Zweihander Stab: What it should be like.

• Obviously, there is a slight problem with the Zweihander’s stab. It would be almost impossible to recover from in real life. I happen to own one of these weapons, and I’m not a small man either. Over 6 feet and almost 190 lbs. Even I found it difficult to stab effectively with the weapon like the characters do in game, so here’s what I suggest:

Animation Changes:
    Make it so that when he stabs, he moves his dominant hand to the leather section just under the secondary guard. In lamens terms, make him grab the cloth bit under the spikes where the blade starts. This is how it would be done in real life.

Stat Changes:
    This would dramatically reduce range, and the damage would probably be the same, but it would be much faster.

Just my suggestion for a small tweak. It would make the Zweihander much more fun to use imo.

• The stab release should be like 20 seconds minutes and you should have increased sensitivity so you can spin all day like a champ while stabbing.

• @Reterence:

Obviously, there is a slight problem with the Zweihander’s stab. It would be almost impossible to recover from in real life.

I think most people would agree that it isn’t supposed to be a simulator for sword battle, it’s a game.

• As an animation: YES. Seeing your character holding the sword by the ricasso during the windup to a stab would be great!
    As a stat change: No

• @PedroFromHell:

As an animation: YES. Seeing your character holding the sword by the ricasso during the windup to a stab would be great!

Well why not? Over powered? Under powered?

• I just think the balance at the moment is perfect, at least between all the two handed swords.
    But I agree the animation is completely unrealistic and it would be great to see the ricasso being used.

• I’ve used many real weapons, not reconstruction, authentic weapons with a story, zweinhander is one of these, it’s not heavy as you think(the heaviest sword,but not so heavy,German swords sucks like hell) but yes, it is difficult to control a massive stab

• @Satiro88:

I’ve used many real weapons, not reconstruction, authentic weapons with a story, zweinhander is one of these, it’s not heavy as you think(the heaviest sword,but not so heavy,German swords sucks like hell) but yes, it is difficult to control a massive stab

I think this as well. Seeing them actually use what makes this sword so unique would be amazing. I just think it would be difficult to keep the stats the same as grabbing the ricasso obviously reduces range. I like the stats how they are as well, but It would just make the most sense this way. At least in my opinion.

It would help differentiate it even more from the other weapons available to the vanguard, and weapon variation is a key part of what keeps the game fun. Adding more weapon variation would make it so that you have to adjust your fighting tactics in order to keep your head on your shoulders. It adds to gameplay.

• The zweihander in the game is actually a flamberge, which was mainly a decorative or ceremonial sword carried in parades. Asking for it to be made realistic is silly.

• @2maidens1chalice:

The zweihander in the game is actually a flamberge, which was mainly a decorative or ceremonial sword carried in parades. Asking for it to be made realistic is silly.

And that’s another thing. Its actually a Flammenschwert, not just a generic flamberge. I’m not asking for realism, and we’ve already been over this. I think it would be nice to have it differentiated from the other greatswords more. Allow people to use what makes it a unique weapon.

• I kind of like this idea.

• Global Moderator

A stab is supposed to be a long range attack in tha game.

And high adrenalin levels increase your heart rate which increases oxygen to the mucles making them perform at higher levels. It also slows down unease art things that use energy such as digestion. More energy for your mucles to use.

Basically soldiers can become tanks.

• "Its actually a Flammenschwert"
    really?o.O flammenschwert means “burning sword”.

• @cino:

"Its actually a Flammenschwert"

Exactly. Flamberge means “flame blade”. The blade is wavy like fire, that’s why.

• @PedroFromHell:

As an animation: YES. Seeing your character holding the sword by the ricasso during the windup to a stab would be great!

This sounds good to me.

• Simply seeing the ricasso used in the game would I think be a big bonus to the weapon. Just as a unique platform. I just don’t really know how it could be done without removing some range. But even if some range was removed, wouldn’t having that different stab be a quirk of the weapon? The goal is to simply try and diversify the weapons from the others. Make them more unique and give them their own little advantages and drawbacks. As much as I like the stab now, I wouldn’t mind a little change if it means it makes the weapon stand out a little more in terms of its usage.

• @SavageBeatings:

@cino:

"Its actually a Flammenschwert"

Exactly. Flamberge means “flame blade”. The blade is wavy like fire, that’s why.

Also, see kris :3

• @EricFong:

Hehe, yeah, but that dagger is something I only associate with oriental death cults x)

• @SavageBeatings:

@EricFong:

Hehe, yeah, but that dagger is something I only associate with oriental death cults x)

It is pretty common in my Islamic country.

Alot of muslim family have it as their heirloom.

Well, I am a Chinese myself and I want a templar sword as my heirloom.

• @Almightycloud:

@Reterence:

Obviously, there is a slight problem with the Zweihander’s stab. It would be almost impossible to recover from in real life.

I think most people would agree that it isn’t supposed to be a simulator for sword battle, it’s a game.

Wow… don’t you want the game to be immersive and um, cool? It would be awesome to see the model grip the leather on the zwei for added leverage.

People are so ready to hate against realism that they ignore simple additions that would make the game awesome.