Can we have a pingkick on Official Servers?

• Getting slightly angry about trying to parry and fight people with 200+ latency, when everyone else has less than 100. Everyone refuses to vote kick the person going around with 250 ping and being a gigantic nuisance.

• So the majority opted to keep the player, and you’re upset you didn’t get your way?

You lost the vote - please don’t drag issues to the forums. No need.

• I would like some kind of ping-kick too.

Ever since the patch, the game seems ultra-sensitive to latency. If you or someone else has bad ping, it makes parrying a nightmare, especially when combined with feints.

• If there ever is one, it would be set to like 300 or 400+. The point of the Official Servers is to be as accessible to as many people as possible.

• We’ll never have any kind of strict caps on official servers, such as class limitations, perspective locks or ping kicks.

@JHoersten2:

So the majority opted to keep the player, and you’re upset you didn’t get your way?

You lost the vote - please don’t drag issues to the forums. No need.

A startlingly mild response from JHoersten2, high five 8-)

• Really? Thou proclaims the booting of men who hold 250 ping?

I opt thou to move to New Zealand or Australia where there are only 2 Team Objective servers that bare -200 ping.

• I live in Australia and have no problem finding a server with 30-70 ping. I often votekick those with 300+ ping.

• @SerFluffy:

I opt thou to move to New Zealand or Australia where there are only 2 Team Objective servers that bare -200 ping.

There’s heaps of TO servers in Australia with -200 ping o.O

• @ReMixx:

If there ever is one, it would be set to like 300 or 400+. The point of the Official Servers is to be as accessible to as many people as possible.

In the name of screwing as many people as possible.

Those, the rest, that have normal ping. For a FPS game 400 ms ping is just lame! Especially in a game with such a shitty netcode, which lags even on LAN setup.

• I already made a thread about this and official response was “no”. We can however kick people with excessive ping, I daily vote kick people from servers I am on with 1000 ping and sometimes even worse. Obviously that has to be done because EVERY ONE lags when people with such pings enter server.

So for now, votekick people with too high ping, I generally do so only against people with more than 200 ping, less even though they lag would get out of hand.

Of course every time I do this and others we always have to explain what ping is and usually the offenders say things like “lag does not affect the game at all idiot” to which I respond “lol” and then “bye”.

I hope this does not piss off more people than having a 200 ping cap would but I am sure the devs are doing the right thing letting the community handle it ourselves.

• I so want autokick for high pingers, or at least the latency balancing tweaked back so it doesn’t favour higher pingers. Getting real tired of being hit by a guy before he swings…

• A big reason why they don have ping kicks is because of the mods. If here is a ping kick some mods won’t be able to get on and do things like ban and note down a hacker.

• @lemonater47:

A big reason why they don have ping kicks is because of the mods. If here is a ping kick some mods won’t be able to get on and do things like ban and note down a hacker.

That is not the reason at all and your reasoning behind it is flawed as well.

• You can votekick, simply vote to kick and say hes lagging, if enough people care they will be kicked. Like the first responder said +1. I have the fastest internet I can get in my area at 50$ a month and rarely have under 100 ping, usually 150, the next internet I could get would be t1 at what like 1,000$ a month as well as the cost of laying line to my house lol not gonna happen? I even sort games by ping and join the lowest ping official server. USA Arizona.

It is a shame to hear there will be no first person only official servers.

p.s. you are a winer be happy you have good ping, if you want to see how much having high ping sucks download a movie while you play and you will see it is a hindrance not a blessing

p.s.s. I don’t remember what game its from but the best method for people with 400+ ping is for their screen to have a pop up saying you are lagging with a timer to kick them if it keeps up for more then 45 seconds in the game, rendering them frozen while everyone else runs around freely, this discourages people using ping to their advantage, in the game wolf team people hit a button to lag themselves into invisibility when they are about to die. If you do not have any ping control, it will be abused. I say a guy named teleport the other day who was teleporting with high ping around the map.

• Internet speed in our matter is not the same as bandwidth. In order to understand how latence, speed,etc… work we have to know some basics. You can pay 1000$ a month for giga connection, but that will not guarantee you will have extra low ping or the ping you hoped and desired for. Because of common/practical computer communication… i mean common internet frases we mostly don’t speak correctly when talking about “speed of internet”.

Usually at households you can pay 20 or 100$ for internet and it won’t bring you any different ping (assuming both would use same comunication media, for example optic fibre). It will only bring you wider efficiency and capacity.

I would explain it better, but due to not being native english speaker and too lazy to use dictionary and limited time i maybe confuse someone even more. Sorry for that. :) I’ll just keep it simple with the following example:

You can pay for cheap (ofcourse depending in where you live) internet. Let’s say 15$ for symmetric 1 mbit/s. Those 1 mbit/s or if you prefer 128 KB/s upload/download is more than enough to play most if not every online game exists in the world without any latence/delay/ping issues. Most online FPS games don’t require more than few ten KB/s U/D at max in order to play them. I wish it would be as simple as paying more for internet and you get lower ping, but that’s not the way usual ISP to household and reverse communication medias work. You can pay 50$ or 1000$ for your home internet and you will still have exactly the same ping - lets say <50 ms to a server located like 2 countries away of yours.

Whether you use copper or super fast optic fibre and not really playing on a server located like 1300 miles away with satellite or dial-up connection it’s more important to optimize, tweak and “clean” your computer of unnecessary background programs running and stealing hardware as well as bandwidth resources.

Happy gaming. ;)

• @lemonater47:

A big reason why they don have ping kicks is because of the mods. If here is a ping kick some mods won’t be able to get on and do things like ban and note down a hacker.

See below, it’s about being default, fair and accessible, nothing to do with us mods lol.

@ReMixx:

If there ever is one, it would be set to like 300 or 400+. The point of the Official Servers is to be as accessible to as many people as possible.