Desynced Swings, Ghost swings, fake feints and other bugs

• Theres quite a few bugs that make the game straight up lie to you within combat that need to be fixed within the next patch since they cause confusion in very high level gameplay and the whole gameplay overall

1. Desynced swings and broken parry - very slow or very fast and wierd looking swings or some swings caused by the alt attack, that go straight through your perfectly timed parry (i could actually see the sword going through my weapon model sometimes) and hit you 2-3 seconds after the animation is finished. This combined with the post patch parrying where some hits just go trough anyway needs to be fixed, its fucked up. The broken parry system needs to be addressed aswell, seriously sometimes i get killed by an MaA spamming leftclick this never happend before the patch. Some of the axes simply ignore your parry sometimes, and i knew i wasn’t wrong when i have seen other people report the same.

2. Fake feints - sometimes i die because my opponent counterattacks and the animation stops mid swing, long after the actual time you can feint, it looks like a feint but its not, and immediatly a new windup starts. Even when you would get hit from the swing it just goes trough you with no damage and just stops, its similar like a ghost swing, but you can actually see this one so it looks like a broken feint. This also gets caused from the alt swings. This needs to be fixed because it adds alot of confusion, ive also seen this happening alot where pre patch would be an idle flinch.

3. Ghost swings - When it looks like your opponent feints you and then does nothing and suddenly you get hit out of nowhere, no swing or animation, you just get hit. Doesnt happen nearly as often as the two above but sometimes it fucks you up still

4. Sometimes you get dazed even with full stamina - why ? Ive had this happen to me sometimes , from MaA’s, knights , from sprint attacks and non sprint attacks and whatnot. It does not happen often, but its fucked up. Needs to be fixed aswell

These 4 bugs above are the worst for me atm since they fuck up the combat sometimes, but you should also considering adding a fix for some of the alt attacks, like the dane axe overhead, a nerf for the hilariously overpowered grand mace and the bearded axe or just a nerf for the instant overhead and make the maa dodge not so teleport like. Also lowering your fps shouldnt make your arrows faster lol.

You dev guys know probably most of this already but i hope this helped anyway :)

• signed

• A lot of the “fake” swings seems to be related to flinching messing up animations - for the other issues, if you notice any kind of pattern as far as situations where these things tend to occur, it would be very helpful.

• Parrying seems to be very broken against mace typed weapons, especially the morning star. I’ve had instances where repeatedly trying to block it fails completely, even for simple stabs from the front, and overheads despite looking up sufficiently. If i had to say a situation where i see this happen most often, it would be while backing away from an enemy while they approach

Mace weapons were a bit dodgy pre patch, but now they seem exceptionally broken. Funnily enough though, the broadsword/norse sword don’t seem to suffer from this too much. The falchion can be a bit iffy sometimes (I tested it recently, and it seemed to occasionally go straight through people’s blocks), but people don’t use it enough for me to give a judgement on that

From time to time, I’ve seen attacks being blocked when stabbed at the beginning of an overhead (and then I’m hit for damage, so not simply not seeing a block due to lag or packetloss). The weapon was a greatsword weapon of some variety, against a vanguard. I can’t remember any other context though, I’m afraid

• @CRUSHED:

3. Ghost swings - When it looks like your opponent feints you and then does nothing and suddenly you get hit out of nowhere, no swing or animation, you just get hit. Doesnt happen nearly as often as the two above but sometimes it fucks you up still

I have this issue almost every time with my opponent alt swing. Animation freezes at windup and then after some time i get hit or parry if guessed right.

• @20k:

Parrying seems to be very broken against mace typed weapons, especially the morning star. I’ve had instances where repeatedly trying to block it fails completely, even for simple stabs from the front, and overheads despite looking up sufficiently. If i had to say a situation where i see this happen most often, it would be while backing away from an enemy while they approach

Mace weapons were a bit dodgy pre patch, but now they seem exceptionally broken. Funnily enough though, the broadsword/norse sword don’t seem to suffer from this too much. The falchion can be a bit iffy sometimes (I tested it recently, and it seemed to occasionally go straight through people’s blocks), but people don’t use it enough for me to give a judgement on that

From time to time, I’ve seen attacks being blocked when stabbed at the beginning of an overhead (and then I’m hit for damage, so not simply not seeing a block due to lag or packetloss). The weapon was a greatsword weapon of some variety, against a vanguard. I can’t remember any other context though, I’m afraid

For me it happens the most with the waraxe. That shit is close to unblockable