Suggestions for future newsletters

• @Oy:

Also, more info on developer focus/progress. I need to know if they’re adding stuff.

Well, this heh:

What’s to come:

Now that CU1 has been released, our main focus will be on… and you will all be excited to hear this….drumroll MOD TOOLS! Keep in mind, there is no ETA on when these will be released, but just know that it’s the next big thing that will be happening! So let those creative juices flow and get ready to start on some exciting new maps and mods for Chivalry!

Another thing we can look forward to will be a “Community Issues” patch which is up next. It will feature primarily optimization, bug fixes and high priority community requests. This one is all about making the current game, play and run better.

Unless you mean specifics, though I’m not sure if they could give specific stuff until they’ve actually finished working on it. Things change a lot during development. I’m sure that section will always be there when their focus changes though!

I agree that, especially for a new company, it’s pretty much the most important thing for Torn Banner at the moment to let everyone know what they’re working on and consider important.

• Kimiko, what would also be awesome is you going over all your written points on video also. Not forgetting to wear a fake beard at the same time.

To be honest the first newsletter went great. Concise and informative :D

• @Scorp:

Kimiko, what would also be awesome is you going over all your written points on video also. Not forgetting to wear a fake beard at the same time.

To be honest the first newsletter went great. Concise and informative :D

LOL, I’m not sure if that’s a good idea :P I mean it’s a good idea, but I don’t know if I can do it :P Plus the comments I’d get… URGH.

• I think we need more RK coverage.

• @Martin:

I think we need more RK coverage.

Yeah right? I was a bit sad I couldn’t put ANY RK in there at all.

• @Kimiko:

@Martin:

I think we need more RK coverage.

Yeah right? I was a bit sad I couldn’t put ANY RK in there at all.

RK is a clan? Must be new. If only they were in the newsletter so that I would have been informed of their existence!

• Should post more Vq and RK, all other clans suck anyways.

• @Scorp:

Kimiko, what would also be awesome is you going over all your written points on video also. Not forgetting to wear a fake beard at the same time.

~~Oh god I almost died.

That + a Vanguard Helmet.~~

• ~~So you could do a bio on the TB team per newsletter - what their favorite class/weapon is, how they got into game development, how many processor threads they have, whether they have cats etc.

Oh crap I finished reading the newsletter you already said meet the devs.~~

Your community event sparked an idea for the future - developers versus moderators (ok might be one-sided) or fans versus mods etc.

How about a video showing that Malric can actually survive the Agatha attack on the Citadel map lol.

How about a continuing video tutorial showing one feature of the mod tools as they progress.

• Somehow keep record of all the Agatha/Mason wins:losses on all official servers then post the current ratio for people to see who is superior. Do this for every newsletter!

• @Slaughtervomit:

Somehow keep record of all the Agatha/Mason wins:losses on all official servers then post the current ratio for people to see who is superior. Do this for every newsletter!

Actually, I’d like to see win:loss percentages for maps. This could be sensitive data, though.

At least, I hope TB actually has that sort of data. Pretty important, for mostly obvious reasons.

• ~~How about staff pick artwork to be added?

Also, more community events! (Personally would love to see sling-only TDM) and results of said events posted in newsletters!

A section dedicated to putting various moustaches/beards/ect. on Kimiko’s avatar picture.~~

• @Slaughtervomit:

How about staff pick artwork to be added?

It’s on the list already ;)

@Slaughtervomit:

Also, more community events! (Personally would love to see sling-only TDM) and results of said events posted in newsletters!

With or without low grav?

@Slaughtervomit:

A section dedicated to putting various moustaches/beards/ect. on Kimiko’s avatar picture.

:jlaff:

• @ReMixx:

@Slaughtervomit:

Make it super high grav, so the Sling is a melee weapon and people take heavy damage when walking down steps. :P

• @NikolaiLev:

@ReMixx:

@Slaughtervomit:

Make it super high grav, so the Sling is a melee weapon and people take heavy damage when walking down steps. :P

Remind me in CS when I set the gravity over 10000 and people die from walking down stair xD

• @Slaughtervomit:

A section dedicated to putting various moustaches/beards/ect. on Kimiko’s avatar picture.

• @BobT36:

@Slaughtervomit:

Where’d the one from Valentine’s Day go?

• Do a newsletter about feint and whether you are going to remove/fix it or not, so my friends and I can either keep playing this game in hope that you will fix feint or completely uninstall if you are not going to instead of wasting our time on it.

• I’d like to see a contest pop up to see who can make the best dance video of Chivalry and the winner be featured in a newsletter.

Or maybe video spotlights and/or picture gallery type thing for the artwork people.
    Possibly some Steam group spotlights as well? cough Stoneshill Silly Nannies cough