Knights… Knights everywhere!

• So what’s going on, allmost everyone seems to be playing knight lately.

I feel like they are overpowered. Too easy to kill and get killed with a knight.

I think they are too quick.

Your thoughts?

• The problem is knights right now are just durable vanguards, maa are harder to play and archers are hated and noobs. So the go to newbie class is obviously the knight. But even with higher skill the knight stays very good, so why take anything else?(not that it should not be like this)

• need more vulture MaA’s … Man at arms is probably the class that counters me as knight the most because of their speed. And plus all the MaA’s are basically exploiting the fact that we have to do that 150 deg turn to block the LMB of the MaA. If the maa get’s in close, and the knight has not seen the video haha… then he will have a LOT of problems blocking the MaA. The MaA hatchet is particularly good at getting around shields or just hitting classes in general. Also, archers tend to make me nervous now when i get close up because i know if they land one poke with the shortsword or if they are using daggars… i’m basically not going to be able to block that at all.

• Man at Arms hard counters pretty much every class. The knights durability is nothing, as MaA can 2-3 shot them. Vanguards reach is nothing as the MaA can tele-stab them. Archers have less armor, and no tele-dodge ability.

he may be harder to play as. But the MaA is the most powerful character in the game.

• I rather prefer over abundance of Knights than MAA.

• @SerFluffy:

I rather prefer over abundance of Knights than MAA.

Too much of any one class is bad, but at least tons of Knights pushes objectives fairly effectively.

• Too many knights? All I see are Vanguards and Man at Arms these days.

• Newer players don’t often weapon switch, based on the class they are fighting.

If everyone is running around with swords and spear Knights can seem to live forever, as the are less susceptible to piercing damage than they are blunt damage.

The fastest way through a Knight is to beat it down not poke it full of holes.

• @nsweetman:

Newer players don’t often weapon switch, based on the class they are fighting.

If everyone is running around with swords and spear Knights can seem to live forever, as the are less susceptible to piercing damage than they are blunt damage.

The fastest way through a Knight is to beat it down not poke it full of holes.

Oh so very true… The class I see most of lately is still Vanguard, but I have seen an increase in the number of MaAs, mostly noobs who won’t dodge or block.

• In my opinion, knight is overall the most appealing class. Not necessarily OP, just appealing. MAAs are hard to learn and vanguards are easily countered by archers, but as a knight nobody really has an edge on you by default unless you’re fighting a skilled MAA or another knight with a blunt primary. When I started out, knight quickly became the most comfortable choice for me, so I’m not surprised to see many new players using it. I’d much rather see two extra knights for every rank 0 archer out there.

Maybe they’re not as slow as they ought to be. Maybe.

• So, knights are OP, MaA are OP and vanguards are OP…

So the game seems to be right except for archers being UP :o

• Knights are in a sense the “standard” or “default” class, where as every other class has some gimmick. Everything else is “knight + something else”. In a shooter, the knight would be the “solder” or “infantry” and the other classes would be medic/engineer/scout/etc.

Choosing a class to play:
    Archers: Don’t count. They’re ranged. I want to stab things.
    MAA: I played them at first, but the dodge mechanic doesn’t really scream “medieval combat” to me. Since I never used it, I was just a knight with less hp.
    Vanguard: Charge attack? Wut? And huge slow weapons aren’t my thing. If you go with secondary, you’re a knight with less hp again.
    Knight: Stab things. Decent weapons. No gimmicks. CLASS CHOSEN.

Playing as knight, I actually prefer to fight other knights. They won’t dodge and dance around like an MMA, or shoot me from afar, or try and stay out of range. So (strangely) I’m playing the same class I prefer to fight.

• I don’t see a bunch of knights everywhere… most servers I play have fairly balanced class selection. If anything, as of late, I’ve seen an abundance of archers. I can’t stand seeing 5 archers on my team when there’s only 12 of us, especially if we are pushing an objective… c’mon people, team play…

Knight is definitely my most played class because I like being able to take damage. MAAs are my worst opponent because of their tele-stab. Honestly, I don’t know how to counter this as a knight or vanguard.

I’ll choose vanguard if the map is especially large because the extra speed is nice. Knights can be really slow.

I’ll choose archer just to “have fun” if I need a change.