Pressing X and 2 while holding shift doesn't do anything?

• I’ve seen other people using voice commands while running, but I can’t do it, nor can I switch to my secondary while running. Frankly, not being able to scream for help or laugh while running is ruining the game for me. :P
    Edit: Holding shift and w*

• Most older keyboards won’t register more than 3 key presses at the same time. Could this be the case with your keyboard?

• It’s just a “USB Multimedia Keyboard” that came with my Dell XPS 8300 that I got in November of 2011. So, I wouldn’t say it’s old, unless you mean an older model? It says the Driver Date for the keyboard is 6/21/2006 if that helps at all? I really don’t know…

• It’s weird though because I can press c while running, and do the battlecry, and I can press z for those voice commands(except for 2), but I can’t use x or 2. It’s really strange.

• Did you conclude that it is not the “max number of key presses at once” issue as suggested by PedroFromHell? It’s not only limited to older hardware, it’s really a ‘feature’ of cheap hardware :)

Is there any software running in the background that may intercept that as a hotkey shortcut for something?

• @ReMixx:

Did you conclude that it is not the “max number of key presses at once” issue as suggested by PedroFromHell? It’s not only limited to older hardware, it’s really a ‘feature’ of cheap hardware :)

I would say no because of my last post, but…then again, considering the keyboard came with the computer, it probably is cheap.

Is there any software running in the background that may intercept that as a hotkey shortcut for something?

Not that I know of.

So, I guess it’s a keyboard issue and not a game issue then? :(

• @Ranulf:

So, I guess it’s a keyboard issue and not a game issue then? :(

Let’s just make sure that I understand this correctly.

While holding shift (sprinting), you CANNOT bring up the X voice over menu.

While holding shift (sprinting), you CAN bring up the Z voice over menu.

While holding shift (sprinting), you CANNOT hit the “2” key after bringing up the Z voice over menu.

That’s how I am interpreting it. Correct?

• That’s correct. I also can’t bring out my secondary while running, but C(the battlecry while running) works too.

• @Ranulf:

That’s correct. I also can’t bring out my secondary while running, but C(the battlecry while running) works too.

So these DON’T work:

• Shift + W + X

• Shift + W + 2

And these DO work:

• Shift + W + Z

• Shift + W + C

• Shift + W + 1

Hmmm let’s just reset all keybinds back to default (video settings will be reset too) by deleting the Chivalry directory in Documents\My Games.

• I did that, but it still didn’t make the keys work while running.

• @Ranulf:

I did that, but it still didn’t make the keys work while running.

Any way to borrow another keyboard to test it?

• It would be older than the one I’m currently using.

• @Ranulf:

It would be older than the one I’m currently using.

Give it a try for kicks and giggles.