F You Java Script!!!

• Does anybody else experience this?

The only real game I play now a days is Chivalry, so since this is directly affecting Chivalry for me, I thought this section would be appropriate.

For the last few weeks while playing Chivalry, I would be in the middle of a battle or duel when suddenly as a guy comes swinging at me, my game minimizes to desktop for an Admin command to run Java Update.

FFS!

I quickly hit cancel/no/escape and try to alt-tab back into the game as fast as possible, only to see myself dead!

You Cack Sacker!!!

After I am done playing I go back to the taskbar to see wtf Java’s issue is. Oh there’s an update? Then fkn update already and leave me the hell alone!

NO UPDATES ARE CURRENTLY AVAILABLE!!!

Are you fkn on crack or something, wtf is your problem?!

And in a few hours later or the next day, it does the same damn thing and 98% of the time it’s when I am right in the middle of playing a game…… Chivalry.

It’s like Java just sits there in the damn corner waiting for me to play and then when I am about to get attacked or attack, it goes to his buddies by the clock and says “watch this”

I swear to Jebus almighty that if it wasn’t needed for most web sites, I’d uninstall it.

Makes me want to punch a kitten in the face!!!

I swear if I ever find the guy who made this buggy update for Java, i’ma gonna kick him soooooo hard, square in his nads!!!

Fah’Quuuuu Java Script!

Once or twice I could pass off… But this has been going on for over a month now.

Is anybody else experiencing this crap or is it just me?

By Lucifer’s Beard, I will stomp a Bunny if this isn’t fixed soon!!! Look into my Klingon eyes… I’ll friggin DO IT!

• JavaScript != Java.

/troll

• ^ its called java

and you can configure the settings to prevent auto update.

• Yeah I’ll be looking into changing the settings when I have the chance, but it’s friggn annoying that it seems to only pop up when I’m playing a game, which is Chivalry. And I’d be fine if there was actually an update to install, but there isn’t…. And yeah, it kinda feels like I’m getting trolled by the damn thing.

Just had to rant after the last time it happened and if I was gonna rant, I might as well be creative about it :P

But seriously, nobody else has had this happen to them in the last month or so?

• @Cpt-Praxius:

Yeah I’ll be looking into changing the settings when I have the chance, but it’s friggn annoying that it seems to only pop up when I’m playing a game, which is Chivalry. And I’d be fine if there was actually an update to install, but there isn’t…. And yeah, it kinda feels like I’m getting trolled by the damn thing.

Just had to rant after the last time it happened and if I was gonna rant, I might as well be creative about it :P

But seriously, nobody else has had this happen to them in the last month or so?

It only pops up for me after restarting my computer first thing :|

• Oh I long since turned it off.

Citrix client does it to me a few times a day.

• Yeah, I don’t start playing anything online if I haven’t closed the daily Java Update popup. Kind of annoying, but only happens on restarts and sometimes my computer is on for days =]