Reverse the 1-handed (alt) overhead starting side

• When using the alternate slash attack, the swing starts from the left, but with overhead the sides are reversed for some reason (starts from the right). Especially annoying if you use “a” or “d” for triggering alternate attacks. For the sake of consistency please reverse the directions. :)

• Yeah for a lot of the weps, the alt overhand is a straight-down smash, I love that, especially with maces.

Standard overhand is a diagonal slash from top left to bottom right, this should be the alternate.

I still say Spear Stab / standard overhand should be switched too, but no-one seems to agree. :P
    For me “Stab” is a forward, far reaching thrust, and overhand is a shorter ranged, “high” attack. With spears this is switched for some reason.

• Or you could change the key bindings 8-)

• @Helgeran:

Or you could change the key bindings 8-)

That would change it for all weapons then though. :(

Halberds doing an upwards sweep, when I want a downwards etc.

If we had seperate binds that we could use (if we wanted) specific to each weapon type, then yes! That would fix my spear problem too hehe.

• @BobT36:

@Helgeran:

Yeah, that wouldn’t work :( different bindings for different weapons might be nice, although the keybinds menu is already quite convoluted.

• @Reubot:

@BobT36:

@Helgeran:

Yeah, that wouldn’t work :( different bindings for different weapons might be nice, although the keybinds menu is already quite convoluted.

Just the ability to manually tune it for different weapons in the config file would be nice.

I agree it would be way too overboard for the in-game keybind menu, best just keeping that the way it is.