I say remove ammo for archers and javelins…

• Keep it in for smoke bombs and pots and whatnot. And if it were up to me I’d get rid of throwing knives and axes or significantly change them.

But to the main point, I don’t see a need for Archaers and Javelineers to deal with ammo and running to boxes and whatnot. Just another layer to balance that I don’t think ends up leading to better balance. Just more confusion. Let those classes just do what they do at all times forever. And then balance around that.

I’m still not sure what to think about Archers having to eventually put their bow down if they don’t shoot after a certain amount of time. On one hand it seems kind of flow breaking but I can see it’s purpose when it comes to approaching an archer.

• Well, actually it is a matter of realism too (the fact that you put your bow down after a while), keeping a bow bent requires a very high amount of strength and stamina…

• @Dark:

Keep it in for smoke bombs and pots and whatnot. And if it were up to me I’d get rid of throwing knives and axes or significantly change them.

But to the main point, I don’t see a need for Archaers and Javelineers to deal with ammo and running to boxes and whatnot. Just another layer to balance that I don’t think ends up leading to better balance. Just more confusion. Let those classes just do what they do at all times forever. And then balance around that.

I’m still not sure what to think about Archers having to eventually put their bow down if they don’t shoot after a certain amount of time. On one hand it seems kind of flow breaking but I can see it’s purpose when it comes to approaching an archer.

Ammo does provide balance. It keeps archers in trainning, from being as effective by allowing them to just loose arrows until they eventally hit something, and it keeps the very killed Archers from dominating by forcing them to eventually enter melee when they run out of arrows, on maps where ammo boxes are none existant or inaccessible.

• When they FIX the fact that I cannot pick up a Javelin or pull it from an enemies corpse I would consider this change but frankly your post screams QQ.

• wtf man are you serious ?? im like the crossbow and a know to have aim well , if i miss is all my fault, y dont think this kind of thinks contribute to upgrade the game……

• @Judge2112:

When they FIX the fact that I cannot pick up a Javelin or pull it from an enemies corpse I would consider this change but frankly your post screams QQ.

“QQ LOL QQ!!!”

Like, seriously? People need to learn that that’s not a counter argument. Complaining about something or finding a problem with something doesn’t invalidate your comments. Games would be STUPID if that were the case because if the game started crashing every time someone respawned no one could have a “valid” complaint regarding it because “QQ LOL QQ!”

Learn how to posit an actual rebuttal or don’t waste people’s time.

For the record I don’t play archers. I hate them. I think they’re balanced VERY poorly and likely due to the current generation issue where developers have a hard time, due to the ease and volume of feedback, telling or showing players the merits of good balancing decisions. This leads to people concluding things are “supposed” to be a certain way and thinking it’s valid.

I don’t think the game is “supposed” to be this way. I just think it would be better. I think my main issue with how Archers work stems from the fact that they have to be balanced from so many angles. They have to have some melee ability because they could run out of ammo. But if there is ammo available in a box nearby then something goes wrong because those melee skills don’t go away. So how much melee ability do you give them? Why give it to them? What is the goal? You have to account for so many scenarios that it seems like way too much to try to pick a direction and make it go.

By giving them unlimited ammo and just letting them shoot you can have a far easier time dictating exactly what it is they’re suppose to do without having to worry about what happens when they run out of means to do it. If you think about it it’s rather silly. You want them to run out of arrows. But then you put ammo boxes in just in case they run out of arrows. And some maps don’t (or didn’t. Not sure after patch) have them at all. Eh, too much too account for. Give them infinite arrows. Give javelins infinite javelins. This way it’s easier to define what the class can and can’t do and go from there.

And people need to STOP with the “realism” gimmick. It seems to be the biggest crutch of all bad logic and reasoning on this forum. The game is NOT realistic. Not even close. You wouldn’t be playing it if it were because the entire army on both sides would be depleted by now.

But that hasn’t happened. Because you respawn. Because it’s not realistic.

• … further proof archers won’t ever stop begging for buffs until they are OPK flying supermen with 20 meter wide projectiles that 1 shot knights to the foot, and then the shortbow would be balanced

• 1/10

• I think archers are fine.

Once you stop sniping and stay with your team you will be a better archer.

And how is getting more ammo confusing?

• @Dark:

Give them infinite arrows. Give javelins infinite javelins.

Are you kidding me, infinite heavy javelins. Those things hurt like hell. Maybe if the javelineer had a donkey behind him carrying 100 javelins. No thats not practical - maybe ammo boxes would be better.

• @gregcau:

@Dark:

Give them infinite arrows. Give javelins infinite javelins.

Are you kidding me, infinite heavy javelins. Those things hurt like hell. Maybe if the javelineer had a donkey behind him carrying 100 javelins. No thats not practical - maybe ammo boxes would be better.

The donkey could do a kick attack so he is never flanked. Btw infinite javs, what would be the perk for pebble slingers then? Hmmm? People might pity you and spare your life?

• It would make the game far more simplified and essentially be cod-ified.

• Would make the classes terribly simple and specialized, which I do not like. Why have an extreme all the time? Some nuance makes it much more interesting, much more than the balancing issues subtract from the game.
    • Also it wouldn’t account for some very interesting play styles (melee archer) which would be impossible.
    • The ammo boxes are mostly in inconvenient places and archers have to make an assessment; do i go back and risk the enemy advancing or waiting for a quiet moment and take my knife out in the meantime?

For me it gives the game some more interesting tactics than infinite arrows and all you do is left-click without thinking.

• They don’t need infinite ammo, they just need some freaking boxes on the map that you can find with some HUD indicators. Right now a bunch of the maps do feature ammo boxes, but because there’s no way to locate them, many people think they are non-existent.

Ammo is a good thing because it forces you to consider your shots. NOT being able to find ammo sucks because then you are forced to suicide by running in with a melee weapon and hoping you can get one last kill before you respawn.

Javelins are a little different IMO. I think they should be retrievable. I say this because javelineers generally don’t have the privilege of camping out near an ammo box, they are generally up on the front lines. The retrieving animation should take a few seconds… you know, so that they could only get their ammo back when enemies aren’t around, and archers would have an opening to pick them off. Risk vs. reward to retrieve javelins.

• This is just a QQ thread. Its a typical thing for new players to complain about something instead of looking for some way to counter it. Aren’t there shields in the game that can block every projectile shot at you? Aren’t there smoke pots that block vision? I guess thats just beyond your thinking.

• @Ruku:

This is just a QQ thread. Its a typical thing for new players to complain about something instead of looking for some way to counter it. Aren’t there shields in the game that can block every projectile shot at you? Aren’t there smoke pots that block vision? I guess thats just beyond your thinking.

I don’t play the archer class at all.

Now what is your response?

Oh wait… You’re not even concluding this is a pro-archer post. You saw the title and assumed I wanted a nerf to archers when I’m asking that they be given INFINITE AMMO.

Good reading. This should teach how how goofy you can look by drawing conclusions off of made up facts.

• Ammo is a very crucial aspect of competitive clan play. Those 20 Warbow shots are precious.