Please god character progression

• I hope to got its not gonna be just a bunch of pre made classes, that will ensure the game dying fast…

Ignore that if you want.

Where there be any progression in this game like, i start with bad stuff and have to work up to good stuff and i can unlock what ever i want when i have enough money or something?

• It won’t be an RPG if that’s what you’re looking for. And I think the vast majority of the community would disagree with that. There will be a progression system, but it isn’t meant to be “start with bad weapons and unlock better ones” - you start with standard weapons and unlock more specialized weapon. I.E. the Man-at-Arms can initially use a Broadsword as his blade option, which is moderately fast with decent reach and similar damage on both slashing and thrusting, and later unlocks the Norse Sword which has a longer reach and powerful thrusts but limited slashes, and the Falchion which has shorter reach, weak thrusts, and powerful slashes.

• Counter strike never died because it didn’t had character progression.
    In fact it’s quite the opposite : premade class allows for a more balanced and competitive multiplayer experience, and ensure it stays alive longer.
    And this game is about skills. No need to give an unfair advantage to XP farmers. Skills alone should determine the issue of a match. The kind of system you are proposing is basically WOW pvp. This isn’t the kind of stuff I would like to see in chivalry.

• @akarnir:

Counter strike never died because it didn’t had character progression.
    In fact it’s quite the opposite : premade class allows for a more balanced and competitive multiplayer experience, and ensure it stays alive longer.
    And this game is about skills. No need to give an unfair advantage to XP farmers. Skills alone should determine the issue of a match. The kind of system you are proposing is basically WOW pvp. This isn’t the kind of stuff I would like to see in chivalry.

This isn’t true at all but ok, i come from crpg. I constantly destroy people with the worst gear cause I think its funny…

Because it truly is a skill based game

• You’re welcome to try to destroy people who are using two handed swords and double axes with just your fists or a dagger.

• ‘‘God character’’ or ‘‘god character progresion’’ I heard for first time .
    ROFL

Sounds like an exploit to me …

• I hate cRPG.
    Having to take time to be at least equally geared as the other players and getting pwnzord while doing it… where is the fun in that ? Also, saying you kill people with the worst gear simply says two things : you fight poorly skilled people, and the character progression offers nothing to you.

On topic, well I would have prefered if there were no character progression at all…
    But I guess if you have every standard weapon and unlocks the other fast enough (like in less that a fortnight of playing the game)…

• you’re lost, skyrim is that way –-}

• Yea Warband Native failed so hard. If only it had a lame character levelling system like CRPG and WOTR! Chivalry is surely doomed to failure :o

• The thing is, as in cRPG, theres a great skill gap in chivalry too if its anything like AoC. That means, if you are slightly better than your opponent you will beat him 8/10 times. Theres no reason to further increase that gap, like happens in cRPG, or to reward a poorly skilled player that has farmed for hours versus a skilled one with basic equipment.

In cRPG, a good player with good equipment can kill dozens of enemies by himself. Ive seen Georges defending a castle from a siege, just walk out of the castle slaying every attacker he found, get cornered inside a siege tower near the attacker´s spawn, fight through a couple of waves of respawned attackers inside and walking back to the safety of the castle while killing anyone chasing him. In 3 minutes he achieved over 40 frags, and he survived the round.

Rewarding skill is a good thing in games, but some limits are ridiculous IMO.

• cRPG wasn’t bad at all, the notion that you needed to be equally equipped is what I consider a silly one and makes me question whether the person had ever played the mod before. In the first 10 battles you’ll essentially be a useless moose swinging your club at people; very soon you’ll be able to afford good armor and weapons with reasonable stats.

Whether character progression is necessary or not, well, that is a flaw in gaming community in general. Not progression, but instead predicted paths that a game MUST follow or it’ll fail. Some games I couldn’t play without character progression, some games I can deal without it. Success is a random variable.

None of you are omniscient, what happened to humble suggestion? Excuse me for not agreeing with heated video game discussion, it’s a bit sad in my eyes.

• There isn’t any characters to progress……
    Its you versus me, not your character versus my character.

• @Heinrich:

There isn’t any characters to progress……
    Its you versus me, not your character versus my character.

I pretty much agree.
    Who would like to be the useless moose for a few games being only a victim or a crow feeding on the rests of the other team members ? Then who would want to get a gear that’s not near as powerful as those whose only quality over you is they got to play before you and for a longer time ? And finally where is the joy in having such a good gear the only o a threat are others “champions” ?

Yes, I prefer games that put the emphasis on skill, not character progression (although I agree skill is also important in this cRPG mod) ; as said Heinrich, player vs player > character vs character.

The only flavour in such character progression is being happy once you manage to actually be useful to your team and that is not before a very long time…

PS: HAHA, SlyGoat, you got ninja’d ! Now let me enjoy my minor achievement.

• That’s a very good way of putting it, Heinrich.

• cwliias, you do not deserve to be heard when you open a thread with with so much arrogance in it, and plus it’s your first in this community!
    It is an insult to the people that made the game and the community behind it, basicly you land here roughly you say that that the idea of devs is some shit, that yours is better and that if we don’t apply it, the game will fail ?!
    Be humble men or get out seriously.

• Why Counter Strike is so popular ?

I can asure you is not because of the good gameplay , but of lack of such .
    It’s like fps version of WoW - total mindless , besides did I mentioned WoW is 1 of the most played MMO’s , strangely why …

So much bugs accepted as features .

& keep in mind that there is Counter Strike X series which has final version 1.6 .
    Source & Walk (Counter Strike players to learn to walk ?! No Joke ?! You cannot be serious. Just Valve’s next fraud.) are much less popular & played (more accurately said ‘‘played’’) & is reasonable to suggest ever will be so .
    New versions are just to add some more payers .

1 of the reasons for the problems of finding players to join Chivalry MW community are popular gameplay shits CS & alike .