Poll: 24p or 32p official TO/classic servers and why?

• Both are fine to me, it’s 48 and 64 that gets ridiculous. Which isn’t a bad thing, because the battlefield is chaotic and crazy, but it depends what you’re in the mood for. The more players in the server, the more personal skill is going to be diluted, to an extent, but with higher pop servers you can practice taking on multiple enemies far more easily.

It’s never yawn-inducing when facing 3, 4, 5 enemies, but if you choose to play more conservatively and not charge into them, that’s fine too. It’s not the server population that dictates your playstyle after all, just don’t expect nice uninterrupted duels or 2v1s in 32p and higher =3

• @Daiyuki:

The more players in the server, the more personal skill is going to be diluted, to an extent

24 because of this.

And because I main MAA.

• I wish there was maybe some official 16 man TO games… Smaller = better. Large games seem to turn more into a clusterfuck more than anything…

• 12 v 12 ist always better than 16 v 16.

When thy participates on 32 manned servers there art too many archers and too many knavish lmb spammers.

• I only play 24p or below.
    At these amount of players personal skill and tactics can be used alot better and are more rewarding.
    (Also as an extra bonus it requires less power from my computer ;) )

At 32p and above I just have a feeling who can cluster fuck the most wins.
    Its to crowded for my liking.

• Anything above 24p is big clusterfuck.

• I like wielding 2 handers and the more people the merrier as I swing hard and wide into the backs of my foes.

• As an MAA most of the time I just arrive at the battlescene at 0.00001 health because of the glorious strategies of my teammates who start swinging their gigantic swords wildly as soon as they spot a shadow or a butterfly. Also if the group is smaller you often see some real teamplay, when the server gets bigger it’s just a clusterfuck of Vanguard and Knights killing their teammates in their rage (in most cases, not always of course)

• @KingOfPolarBears:

As an MAA most of the time I just arrive at the battlescene at 0.00001 health because of the glorious strategies of my teammates who start swinging their gigantic swords wildly as soon as they spot a shadow or a butterfly. Also if the group is smaller you often see some real teamplay, when the server gets bigger it’s just a clusterfuck of Vanguard and Knights killing their teammates in their rage (in most cases, not always of course)

Don’t underestimate butterflies.

• I personally prefer 24p over 32p because of a handfull of reasons. First reason being that the maps are too small to be played by 16v16, the only map that is large enough to somewhat handle 32p is Battlegrounds, and still 32 players become a pain in the end objective near the gate. All the other maps are too small, places where things really get hectic are; Dark Forest’s cistern. Hillside’s pyre/balista walls. Stoneshill’s village/castle gate.

The second reason is that 32p always gives me fps drops, and alot of it. You can hardly get any breathing room in between the fights, it’s straight on untill they finaly grind you down. And even if you survive the grind down, the next spawn is already charging out the door.

Third reason. Teamwork is thrown out the door. It gets too chaotic to have an proper teamwork, it mostly comes down to waiting till a group spawns and to rush the other team. Which is obviously countered with the same tactic a few minutes later. I’ve hardly seen any teamwork on 32 servers that didn’t involve ZERG ZERG ZERG. And if there was teamwork, it was by clanmates playing with eachother.

• 24 player simply because most areas of the maps don’t feel big enough for 32 player. The objectives are usually far too easily covered by defenders. Attackers rushing as a group does seem to be the only valid tactic if you can actually organize that on a public server, but even then you are still pretty much rushing into a heavy defense that will see you coming.