Magic and Wizard mod

• Would it be possible to implement magic in a mod? Like fireballs, lightning and all that fancy stuff.

Would the engine of the game allow for an easy implementation of magic mechanism? Even for an amateur modder?

Whoever knows the answer, don’t hesitate. :)

• I don’t think this is a good idea. There are enough medieval games with wizards and magic. We need more realistic medieval games! :)

• Hmm not sure if there is a lot of multiplayer skill based games with magic. WoW, guild wars, everquest don’t count as they are MMORPGs.

The only game that I have in mind is the multiplayer mode of dark messiah.

• The last decent FPS dark fantasy/sorcery themed game I ever played was Hexen. If someone was crazy enough to try and mod the game to be something like that, then I think that would be cool.

• I prefer it as is, medieval like and not fantasy like

• @DrBoom:

I prefer it as is, medieval like and not fantasy like

Well i totally respect that, and the point of a mod is to be… a mod : something created by a fan that you choose to install or not.

• @akarnir:

@DrBoom:

I prefer it as is, medieval like and not fantasy like

Well i totally respect that, and the point of a mod is to be… a mod : something created by a fan that you choose to install or not.

Ah, sorry about that, I was under the impression you asked the core game to be like that.

Sure thing, bud, goodluck with that :D

• I would love to see something like that.

• relax people surely someone will do that… as well as a zombie and peasant rebellion
    but BTW i don’t think that it will become epic, for such epicness only some studio will do, maybe the Torn Banner do that later… who knows

• @Breno:

relax people surely someone will do that… as well as a zombie and barrelrebellion
    but BTW i don’t think that it will become epic, for such epicness only some studio will do, maybe the Torn Banner do that later… who knows

fixed that for you.

• @FreakingCreepy:

@Breno:

relax people surely someone will do that… as well as a zombie and barrelrebellion

fixed that for you.

hahahahaha that was exactly what i wanted to say xD
    thank you