The map Frigid is EXTREMELY resource heavy

• Just that. I wanted to let the devs know, since I always see they try to optimize further the game :) , me and a lot people noticed that the map Frigid has a serious hit on our FPS, in my case, I play all maps at 30 FPS (except the tiny duel maps), but in Frigid, I play like at 23 FPS, 18-20 FPS at worst times (when too much people are in my screen), this doesn’t only affect my game, but I’m pretty sure it causes a heavier load to make for the servers, so just that :D .

• Yeah my bro’s machine (my old PC) doesn’t handle Frigid very well. My current one is fine though.

He’s running an Intel QX6850 Quad Core, 4ghz.
    Geforce 8800 GTX 768mb, 4GB RAM, as far as I can remember. Will try and run a DXdiag on his machine at some point if I can turf him off it for long enough.

• Ist Frigid thy snowny ctf map? If that is the case, the framerate for yours truly drops tremdously.

• From my experience Frigid is indeed more resource demanding then other maps.
    But Im still able to run it quite well.

I turned off dynamic lighting and detail level to medium. (It has increased my FPS from 10-20 to 30-40)
    Turning down any of the other options doesn’t help at all with improving FPS.

• I play everything but Citadel at 60FPS (playing with geforce gtx 670 and intel i7 3770k quad core 3.5 ghz, wiht the intel turbo boost thingy to go to 3.9ghz if needed. Also have 12gb of RAM if that that makes a big difference)

• Frigid, Hillside and the tower Duel map could use some optimizations for sure.

• Only map that ever made me drop below 60 frequently was a full Citadel map.

• I drop from 90 to 60 on the new maps, but big games on other maps will cause a dip too, so I don’t know. I play on max settings and can’t tweak anything because anytime I touch Chiv’s graphics settings, the dynamic lights and shadows go all crazy for some reason =p No idea if that’s related, since pre-patch I could mess around all I liked, but there you go.

• Me and my 2 friends were playing Frigid map yestarday and today and all 3 of us noticed that’s something wrong with fps so its gotta be somehow more demanding for our PC’s than other maps… All 3 of us run CMW on ultra setings and we never had such problems on other maps, so we would like to make 3 signs under this topic :) TBS should really look up closelly to this.

• Tis being looked into for the patch.

• @KingOfPolarBears:

I play everything but Citadel at 60FPS (playing with geforce gtx 670 and intel i7 3770k quad core 3.5 ghz, wiht the intel turbo boost thingy to go to 3.9ghz if needed. Also have 12gb of RAM if that that makes a big difference)

The only map that hurts my computer is Citadel. The frame rate is absolutely terrible. :(