Swing cancel animation?

• Hello there,

Recently I noticed some awkwardness with the way feints and interrupts work. It’s not too often, but I have not encountered this before that patch no matter what ping. The problem also arises on low ping servers with low ping players.

Basically the problem is that the game shows an attack animation behind its point of release yet a player is still able to cancel the attack or be completely interrupted if he gets hit. It looks pretty ridiculous, with a swing, the weapon is already stretched out in front of the player model (mid-swing) yet it abruptly teleports back in windup position and starts a new strike immediately. On the other hand, some weapon models were already next to my face (mid swing) yet somehow got interrupted when I hit the player a split second before (and vice versa. My weapon in their face, still got interupted).

This is really frustrating and, even though it happens not too often, results in 100% unpredictable feints or really unjustified interrupts.

I don’t really know what could have caused this… either some side of animation/code modification, a client problem… or the introduction of alt swings?

Does anybody else have this problem?

• There is a bug called the Ghost Swing.

Sometimes due to reasons unknown to me, usually after the enemy successfully parries they will do an ‘impossible’ swing. That is the swing will come out about twice as fast as what it should, your natural reaction is to parry it, however the swing isn’t real. Just an animation and nothing more, then it abruptly changes into the real swing from the enemy. Since you started your parry way too early for the ghost swing, the real swing gets you.

The solution is/was to ignore that impossible swing. You need a bit of experience behind you to know that the swing has to be a ghost, then you parry the real swing when it comes.

Now, to add an extra level of complexity, ever since the patch some of these ‘impossible’ swings are actually real and do damage. What is happening here I’m not sure. Sometimes you will get parried and they will immediately follow it up with an attack that you can do nothing about. This seems like an unintentional mechanic, as the swing seems to skip windup.

• This sounds alarming, but could very well be what I have experienced… it seems to match, at least partly. Any other feedback on this issue?

• @Don_Kanaille:

This sounds alarming, but could very well be what I have experienced… it seems to match, at least partly. Any other feedback on this issue?

SUPPOSEDLY, it will be fixed in the next big patch, which will be something of a pesticide update.

Where they

! hopefully kill a lot of bugs.