A really weird Suggestion

• I know that im probably going to be permbanned for all eternity for this but ill just give it a try.

Now mention a game with this kind of combat mechanics, set in an open world of medieval - magic shizl that reminds ppl a bit of lord of the rings.
    kinda simple for the start i know but already that would completley overwhelm the company with ppls buying the sha*t outa them.

And now freaking imagine:
    A game with combat mechanics of this an open world ish style game like lotr (or anything else hollywood stuffyish that fits in here) and add something that is similar to Minecraft

now that i sad it im not really a big fan of minecraft itself but the idea of becoming a lord of a city i build with others and i have to SKILLFULLY defend n such would just blow my freaking mind

P.S what i saw is just awesome u made the perfect game already and im sooooo going to buy that

• oh yea and one last note: i dont want a game that is in any way childish ( like minecraft or something)
    i just mentioned it cause its a well known game in that type of league. I really want an all mature game with EXACTLY this kind of fighting i saw there in the vids. And just the idea of self made economy self build, organized, styled buildings and the fact that u could meet so many ppl and have like trade and fights with them political stuff and that, i just see the potential this all has and not try to make it something it definitley isnt.

• Well there is always the possibility that some crazy obsessed and talented person(or persons) could create a mod.

• Check out mount & blade warband and all of its mods. You wonder around on an open map, collect troops, engage with other factions, take and hold castles/towns etc. When you get into a fight its action oriented, riding around on your horse slashing/hacking at bots on the other side while you tell yours what to do. Really neat unique game in the single player front on that end.

• one of the stretch goals were castle creator, so we can only hope that it’s something they will put in later

• havent found that castle creator yet any info for me pls`?

• havent found that castle creator yet any info for me pls`?

not really any info about it. they haven’t started making it, so i am the last to know.

• for that to be an option, the game would have to have an unreal success like something that everybody on earth would know this before knowing their names…. then maybe…just MAYBE, they would add something like that.
    but keep dreaming, that would be the perfect game

• Breno it was one of the stretch goals, so it’s probably not as impossible as you think. they said that they would add some of the stretch goals later on, so there is still a chance.

• @RecklessStrategy:

Breno it was one of the stretch goals, so it’s probably not as impossible as you think. they said that they would add some of the stretch goals later on, so there is still a chance.

I’m fairly certain that Breno was talking about magic, not the castle creator.

• i was talking about an open world game the way the discription said.
    the castle creation is possible, but a mod in such a scale i don’t think so.
    (the castle creation will only enable people to create their own map(, the way i understand it))

• I don’t think it’s a weird suggestion, you got my mind imagining fantastical stuff now, like dragons in an open world setting kind of like runescape but with Chivalry fighting mechanics.
    But man so much new people it makes me feel like the launch of the game is going to be epic, i mean i played AOC (the prequel to Chivalry:Medieval Warfare) on my little brothers account waaaay before i myself even had a steam account (Infact the only reason i created a steam account was because on day my little brother told me that Having Team fortress two, which is free, would now allow me to play Age of Chivalry for free and i didn’t have to buy half life 2 to play it) and the community was so small in AOC.
    But now the community is so large and it’s great that new players like you come up with these awesome ideas because it shows that the game is going to be a success.

• People have tried to do persistent world MMO style games with precise melee mechanics, and they always run into the same issue: even the most advanced servers at the moment simply can’t handle precise melee accuracy with the amount of people and NPCs and everything happening that happens in an MMO. Some of these games manage to still be enjoyable in PvE but pretty much all of them end up with lackluster PvP because not having precision to your melee attacks due to unavoidable server lag is a gamebreaker for such games.

I have no doubt it’ll happen at some point in the future, but right now it seems like server technology just isn’t advanced enough to handle it - or nobody has found a way to properly optimize melee strikes to make it work.

• …. one of the stretch goals u say? well i got questions to that too if i may:

what do they mean with stretch goals

so ur telling me one of them was like what i suggested? AWESOME

• @SlyGoat:

People have tried to do persistent world MMO style games with precise melee mechanics, and they always run into the same issue: even the most advanced servers at the moment simply can’t handle precise melee accuracy with the amount of people and NPCs and everything happening that happens in an MMO. Some of these games manage to still be enjoyable in PvE but pretty much all of them end up with lackluster PvP because not having precision to your melee attacks due to unavoidable server lag is a gamebreaker for such games.

I have no doubt it’ll happen at some point in the future, but right now it seems like server technology just isn’t advanced enough to handle it - or nobody has found a way to properly optimize melee strikes to make it work.

You’re talking about Darkfall and Mortal Online, do you?

Man, a MMO game with great working combat mechanics (like Chivalry or Mount&Blade) would be a dream come true…
    I’m not sure if it’s that hard to do though.

Do you know PlanetSide 2? It’s a scifi MMO shooter in beta right now. It will have up to 2000 people on a single large map. In beta, I haven’t experienced any major lags until now. But maybe in shooters it will not be as severe as in a melee combat game like Chivalry.