Post Patch annoying as hell archers

• Granted the topic is bit exaggerated. But post patch I have seen a significant change in Archers fighting meele. I mostly play as a Vanguard and as such archers are my nemesis. I used to dodge their arrows almost all the time before patch. Now they don’t even shot at me while I approach. They wait till im right in their face and start my windup to release their arrow. BAM 100% accuracy one hit kill with the Warbow. This is stupid. I haven’t found any tactic to avoid this. Leaving the archer for someone with shield is no possibility in moste cases.

After the patch my fights almost always look like this:
    Leave spawn
    dodge 3-4 arrows
    approch Archer
    die
    or
    Leave spawn
    dodge 3-4 arrows
    approche meele
    fight meele while still dodging arrows
    die 40% of the time without a kill 40% with one kill and 20% the archer sucks so much I’m able to kill both.

Any solution to this frustating problem is welcome also any acknowledgement, “get some skill” guys can gtfo.

• Archers are meant to eat Vanguards, deal with it

• why not use a shield?

• @Carl:

why not use a shield?

What do you mean, like a human shield?

• There are plenty of ways to deal with archers:

1. Play knight, pick a tower shield. It´s knights who win the battle, not an MAA.

2. Use smoke pots. Vanguards now have 2. Resupply often at the ammo box.

3. Play archer, pick broadhead, one-shot them.

4. Play MAA and run around like your ass is on fire. And get shot in the face 50% of the time. Don´t use the shield. A good archer can still hit you in the lower torso. I myself have once killed a knight with a towershield with a headshot!

• @DokB:

@Carl:

why not use a shield?

What do you mean, like a human shield?

Those work too 8-) Seriously, if not equipping a shield you can run behind a teammate and let him take the heat. I do it a lot.

• A tactic while playing as Vanguard is to come at them with throwing axes or knives…. zig zag like you normally do… then before you get point blank where they almost always hit you, lob the throwing axes/knives at them, disrupting their pull back… easy kill after that, every time… feed them their own medicine, then watch them run away as you draw back your claymore, screaming the whole way!!!

Even if you miss with the axes or throwing knives, it’s usually enough to make them miss their last shot at you due to trying to dodge your projectiles… then hack their tiny little asses down like they deserve 8-)

• What i really hate about archers is they run when you are close, but if one of their friends attacks me, they suddenly got the balls to attack me with their butter knife, usually it ended with me cutting his head off, but seeing the patch made the game worse, it get owned constantly now.

• @Necramonium:

What i really hate about archers is they run when you are close, but if one of their friends attacks me, they suddenly got the balls to attack me with their butter knife, usually it ended with me cutting his head off, but seeing the patch made the game worse, it get owned constantly now.

I always duel 1 vs 1 with my archer when someone comes close. If you know how to use a dagger, he will die even faster than using arrows.

• Heavy crossbow one shots knights now in the head. As a primary crossbow user when I archer, I love this new feature.

Buff crossbowman more plz. kthx. Oh and sling too.

• @Slaughtervomit:

Heavy crossbow one shots knights now in the head. As a primary crossbow user when I archer, I love this new feature.

Buff crossbowman more plz. kthx. Oh and sling too.

I want to throw flaming balls at them with the sling :D

• @restinpieces:

Granted the topic is bit exaggerated. But post patch I have seen a significant change in Archers fighting meele. I mostly play as a Vanguard and as such archers are my nemesis. I used to dodge their arrows almost all the time before patch. Now they don’t even shot at me while I approach. They wait till im right in their face and start my windup to release their arrow. BAM 100% accuracy one hit kill with the Warbow. This is stupid. I haven’t found any tactic to avoid this. Leaving the archer for someone with shield is no possibility in moste cases.

After the patch my fights almost always look like this:
    Leave spawn
    dodge 3-4 arrows
    approch Archer
    die
    or
    Leave spawn
    dodge 3-4 arrows
    approche meele
    fight meele while still dodging arrows
    die 40% of the time without a kill 40% with one kill and 20% the archer sucks so much I’m able to kill both.

Any solution to this frustating problem is welcome also any acknowledgement, “get some skill” guys can gtfo.

This is the worst thread I have seen in a while. You are implicating that the patch suddenly changed archers’ behavior? You = Bad.

• @Cpt-Praxius:

A tactic while playing as Vanguard is to come at them with throwing axes or knives…. zig zag like you normally do… then before you get point blank where they almost always hit you, lob the throwing axes/knives at them, disrupting their pull back… easy kill after that, every time… feed them their own medicine, then watch them run away as you draw back your claymore, screaming the whole way!!!

Even if you miss with the axes or throwing knives, it’s usually enough to make them miss their last shot at you due to trying to dodge your projectiles… then hack their tiny little asses down like they deserve 8-)

That looks promising didn’t even think to counter their short range attack with another short range attack. Thx!

@reQ.saintelliott:

This is the worst thread I have seen in a while. You are implicating that the patch suddenly changed archers’ behavior? You = Bad.

GTFO

To all the guys suggesting to switch class, use a shield, et cetera… yes sure I didn’t write that this is not an option as I implied its is common sense that a shield would solve my problem. I like to play vanguard and even if archer are there to keep vanguards at bay, vanguard should not be a sure kill for archers.

• @David:

Tehehehe, copied to our “NO FUN ALLOWED” thread in Off-Topic. :D

Also those Vanguards whining their balls off about Archers because you don’t have a shield…

Do you ever think how Archers feel when facing a class that DOES?

Even way back in the Alpha, the only people having a massive screaming fit about (GOOD) Archers were Vanguards. :P

Admittedly the Smoke pot could still do with being a bit better / last longer.

(Btw I don’t really have a fave class at the mo, though if I did it would probably be the Spear Vanguard).

• @BobT36:

@David:

Tehehehe, copied to our “NO FUN ALLOWED” thread in Off-Topic. :D

Also those Vanguards whining their balls off about Archers because you don’t have a shield…

Do you ever think how Archers feel when facing a class that DOES?

Even way back in the Alpha, the only people having a massive screaming fit about (GOOD) Archers were Vanguards. :P

Admittedly the Smoke pot could still do with being a bit better / last longer.

(Btw I don’t really have a fave class at the mo, though if I did it would probably be the Spear Vanguard).

Did u even read what i wrote? My second most played class is archer btw so i know what i am talking about and what u try to imply.

In short:

• i didn’t whine about archers pre patch
    • i dont whine now
    • i dont want a shield
    • archers crying about shields is not solved by one shoting vanguards with no skill
    • i could dogde archers just fine in pre patch times
    • now its much harder
    • if u skillfully close the cap ur still toast against any noob archer

• @restinpieces:

Did u even read what i wrote? My second most played class is archer btw so i know what i am talking about and what u try to imply.

In short:

• i didn’t whine about archers pre patch
    • i dont whine now
    • i dont want a shield
    • archers crying about shields is not solved by one shoting vanguards with no skill
    • i could dogde archers just fine in pre patch times
    • now its much harder
    • if u skillfully close the cap ur still toast against any noob archer

Yes, and I still disagree. I’ve heard the same right back since the Alpha… :P

Also that post wasn’t aimed at you specifically, tis why I only quoted David. :)

• serpentine.

don’t run right into their faces directly, serpentine and then go their side and swing.

I hate to say it, but you are frustrated from a lack of skill/tactics

• Smoke bombs are actually pretty good now too, they just need to last a bit longer.

Slaying Archers atm with Claymore, easy enough.

• The only moment i ever hate archers is….when they hit me xD I love archers, they are often so busy aiming at the melee i can just sneak in, laugh at them in-game (using x and 9) and see them turn around only to get decapitated. It’s also a lot of fun to play with the heavy xbow.

But as for any changes since the patch, meh, didn’t notice any. I mostly play TO so i’m used to arrows flying everywhere all the time.