Need help with server CFG's

• So I used to play on a server which gave you 100 arrows and 50 crossbow bolts, and 6 throwing axes and 12 throwing knives. It also had low gravity. The server admin said they were mods, I searched for server mods but only got “CHIVARLY REVIEW DIS IS AWESUM GEM” (Thanks google….). So does anyone know how I can tweak or mod this stuff? I have a dedicated server.

• There aren’t “mods” to download, but files to configure. For projectile ammo, edit:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalry_ded_server\UDKGame\Config \UDKNewWeapon.ini

Hit ‘Find’, and search for Warbow, Throwing, etc. You’ll see the configs as follows:

[AOC.AOCWeapon_Warbow]
    ConfigProjectileBaseDamage[0]=(Damage=105,InitialSpeed=5500.0,MaxSpeed=6000.0,AmmoCount=20,InitialGravityScale=0.35,Drag=0.0000025,PitchCorrection=50)
    ConfigProjectileBaseDamage[1]=(Damage=105,InitialSpeed=5500.0,MaxSpeed=6000.0,AmmoCount=20,InitialGravityScale=0.35,Drag=0.0000025,PitchCorrection=50)

You’ll notice that [0] and [1] correlate to:

; Range Weapon ConfigProjectileBaseDamage Info
    ; 0 - Bodkin
    ; 1 - Broadhead
    ; 5 - Default

As for Gravity, open up:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalry_ded_server\UDKGame\Config \PCServer-UDKGame.ini

Find and edit:

[Engine.WorldInfo]
    DefaultGravityZ=-520.0

As you get closer to zero, the gravity lightens. Hope this helps your server aspirations!

• @JHoersten2:

There aren’t “mods” to download, but files to configure. For projectile ammo, edit:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalry_ded_server\UDKGame\Config \UDKNewWeapon.ini

Hit ‘Find’, and search for Warbow, Throwing, etc. You’ll see the configs as follows:

[AOC.AOCWeapon_Warbow]
    ConfigProjectileBaseDamage[0]=(Damage=105,InitialSpeed=5500.0,MaxSpeed=6000.0,AmmoCount=20,InitialGravityScale=0.35,Drag=0.0000025,PitchCorrection=50)
    ConfigProjectileBaseDamage[1]=(Damage=105,InitialSpeed=5500.0,MaxSpeed=6000.0,AmmoCount=20,InitialGravityScale=0.35,Drag=0.0000025,PitchCorrection=50)

You’ll notice that [0] and [1] correlate to:

; Range Weapon ConfigProjectileBaseDamage Info
    ; 0 - Bodkin
    ; 1 - Broadhead
    ; 5 - Default

As for Gravity, open up:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalry_ded_server\UDKGame\Config \PCServer-UDKGame.ini

Find and edit:

[Engine.WorldInfo]
    DefaultGravityZ=-520.0

As you get closer to zero, the gravity lightens. Hope this helps your server aspirations!

Thank you very much, I wouldn’t ever find that on my own. Have an internet cookie cookie

Instead of making a new thread, is it possible to bind keys to commands?

Every time a new map starts I have to type in Adminlogin

and admin addbots 9 Key binding would make it much quicker. :baxe:

• [command]

ex: Setbind O “adminlogin password”

Enter in the in-game console.

• @JHoersten2:

[command]

ex: Setbind O “adminlogin password”

Enter in the in-game console.

“setbind bad or missing property bind name”

I typed what you said, but instead of password I put the real password.

• Try an alpha-numeric character. It’s picky on what keys it lets you bind.

• …yes i do, thank you! Now let’s work on feints xD

• Yeah I tried [ which didn’t work. But qwerty etc etc worked.

• yeah u were playing on my server, the " MODDED MATRIX MAYHEM " server,and theres only 6 knives and 4 axes,low gravity, faster classes, way more ammo and if its thrown or shot it flies way way faster too, just to name a few of the changes
    and like they said there is no down load for what ive done to it, i am calling this style the WARSAW mod though lol.
    It took alot of manhours and searching and sum much needed help from Martin for the arrows speeds/ ammo count and bow draw reload times, though there is a glitch with the game that needs to be fixed,ie; the server to client push cause only the animation shows faster and it doesnt actually shoot faster yet, but there is alot of cool changes ive made to create a totaly diff style of game play which is a bit more fast paced and has sum very epic action, plus with the slo motion rounds we do its a great change of pace and the decaps are very intense and u can almost do endless combos
    nuthing beats jumping into battle and doing an over head slam and crushing ur enemies heads in

• In the topic of tweaks and everything, I can’t find the Javalin code in the newweapon.ini

Last thing I need to edit. I searched for thrown but I had to click about 12 times to get throw all the

-throwanimationblahblah
    -throwtauntblahblah

• [AOC.AOCWeapon_JavelinThrow]
    [AOC.AOCWeapon_ShortSpearThrow]
    [AOC.AOCWeapon_HeavyJavelinThrow]

• @MeGusta:

In the topic of tweaks and everything, I can’t find the Javalin code in the newweapon.ini

Search for:

[AOC.AOCWeapon_JavelinThrow]

• so what exactly r u trying to edit on ur server?
    and be prepared to spend all ur game time typing to ppl about whats up with ur server and a million other things since there is no auto messages in the servers yet.
    i would suggest that u add modded in the name also even though that still doesnt help, its amazing how many ppl join a server without reading the name and complain about y its not a stock game, then proceed to tell u that ur server sucks even though they are in the wrong for not reading the name.

• @WARSAW:

so what exactly r u trying to edit on ur server?
    and be prepared to spend all ur game time typing to ppl about whats up with ur server and a million other things since there is no auto messages in the servers yet.
    i would suggest that u add modded in the name also even though that still doesnt help, its amazing how many ppl join a server without reading the name and complain about y its not a stock game, then proceed to tell u that ur server sucks even though they are in the wrong for not reading the name.

I fail to see how this relates to the questions the OP has posted. He’s looking for information on editing the .ini files, not life advice on running a server. Let’s keep the thread on topic and not fill it with nonsense, thanks.

• says the dude with 400+ posts lol, and if u read the 1st line of my reply u would see i asked him what he was trying to edit, and since i am running the most tricked out server in CMW right now im probably a good person to help him aside from ppl that actually made the game.
    also i was letting him know what to expect when and if he does run a modded server since there is no way to do motd or auto messages to let others know with out spending every minute of ur game time typing to ppl who cant read a server name
    ty for ur opinion though!

• @novus:

[AOC.AOCWeapon_JavelinThrow]
    [AOC.AOCWeapon_ShortSpearThrow]
    [AOC.AOCWeapon_HeavyJavelinThrow]

Thanks. Have some face I guess :o

• @WARSAW:

since i am running the most tricked out server in CMW right now

Right now? Yea, I was doing that over a month ago and grew bored with it. I’m glad you finally caught up - it’s old news.

Please get on my level.

• lol well think what u want troll, but i clearly remember U asking me for help and how to edit the gravity a while bk and ive had my server up for months so theres nothing to catch up to, as my server had set the bar very high from the get go way b4 u bro
    sum1 pls ban this TROLL JHoersten2

• @WARSAW:

lol well think what u want troll, but i clearly remember U asking me for help and how to edit the gravity a while bk and ive had my server up for months so theres nothing to catch up to, as my server had set the bar very high from the get go way b4 u bro
    sum1 pls ban this TROLL JHoersten2

Frankly, I’d consider every post you make spam for the constant “Ban this troll!11” nonsense. You’re breaking more forum rules than I am, old chap. At least have the courtesy of utilizing proper spelling and grammar when you post. I pity the wasted effort your English teachers must have put forth on you.

• who cares about grammar this isnt a spelling or grammar test lol, since i spend alot of time typing in my server due to the lack of stuff thats needed, i do whats easy and fast, and the only old news on here is u repeating urself about how much better and smarter u r then every1 else let alone all ur putdowns hate and negativity