Is a Feintless Server Possible?

• I’m very curious if there is a way to disable feints on a server, either by the disabling/restricting the bind cmds or just removing the mechanic all together. I run a few servers but modding anything outside of the PCServer file is beyond me…I will compensate well if anyone is able to find a suitable solution;)

-Park Ranger Jeff

• Seriously name the price, this feint is game breaking.

• Global Moderator

Feint is game breaking? How?

• @lemonater47:

Feint is game breaking? How?

You’re in this post why?
    EDIT:POS

• …UDKGame/Config/UDKNewWeapon.ini

[AOC.AOCWeapon_…]
    iFeintStaminaCost=15
    FeintTime=0.3

TertiaryFeintTime=0.4
    WeaponFontSymbol="g"
    WeaponReach=100

work, oh please sir, work! … ;(

• @novus:

…UDKGame/Config/UDKNewWeapon.ini

[AOC.AOCWeapon_…]
    iFeintStaminaCost=15
    FeintTime=0.3

TertiaryFeintTime=0.4
    WeaponFontSymbol="g"
    WeaponReach=100

work, oh please sir, work! … ;(

Make the Feint cost more than the total stamina that players have. Sounds like that would do it.

• @ReMixx:

Make the Feint cost more than the total stamina that players have. Sounds like that would do it.

That ini has tons of good info but changing it does not effect the server.
    Why so client side? ;(

• @novus:

@ReMixx:

That ini has tons of good info but changing it does not effect the server.
    Why so client side? ;(

Martin would have more info about that kind of thing…

• I’m hesitant about servers without feinting. I feel it would fragment the Chivalry community too much based on the feinting poll thread. I’m hopeful that TB will address the issue wisely but if they don’t feintless servers may be the only refuge from a broken mechanic.

• @Dr.Nick:

I’m hesitant about servers without feinting.

Yea, you have a point. A balance would be much better, although a place to play without feints would be nice, at least until it’s fixed. We have enough playerbase to divide servers anyway…at least on the west coast.

• Or you could learn to play.

• I don’t get what’s the problem with feints, why not a serv without mousescroll ?!
    The feint is one of the few ways to put an end to a long parrying fight. Also feint is as dangerous for the one who did it as for his ennemie, so if find it balanced…

So that makes me curious, why do you want play the game without one of the few abilities ?

• @burgzaza:

I don’t get what’s the problem with feints, why not a serv without mousescroll ?!
    The feint is one of the few ways to put an end to a long parrying fight. Also feint is as dangerous for the one who did it as for his ennemie, so if find it balanced…

So that makes me curious, why do you want play the game without one of the few abilities ?

They just cant defend against feint basically.

• This isn’t a feint debate topic. You guys bashing the guy for asking a question need to take it elsewhere…

• @Slaughtervomit:

This isn’t a feint debate topic. You guys bashing the guy for asking a question need to take it elsewhere…

9 days later you reply with that why?

• @elitenoob:

@Slaughtervomit:

This isn’t a feint debate topic. You guys bashing the guy for asking a question need to take it elsewhere…

9 days later you reply with that why?

Because I can. :roll:

• @burgzaza:

I don’t get what’s the problem with feints, why not a serv without mousescroll ?!

It’s not all that dangerous for the person that feints. They can just right-click again for a parry. However, I agree it can be useful to end a long (and eventually, tedious) fight.