[MISC] The Trickster's Tome - A Guide to Being a Moron

• AKA the “guide” where I supposedly teach you about various mindgames and trickery but I actually just give silly names to the incredibly stupid things I do and we all pretend like this stuff is brilliant. With that out of the way, let’s begin.

I. FUN WITH FEINTS WITHOUT FEINTING

You may have just read that title and said “What?” in which case I’d tell you that you should really stop talking to yourself, it’s a little creepy.

There are actually quite a few ways to create a feint-like scenario without actually…y’know…feinting. That is to say, there are ways to make your opponent prematurely parry, before sticking your mighty phallic symbol of choice into their head. This is what being a trickster is all about, anyway. (Sticking things into other things??)

i. THE FALSE CHARGE

(No, you are not being framed for murder.)

As the Vanguard there is a completely hilarious way you can get people to parry.

STEP 1: Sprint around until your character enters the Sprint Attack pose.
    STEP 2: Sprint directly at your victim.
    STEP 3: Jump and push C. (Try to land just within your weapon’s effective range.)
    STEP 4: Giggle as your opponent parries and queue an actual attack to score a free hit.

This doesn’t work too often, but is AMAZING when it does. Note that it’s also quite risky as there are some players that will try to attack an incoming enemy and if you land too close you will get hit.

ii. HOW DOES HE JUMP WITH ALL THAT ARMOR ANYWAY?

Exactly the same as the False Charge except with any other class(Although preferably the Knight), and without pushing the Battlecry key. This is most convincing with Knights as Knights utilize jump attacks much more frequently than any other class, and many players are conditioned to guard when a Knight jumps at them.

iii. MANTIMIDATION

Think fast, hot shot. A Man-At-Arms has just dodged directly into your face. We’re like talking making out distance here. It’s incredibly awkward. Does he have like no sense of personal space or something?! You can smell his breath. It smells of venison. Ughh, now you’re hungry. What do you do?

This is an interesting technique that works better the more experienced your opponent is. Many players are conditioned to parry simply at hearing/seeing the Man-At-Arms dodge forward.

STEP 1: Get within dodge-stab distance of your opponent.
    STEP 2: Stare each other down menacingly. (Try not to look at the tumbleweed drifting by.)
    STEP 3: Dodge forward and giggle as he parries, then hit him for real. Seeing as you’re an MAA you can probably combo a double overhead on your victim.

II. THE POWER OF SQUATS

Ah, the crouch key. So woefully neglected. It’s mysterious powers undiscovered… Sure, you can use it to duck under horizontal swings, but that’s way too PRACTICAL and BORING. (Okay, so it’s actually risky as hell and completely awesome to duck a swing, but STILL.)

i. THE DEADLY MIDGETLITTLE PERSON

Place your finger on your crouch key. Leave it there. Now go look for someone to fight. When you find an opponent, stop moving and just crouch there. Push X, then 3. Their latent sadistic tendencies will soon awaken and they will attempt to harm tiny little you. Parry the attack. Don’t counter, just push X3 again and keep watching him. He’ll soon attempt another attack. Parry this one too. Once again, don’t counter after the parry and X3. He’ll go for yet another swing, parry this one, then FINALLY counter after that parry. You’ll find his guard to be greatly reduced. At this point he will be SEETHING with RAGE. “How could this happen?!” He let a tiny baby man get a hit in. His ANGER will make him even MORE susceptible to attacks. Continue to fight him, never letting go of the crouch key. When he finally falls, push X7 and waddle away.

ii. HYPNO-BOBBING

WARNING: THIS IS A VERY ADVANCED TECHNIQUE. IT IS RECOMMENDED YOU BE RANK 30 WITH AT LEAST 100 HOURS OF GAMEPLAY BEFORE EVEN CONSIDERING ATTEMPTING THIS.

I was heavily considering not putting this in the guide, because of how dangerous it is, but ultimately decided, the people deserve to know. But because of it’s destructive powers I have placed it inside spoilers. Read it at your own peril.

! Okay, here’s what you do.
    !
    ! STEP 1: Wait for an enemy.
    ! STEP 2: Stare directly at the enemy in an eerie way.
    ! STEP 3: Quickly push and release the crouch key in a rhythmic fashion.
    !
    ! That’s it. That’s all it takes.
    !
    ! Performing this has 3 possible effects depending on the person:
    ! 1.) The Rage State - Your target will become angry and charge at you recklessly. You can exploit this and get a few hits in because they’re less likely to guard against your blows.
    ! 2.) Memory Alteration - Your target will start uncontrollably bobbing along with you during which his eyes will glaze over and he will “blank out.” When he comes to, he will forget he saw you and will forget you were ever there and go off to find someone else to fight, leaving you unharmed.
    ! 3.) Charm - This is the rarest effect. It seems bobbing up and down was actually a courting dance frequently performed by medieval noblemen. In an FFA, your opponent will sometimes be charmed into fighting on your behalf! They will protect you from harm and sometimes even give their lives for you. This is also perhaps the most devastating effect, for if you charm an opponent in a team-based mode, they will sometimes even choose love over their own team. And you will both have to face the consequences as they turn traitor, and fight against their former comrades. As you can see, toying with someone’s heart is not something you should take lightly. Do you really have what it takes to know you drove a man to kill those who were his friends? Watch helplessly as he is votekicked? Has your heart already died so that you can only take from others?

III. DISREGARD SHIELDS, ACQUIRE KILLS

For those of you who don’t know, ‘shield’ comes from the slavic word Kald which means weight. A shield is a large wooden or metal or woodmetal object that priests carried around with them to make themselves slow. Devout followers would follow these priests around and kick their shields in order to ensure a bountiful harvest that year. It’s a religious thing, I could explain it but you wouldn’t understand. There are a lot of superstitious folk out there who think shields have some kind of anti-feint magicks, but I assure you, that’s all just nonsense.

Oh yeah and I guess you can block stuff with it? That’s what people are telling me. I’m pretty sure they’re lying. In case they’re not, here are some ways to make it very hard for shields to block your attacks.

i. THE REVERSE MATADOR

This is named after the Matador Stab, a Spy trickstab from Team Fortress 2. In TF2, a Spy could get a backstab on an enemy charging him by strafing one way, then strafing the other while snapping his mouse towards the opponent. I found doing something similar to this will actually work in Chivalry!

In summary, what you are accomplishing with this is manipulating the enemy’s facing with your movement. And of course, the main reason it’s called the Reverse Matador is because you will be the aggressor instead of reacting to one.

STEP 1: At an angle, charge the opponent’s right side.
    STEP 2: When your body is about halfway to the side of his, quickly turn and charge at his left while still sprinting.
    STEP 3: Queue an Overhead and snap your mouse back to the right.
    STEP 4: Listen to your opponent say something along the lines of “WHAT THE HELL? THAT WENT RIGHT THROUGH MY SHIELD!”

Your movement should look like this.

o     < - your opponent
    >     < - your movement
    ```Yeah, much like in TF2, this technique looks really sketchy on the opponent's screen. This is likely because of a ping issue. In any online game, no two players ever perfectly see the exact same thing, so perhaps he really did quickly turn his camera to block you in time, but as far as the game is concerned, you swung into his unguarded side. Your opponent will often cry foul, but you know better. Regardless, I wouldn't recommend overusing this as you might get votekicked for "hacking".

**ii. THE DOUBLE REVERSE MATADOR**

So you've got the Reverse Matador down and think you're a complete badass now? Try this.

STEP 1: Successfully perform a Reverse Matador.
    STEP 2: Before your attack ends, quickly combo a second Overhead while strafing or sprinting **right**.
    STEP 3: Snap your mouse back to the **left**.

If you've been paying attention, you should understand why you just got A SECOND HIT in.

Here is side by side, your opponent's actions and your actions.

1\. He sees you strafe to his side so he turns to face you. You of course charge the opposite direction and queue an overhead.
    2\. He's not stupid, he turns to follow you, but the hit has already connected. Queuing a second overhead, you've headed to the OTHER side.
    3\. He once again is late to follow you and gets hit a second time.

**iii. ANTI-SHIELD FEINTING**

This is a well known tactic and has been used for a while now. But I'm sure there are some people who aren't aware of it so I'm including it anyway!

It's not recommended using this against Tower Shields as you'll likely just end up wasting stamina, but against anything else, feinting will actually work!

Now, you have to discard your regular thinking of how feints work. You aren't trying to cause them to prematurely block because…well...they're using a shield! What purpose would that serve?!

Much like the matadors, you are using feints to manipulate the enemy's mouse movements.

The basic gist of it is that you attack from the left, feint, and quickly attack from the right instead.

Obviously, you could also attack from the right, feint, and quickly attack from the left instead.

Pre-Content Update, the most practical way of doing this was feinting an Overhead, then Stabbing/Slashing from the right or feinting a Stab/Slash and doing an Overhead from the left.

NOW you can incorporate ALTERNATE swings to make this even easier! Slash from the left, feint, slash from the right. Slash from the right, feint, slash from the left.

It's a pretty simple idea, and has an okay rate of success. Don't expect it to work on high skilled shield users though.

**iv. THE FEINTING REVERSE MATADOR**

There are some opponents who turn more conservatively, or won't turn their camera far enough for matadors to be effective. These opponents may also be wary of regular anti-shield feints.

They are much more likely to be fooled if you give them convincing movements along with the anti-shield feinting.

The Feinting Reverse Matador is identically to a regular Reverse Matador, but as you are doing the initial fake-out charge, you feint a Stab/Slash. Then you proceed as regularly, and land that Overhead.

**IV. WHAT ARE YOU LOOKIN' AT?!**

The previous section focused on manipulating your opponent's perception through your behavior. In contrast, this section will be altering your perception(or rather pretending to!) in order to manipulate the enemy's behavior.

**i. THE LAZY-EYED ARCHER**

This is a high-risk trick that is only recommended if you are confident with your aim.

First off, you need to notice that there is a guy running at you. STOP! Don't look at him. In fact, make absolute _certain_ that you do not reveal to him that you know he's coming.

The best way to do this is to _listen_. The heavier the enemy class is, the more noise they make.

HIDDEN NOISE LEVEL STATS FOR EACH CLASS:

Archers: Dirty Rat Level
    Man-At-Arms: Graceful Farting Cat Level
    Vanguard: Old Friendly Half-Blind Dog With a Clinky Collar Who is Your Best Friend but is Nearing the End of its Life Level
    Knight: Giant Walking Cupboard Filled with Utensils Level

Anyway, whether it's because you heard them or saw them from the corner of your screen, do not point your mouse directly at them. Quickly ready your weapon, and keep them at the edge of your sight.

Soon, you'll notice that instead of doing the usual zig-zag, they're _running at you in a straight line_. This is because they don't think you can see them, which obviously leads to them wanting to clear the distance as soon as possible. This makes them MUCH easier to hit.

At this point, flick your mouse at them, and as quickly as possible, line up your shot and fire. You don't have a lot of time to do this before they notice and begin zig-zagging, but if you can fire quick enough, you're essentially getting a free hit before he reaches you. You can then finish him with your melee.

**ii. UNTUNNEL VISION**

This is an amusing way to deal with a situation where you're outnumbered. Imagine a 2v1 situation. You're squared off with the enemy, when suddenly, a new threat arrives. You're still at a standoff with the first person you're fighting. He's glaring at you, you're glaring at him.

The other guy…what's he doing?

If he's not an idiot who wants to flail around killing his teammate, he's likely trying to flank you. He's "cleverly" sneaking to your rear to get a free hit in.

So here's what you do. Keep your camera focused on the initial guy you're fighting NO MATTER WHAT. Do not move your camera back and forth between them. If you do, you are signifying to them that you consider them both an immediate threat and they will attack accordingly. So keep your sights on the guy you were fighting initially.

Wait until just after the second guy leaves your vision or begins moving at you, but BEFORE he queues an attack.

At this moment, SUDDENLY SWING AT THE SECOND GUY. He will likely not be able to react in time and you get a free hit on him. This especially works well with MAA, because you can quickly dodge-attack instead, creating more distance between your first attacker, and hit the second guy AT THE SAME TIME. Quickly finish him off while he's disoriented and then go back to fighting the first guy.

If I had to guess why this works, I think it has to do with being sneaky. When you're trying to sneak around, you're so concerned with your own movements and your target not noticing you, that you...stop noticing everything your target is doing. I'm reminded of games like Metal Gear Solid, it's one of the reasons your heart races and you get so startled when someone suddenly spots you while you're being "sneaky".

**V. MISCELLANEOUS (AKA THE SECTION WITH STUFF I'M TOO LAZY TO MAKE A REAL CATEGORY FOR.)**

**i. WEAPON-SWAP TROLLING**

I could probably make this its own section, and maybe will in the future, but the basic gist of it is that you place a suggestion in your opponent's head to swap weapons by…swapping your weapon. This works best as MAA. It's also easiest to perform against a Knight.

STEP 1: Swap to your secondary or special while an opponent is incoming. (Works best if your secondary is really fast.)
    STEP 2: At this point you can swap back to your primary if you'd like, but make sure to watch for them to swap weapons.
    STEP 3: IMMEDIATELY run in and swing.

There is a sort of window of vulnerability when swapping weapons, where you are completely susceptible to attack. This is when you want to get that hit in. As such, this works best as MAA. Most Knights will already swap to a faster weapon when they see an MAA, and they'll do it from a safe distance, but for those that don't, YOU can manipulate them into doing so by reminding them through your own actions. And that is swapping your weapon while you're in dodge range. They'll think "Oh right! I should do that too!" and get smacked in the face for it.

**IMPORTANT:** Do not do this with fisticuffs. We are tricksters but we still follow (an incredibly convoluted and nonsensical) code of honor. It's wrong to strike down a person because he's being respectful and going fists against you.

**ii. LEAD 'EM ON A MERRY CHASE!**

This works best on a TO or a KOTH as Man-at-Arms.

STEP 1: Run at enemy. DON'T EVER STOP RUNNING.
    STEP 2: Repeatedly spam X X 3\. Do it until multiple enemies begin chasing you. Once they begin chasing you, start spamming X 3 instead.
    STEP 3: Run towards their spawn in an unpredictable manner. Basically, you don't want to waste too much distance by running in a zig-zag, but you also want to make it hard for them to keep their cursor on you. (This is to avoid the chase mechanic from kicking in.) **DON'T FORGET TO KEEP SPAMMING X 3!**
    STEP 4: Upon reaching their spawn, you must fight them(while spamming X 3), but do so as DEFENSIVELY as possible. You want it to take FOREVER for them to kill you.

Congratulations, you've just made it MUCH easier for your teammates to do the Objective, or secure the Hill. While the enemies were chasing you, your team was (hopefully) working on the Objective. They will be down 1 team member (you), but the enemy team will be down THE NUMBER OF PLAYERS CHASING YOU. As such, you are creating a disadvantaged scenario for the enemies who AREN'T chasing you and are doing the objective!

**iii. LAST REMARKS**

A disclaimer of sorts. None of the things on this guide will work 100% of the time. We are mostly relying on exploiting the behavior of others. No two person will share the exact same behavior. Some players might not be skilled enough and react how you expect. Some players may be overskilled and know exactly what you're up to. Some can only be fooled once. Some can be lead to their graves. With experience, you CAN make a prediction at the player's behavior type, and with that you'll know which tricks will work on them, but it's still all guess-work.

But despite all this, the failures don't matter in comparison to the sweet sight of a successful ploy. So good luck out there, and go make people confused and angry!

And with that, my guide is concluded. I still, however, consider this a work-in-progress and will update it from time to time when I think of more silly trickery. Feel free to contribute with any silliness you use in your regular gameplay. We should always seek to expand our repertoire.

• This is by far the most amusing guide I´ve read here :D. Some tactics you mentioned should be really effective I need to try them out.

I would have never thought of such things as not looking at the opponent as an archer and then shoot him in the face, that should be devastating! And I´d like to hear from you how many people have you charmed so they became friendly and then backstabbed them :D.

• From looking at the title, I was wondering whether I was going to have to lock and move this, due to it being a guide to standard trolling / exploiting / harassing in-game.

Then I read it and laughed my balls off. I love how a lot of these ARE actually practical, and especially where they’re probably BETTER against more experienced opponents, makes the irony (and the enemies confusion / rage) even more sweet.

There was a character (“Bagby”) from a Supreme Commander Fanfic novel, who totally put off any of his opponents by fighting in the most insane and unconventional ways. Taking on uber-highly trained Mech pilots, and even Aliens due to them simply not knowing wtf to do with him. XD

(I’d VERY much recommend this story if you know anything about Supcom / Total Annihilation, and like Mechs fighting eachother while commanding other smaller bots and structures, PM me if you want the link. The writer is currently working on a new story and is incredibly talented).

i. THE FALSE CHARGE

(No, you are not being framed for murder.)

As the Vanguard there is a completely hilarious way you can get people to parry.

STEP 1: Sprint around until your character enters the Sprint Attack pose.
    STEP 2: Sprint directly at your victim.
    STEP 3: Jump and push C. (Try to land just within your weapon’s effective range.)
    STEP 4: Giggle as your opponent parries and queue an actual attack to score a free hit.

This doesn’t work too often, but is AMAZING when it does. Note that it’s also quite risky as there are some players that will try to attack an incoming enemy and if you land too close you will get hit.

Perfect, rofl. Most people’s eyes widen like O_O when they see a Vanguard charging and jumping straight at them, and immediately hit the parry button. I’ve got to try this. I love how you added the insane giggling too.

I’ll read the rest later, only thing I can recommend you do so far is to put the NAME of the button you’re pressing, not the actual button (“C” or “X”), since a lot of people have different keybinds. My X is sprint, so I’m not sure what pressing “X” and “3” will do.

Best guide.

• Loved this guide. A lot of the stuff are things I have done before, but the Reverse Matador is sweet o.o. I’ve unknowingly done the feint version and a simple “sprint to one side and attack around guard”, but not the nice fakeout =]

Also@BobT36:

I’ll read the rest later, only thing I can recommend you do so far is to put the NAME of the button you’re pressing, not the actual button (“C” or “X”), since a lot of people have different keybinds. My X is sprint, so I’m not sure what pressing “X” and “3” will do.

Best guide.

X -> 3 is the default command for “HELP! HELP ME!”. I don’t remember what X X 3 is, but tapping the button twice reverses the menu, so it’s whatever X -> 7 usually is if I am doing math correctly. Could be taunt.

As a last note, I think you should add doing a headbanging chickenwalk to your list of silliness (Walk while holding crouch and just flick your camera up and down as far as you can, as fast as you want), that’s what I thought of when I was reading about the hypnotic bounce up and down method. Or you can combine it with the Deadly Midget =p

• @DemonicChocobo:

The best way to do this is to listen. The heavier the enemy class is, the more noise they make.

HIDDEN NOISE LEVEL STATS FOR EACH CLASS:

Archers: Dirty Rat Level
    Man-At-Arms: Graceful Farting Cat Level
    Vanguard: Old Friendly Half-Blind Dog With a Clinky Collar Who is Your Best Friend but is Nearing the End of its Life Level
    Knight: Giant Walking Cupboard Filled with Utensils Level.

*Litterally lolled.

Thanks for this guide, a very amusing collection of tactics and Mind Games.

Also this was amusing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIReuHM3j_U#t=16m46s
    Mind-games with playing with the enemy, making noise but keeping out of sight, hehe. Of course that worked better since they were on vent too.

Hope you keep adding to this, good humour and amusing tactics. Would suggest if you make it any bigger though, splitting it into seperate topics per class (if you have enough content for each), and linking to them here, turning this one into an [INDEX] topic. :)

• Thanks everyone for reading. Yeah, I’ll be sure to add more stuff when I think of and try them out.

@funthomass:

And I´d like to hear from you how many people have you charmed so they became friendly and then backstabbed them :D.

I’ve been tempted, but to be honest, I’d feel to guilty to attack someone who is fighting for me so I tend to form a truce with them.

@BobT36:

I’ll read the rest later, only thing I can recommend you do so far is to put the NAME of the button you’re pressing, not the actual button (“C” or “X”), since a lot of people have different keybinds.

Ah yeah, this didn’t occur to me. I actually mainly used the buttons for comedic effect, so when you actually go to try it, you’d push X 3 and your character would scream “HELP!” and you’d get a little laugh. I’ll be sure to go over and try to make the actual command more obvious.

@BobT36:

Would suggest if you make it any bigger though, splitting it into seperate topics per class (if you have enough content for each), and linking to them here, turning this one into an [INDEX] topic. :)

Yeah, seeing a text wall as big as this can be intimidating. I’ll have to consider it. Maybe when I have a bit more content to add.

• A very good read, and informative at the same time. Well written, Sir. I specially like how I was able to identify some of the things I already practice and thus I now have appropriate names for them. Sadly, as I mainly play knight, the variants of the Matador are not that practical for me even though they sound very interesting. But I was already starting to play the Mannatarms more often, so we’ll see about that.

Concerning anti shield feinting, I recommend adding kicks in your description, as it is rather practical to feint into kick against a shield user.

The Lazy Eyed Archer and Untunnel Vision are basically the same move, only for ranged and melee. I already did this often and in any outnumbered fight switching targets frequently is highly recommended and usually effective.

The Merry Chase is one of the most annoying things that can happen to a player, especially as a knight. You approach, for example, an archer and even with applied chase speed you are almost unable to catch such a shifty bastard if he keeps running away, especially on maps like Ruins. As long as you are the only one chasing him you can do so as long as your thirst for blood drives you, it will remove one player from each team… but as soon as someone else joins in, just let go. It can be embarrassing watching a bunch of people chasing one guy with foam around their mouths for an easy kill; leave it to your mates and move on! Sometimes, just trust your buddy he can handle it alone. You are needed elsewhere.

And now, I want to add a move which you may name as you like, but I would call it the “Self Delivered Steak”.
    Imagine you are facing off against a Man At Arms. The bastard just stands there, glaring you down and you know he is just waiting for you attack so he can evade you like a doped bull fighter and tickle your sides with pointy iron. If he lets you be offensive, he will not dodge into your attack, but sideways around it. You can abuse his already made up mind by approaching that sneaky bastard and starting your attack as usual, but then feint out of it, instantly turn to your side (hopefully the right side!) and stab. If you have done everything correctly, your enemy dodged out of your fake attack… and into your real one, presenting you with about 150 pounds of Sneaky Steak that ran into your readied weapon with full speed. Remember to remove traces of steel before eating.
    To guess the dodge direction can be tough, combine good reflexes with high field of view and battlefield awareness (if one side is blocked he will dodge the other way). Highly satisfying if it works.

And last but not least, thanks a lot for not promoting the honor-less bait-into-fist tricks. Though the last guys who did this to me probably shouldn’t have, as they got punched to death mercilessly. Luring your enemy to do something is only useful when you can actually benefit from what you made him do. :D

Pro for more rhythmic bopping and general goofiness. You may not be able to catch me off guard but at least you make me chuckle.

PS: If someone crouch ducks around, gather some friends around and make frequent use of the F key. You are now about to start an intriguing round of football.

• Thank you. This was beautiful and made my day a lot more exciting xD

• Yup the ‘matador’ gets my goat. When i have a ping of 70-100ms and am in a 32v32 player game i get hit through the shield much more frequently. Its very frustrating. Never the less it is a good move.

• I have another entry for “Feinting without feinting”. Sadly, I just realized this trick when I was at the receiving end. :?

You may call it the No-Combo-Slash:

Basic situation: You are facing a shieldbearer, preferably while wielding a fast weapon. Somehow, through superior positioning, footwork, a mistake on your enemy’s side or a shady trick you were able land a slash around his shield and you want to get in a second hit if possible.
    Now consider this: 99% of attackers will combo off of their first hit with a slash, leading to an attack from the opposite direction of the first attack. Experienced shield users will anticipate this, and, knowing they can not interrupt a combo’s second hit, will try to turn block the strike that is coming from the other side. You can simply abuse this by not performing a combo, but instead perform a regular slash from the same direction as your first attack. This leads to a very strange situation where you may fight hard with your enemy to get a hit in, but once you manage that he suddenly turns away from where you first hit him leaving him even more open for a second attack - all because the game trained him to expect the second swing from the opposite direction. Mind you, you can do this with two regular slashes, two alternative slashes or for added confusion even feint out of a combo to swing from the same side again. This is also one of those shady tricks that works better the more experience your enemy has because you are abusing his learning effect against him by reversing what he expects. And last, if done well, this can also work to get around parries to some extend - not as well since parries tend to be less directional. But then you have the added benefit of screwing your enemy’s timing because another single attack will hit a bit later than a combo attack, so your opponent may parry early and turn away in anticipation of a combo that never came.

• Shin stab: Feint an overhead attack, jump for added effect. As your enemy looks up to block immediately crouch and stab them in the shin, feel free to follow up with additional hits.

Shin stab fake-out: Crouch and feint a stab at their shin, immediately jump as they block and deliver an overhead to their noggin to punish their fondness for protecting their precious shins. Feel free to follow up with a shin stab for a giggle or two.

I use these all the time and wasn’t sure if many people knew about these tactics.

• “charge the opponent’s right side”

Going by your picture, I think you meant his left hand side, the side holding the shield?
    Running past him ON the right, past HIS left side?

I would have actually thought running past the guy on the side that doesn’t have the shield would make more sense?

• @DemonicChocobo:

iii. MANTIMINDATION

Think fast, hot shot. A Man-At-Arms has just dodged directly into your face. We’re like talking making out distance here. It’s incredibly awkward.

Laughed out loud.

Funny stuff lol.

• A couple of my favorites (work 99% of the time in duels). Your post was so long may have been covered.

a) Pretend to be a shield noob

Approach enemy slowly. Hold up shield. Keep shield held up. Enemy laughs as he approachesthe turtle and just before he kicks sprint and stab him.

b) Pretend to be in fear.

Approach enemy, hit x then 3 for HELP and start running away. Listen until you can hear him chasing you close by and then quickly reverse and strike him without penalty.

• Thank you so much for this writeup, it puts funny labels on the things I strive to do all day long. It absolutely made my day.

If I might add my own little strategy with a teammate: Sticks and Stones

Requires a Quarterstaff MaA and a Sling archer.
    1. MaA charges headlong at an enemy shield-weilding knight.
    2. MaA jumps and feints a thrust midair.
    3. MaA lands and DUCKS, then slides to his right, the Knight’s left.
    4. MaA disappears as mysteriously as he arrived.
    5. Knight scrambles to find MaA, who has begun poking at his ankles with a stick.
    6. Knight either looks down to attack MaA, or is forced to look down to address the poking.
    7. Archer delivers rocks to now-exposed face.
    8. Stick continues poking ankles, focusing on not dying to counterattacks.
    9. Repeat steps 5-8
    10. MaA and Archer enjoy a bountiful harvest from hitting the Kald so many times.

• Incredible read. This is more incredible and funny than solo-killing a group of 5 weapon-wielding enemies with fisticuffs alone (I should know, I’ve done it and I almost had a heart attack).

I must try to pull off all of these and master the more practical ones to use in everyday combat.

• lovely guide :) both funny and useful

• To add to the squat pages.

I have found for reasons unknown people think that when you squat you are obviously easily killed. I stumbled on this gem when squatting to regen stamin, because it’s cooler to squat. Anyway, people just cant help themselves and start running in your direction. Just watch as they approach, or back away while squatting. Then when they are ‘just’ in range push forward, stand up and run and attack. Works best as MAA as you can cover a surprising amount of distance in a short time.

Works even better when you have little health and people get blood lust at seeing your bloody body. Works even bettererer when they are also low on health and you stand up, rush them, one shot them and sit down. Then another comes your way. I’ve chained 7 of these in a row on a FFA server when I had about 1 HP.

Now even in duel mode I sometimes do it. SQUAT!

• @Nobby:

Thank you so much for this writeup, it puts funny labels on the things I strive to do all day long. It absolutely made my day.

If I might add my own little strategy with a teammate: Sticks and Stones

Requires a Quarterstaff MaA and a Sling archer.
    1. MaA charges headlong at an enemy shield-weilding knight.
    2. MaA jumps and feints a thrust midair.
    3. MaA lands and DUCKS, then slides to his right, the Knight’s left.
    4. MaA disappears as mysteriously as he arrived.
    5. Knight scrambles to find MaA, who has begun poking at his ankles with a stick.
    6. Knight either looks down to attack MaA, or is forced to look down to address the poking.
    7. Archer delivers rocks to now-exposed face.
    8. Stick continues poking ankles, focusing on not dying to counterattacks.
    9. Repeat steps 5-8
    10. MaA and Archer enjoy a bountiful harvest from hitting the Kald so many times.

AHAHAHAHAHA! Yes, just yes :D