Let Slingers Punch

• I am fond of punching people in the face, and I also enjoy hurling pebbles at the enemy as I dip and dodge around the battlefield. I think it would be amazing if I could punch while I had the sling equipped, and I dont see any reason why I couldn’t. I imagine the only limitations are in realm of programming and code, instead of the rules that govern ‘reality.’

great game, thank you so much.

• If slingers could punch. It would make the archer class OP. They can stop attacks and other things. It has been suggested that people can kick with a bow or crossbow equipped.

• @Thatoneguy5314:

If slingers could punch. It would make the archer class OP. They can stop attacks and other things. It has been suggested that people can kick with a bow or crossbow equipped.

Well if they are unarmed they cant block so hardly overpowered.

Slingers certainly need something to make up for a weapon that tickles.

• This would really only make sense if they had a Buckler, which they should have.

A Buckler, combined with removal of the windup mechanic, would make the Sling a fearsome weapon, rather than the piddly fool-around weapon it is now.

• @NikolaiLev:

This would really only make sense if they had a Buckler, which they should have.

A Buckler, combined with removal of the windup mechanic, would make the Sling a fearsome weapon, rather than the piddly fool-around weapon it is now.

As much as I despise the buckler, I kinda agree. Buckler would be an improvement to sling with its punching ability. Or maybe a parrying dagger?

Also I would like to add that I wouild love to see a class with a loadout based on throwing knives. Give them no primary, but increased ammo on knives so they can throw the crap out of them!

• Or maybe just learn to swap your weapons.

I wrote the guide it still applies for a sling.

• @lemonater47:

Or maybe just learn to swap your weapons.

No, the sling is pretty terrible. It needs something along with it, especially considering you don’t windup sling shots in real life. All it takes is one rotation to fling a rock, not this lasso bullcrap.

And having a windup without a secondary attack and/or buckler makes the weapon’s already negligible damage even more ridiculous. Oh yeah, I’ll just learn to switch weapons as I get ganked from behind and two shotted by most weapons before I can even get my sabre out.

• Give slingers a quarterstaff

• @RighteousLemming:

@lemonater47:

Or maybe just learn to swap your weapons.

No, the sling is pretty terrible. It needs something along with it, especially considering you don’t windup sling shots in real life. All it takes is one rotation to fling a rock, not this lasso bullcrap.

And having a windup without a secondary attack and/or buckler makes the weapon’s already negligible damage even more ridiculous. Oh yeah, I’ll just learn to switch weapons as I get ganked from behind and two shotted by most weapons before I can even get my sabre out.

You obviously don’t know about slingers. I know about ancient slingers and they did wind it up for a few seconds to get maximum velocity when released. Just flinging it wouldn’t do very good.

Read the guide. People try to take that last shot and then swap, hardly ever works.

• Personally I don’t think the amount of work is feasible when you can just switch to fists; I can assume it would require modifications to the current fists animations to accommodate the sling.

I do agree though that slings need that extra level of power in some form to make it a real valid tactical option In battle. I think although any half decent blow to the head from anything would realistically daze an opponent, a headshot with a sling rock to the head should seriously daze the opponent for enough time to cause him an disadvantage. This could effectively make the sling a proper support unit, also adding another style of play. May be worth expanding upon, just thoughts that came to mind.

• @Scorp:

Personally I don’t think the amount of work is feasible when you can just switch to fists; I can assume it would require modifications to the current fists animations to accommodate the sling.

I do agree though that slings need that extra level of power in some form to make it a real valid tactical option In battle. I think although any half decent blow to the head from anything would realistically daze an opponent, a headshot with a sling rock to the head should seriously daze the opponent for enough time to cause him an disadvantage. This could effectively make the sling a proper support unit, also adding another style of play. May be worth expanding upon, just thoughts that came to mind.

Yes that’s a good idea. A hit should daze an opponent making to real slowl for a second. Even with a helmet its a pretty big knock.