3rd Faction in Chivalry

• I do not expect that the developers would implement this, but it is something I feel that is worth discussing with the Chivalry community.

My idea was that a third faction could be added to the game. If you have played training you should recall at the start that it explains that King Argon has united the Agathian Empire and that he was now setting sail to conquer a new land (or something like this). My idea of the new faction was that they would be loosely based on a Oriental culture/Empire thing and that the new faction could also have new or slightly changed classes and weapons. I have no Idea how the developers would implement this in game but it would be awesome.

I think it would be beneficial to game play as this would allow for Mason Vs Agatha Vs New faction, battles, which would add a whole new level of crazyness to chivalry. Also this would also allow for new maps based on the oriental continent that King Argon was going to conquer.

I hope you will add positivly to this discussion and I also want to hear how you would imagine the 3rd faction :D .

• In theory a great idea, the only problem is that

a) the Mason Order already has some oriental touch (especially the knights)
    b) the killing fields are already messy enough with 32 players and 2 factions, I don’t wanna know how much shit is going downwards if there’s a third faction.

Though I WOULD like to besiege castles in huge, epic battles. Maybe like some Siege Mode. 2 castles, 2 teams, 1 mission. Capture the enemie’s castle.

But a third party? I think the game is messed up more than enough. ;)

• Ok so you say that Mason have an oriental touch all ready but they come from the Agathian army. Just saying

You said the killing fields are to messy, how do you mean like to many dead bodies, too much team killing. personally I love the feel of massive team deathmatches with heaps of crazy stuff going on at the same time.

I like the idea of two castles and two teams though. you called it the siege mode that would be awesome there could be a point system were you spend your kills on siege weaponry or something

And I don’t believe this game is messed up at all, it just has a bit of fine tuning to do but other than that.

• I’m not a game developer, but i can only imagine the amount of work to make another faction. but as i said i’m not a dev so i wouldn’t know. I think it would be totally cool. It would open up a lot of different game types, modes, maps, etc. It would be a lot i think though to implement. Plus what would you do about the existing maps and objectives. You couldn’t just throw a 3rd faction in there. Maybe some sort of expansion or something could be made with another faction but idk.

Of course i like the idea… i love more content, more shit to do, of course, i just think it’d be really hard for the devs to do all of that and it’s asking a lot haha.

• The enemy of the old Agatha kingdom: the barbarians.

• The third faction has already been foreshadowed on the updated Battlegrounds…

Angry Birds.

• @ReMixx:

The third faction has already been foreshadowed on the updated Battlegrounds…

Angry Birds.

Dun. Dun. DUN! 8-)

• @clayton-bigsby:

I’m not a game developer, but i can only imagine the amount of work to make another faction. but as i said i’m not a dev so i wouldn’t know. I think it would be totally cool. It would open up a lot of different game types, modes, maps, etc. It would be a lot i think though to implement. Plus what would you do about the existing maps and objectives. You couldn’t just throw a 3rd faction in there. Maybe some sort of expansion or something could be made with another faction but idk.

Of course i like the idea… i love more content, more shit to do, of course, i just think it’d be really hard for the devs to do all of that and it’s asking a lot haha.

maybe it could be the first DLC for chivalry or something

• @soni2295:

The enemy of the old Agatha kingdom: the barbarians.

I like this idea

Maybe the Agathians literally kicked the barbarians out of their land and now there coming back to show them

• @The:

Also this would also allow for new maps based on the oriental continent that King Argon was going to conquer.

Correct me if I am wrong, but nowadays oriental means something from East Asia. It is clearly stated that a lot of the men died in a desert, the far east is not known for deserts (Even though they have the Gobi Desert which I think counts as East Asia, but hey) but what is known for deserts is the Middle East. Also the Middle East was a great battlefield during the Middle Ages, since the Crusades you know, so it is not odd if the it the lands were Middle Eastern inspired. In fact, I am extremely sure that the land they are referring to is very much so inspired by Middle East, because they pretty clearly states that the map: “Ruins” were a part of the great Kingdom/Empire which Argon went to, and that map is pretty obviously very much so Middle Eastern and Muslim culture inspired. Plus we have that elevator duel map to, which is based off of “Ruins”. So I am pretty sure we already at least have two maps based off of the continent to the far east.

• @The:

Ok so you say that Mason have an oriental touch all ready but they come from the Agathian army. Just saying

This game is fictive, not much is based on real history. So the developers could make a bloody Marsian faction which is descended from the The Agathian Empire (I guess it is an Empire, right?). He is right in saying that the Masons are Middle Eastern when it comes to their Knights.

• @TheUndying:

Though I WOULD like to besiege castles in huge, epic battles. Maybe like some Siege Mode. 2 castles, 2 teams, 1 mission. Capture the enemie’s castle.

Oh yes, that would be so awesome. Just like The Titan Mode form Battlefield 2142! Torn Banner plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    implement it, please? Please.

• @Hejligan:

a bloody Marsian faction which is descended from the The Agathian Empire

I’m pretty sure you’re taking this a bit too far. ;)

• @The:

@clayton-bigsby:

I’m not a game developer, but i can only imagine the amount of work to make another faction. but as i said i’m not a dev so i wouldn’t know. I think it would be totally cool. It would open up a lot of different game types, modes, maps, etc. It would be a lot i think though to implement. Plus what would you do about the existing maps and objectives. You couldn’t just throw a 3rd faction in there. Maybe some sort of expansion or something could be made with another faction but idk.

maybe it could be the first DLC for chivalry or something

They just released a DLC. They do free DLCs.

In the toturial mission they were going on a crusade. And the crusades took place in and around Turkey. Its shown in ruins. They were there when the revolution happened and the agathians and masons who fought side by side turned against each other.

Maybe there could be a before the civil war part. Agathians and masons fighting against the Turks. Or the Moors depending on where the crusade was.

• @lemonater47:

In the toturial mission they were going on a crusade. And the crusades took place in and around Turkey. Its shown in ruins. They were there when the revolution happened and the agathians and masons who fought side by side turned against each other.

Just to get your lore straight:

Lore Intro:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QpyI8Upbxg

Chivalry Book of Lore:
    http://www.chivalrythegame.com/lore/manual/default.htm

And the land they crusaded to is called “Tenosia”. It is proabaly very Arab-like.
    The Masons have, if compared to the real world, an eastern and northern European look (northwest Asia at most), but hardly oriental. The Vanguard even looks pretty western.

@ topic: A third faction? Sure, why not. Could be a great point for an addon or sequel.

• If you read the manual then the name for the 3rd faction is pretty obvious:

The Tenosians

King Argon got a bit greedy and tried to attack them but was killed in battle. Malric Terrowin then wanted to gain power and control the lands of Agatha and perhaps…protect the lands against a possible Tenosian counter-attack. And yes, some of you were right about making them a bit orient-styled. The lands of Tenosia are indeed hot and the climate is arid. :-)

• @funthomass:

If you read the manual then the name for the 3rd faction is pretty obvious:

The Tenosians

King Argon got a bit greedy and tried to attack them but was killed in battle. Malric Terrowin then wanted to gain power and control the lands of Agatha and perhaps…protect the lands against a possible Tenosian counter-attack. And yes, some of you were right about making them a bit orient-styled. The lands of Tenosia are indeed hot and the climate is arid. :-)

Argon died?

• Argon died?

See my links above! Argon died in Tenosia and the Agatha Knights are supporting his nephew and heir Danum instead of Malric.

Edit: I correct myself. Argon is apparently a last name. So, Alfonso Argon died in Tenosia. Danum Argon is who the Agatha Knights support.

• @Don_Kanaille:

@lemonater47:

Just to get your lore straight:

Lore Intro:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QpyI8Upbxg

Chivalry Book of Lore:
    http://www.chivalrythegame.com/lore/manual/default.htm

And the land they crusaded to is called “Tenosia”. It is proabaly very Arab-like.
    The Masons have, if compared to the real world, an eastern and northern European look (northwest Asia at most), but hardly oriental. The Vanguard even looks pretty western.

@ topic: A third faction? Sure, why not. Could be a great point for an addon or sequel.

I thought they fought side by side as they all got on the same ships together.

• @Hejligan:

Correct me if I am wrong, but nowadays oriental means something from East Asia.

You are wrong. The Orient is pretty much whole asia.