’s quite bad.