New ALT use for stab

• I think there should be a new use for stab. For example when you stab with the norse sword it kind of goes sideways. With other weapons it just goes forward. Perhaps when you hold alt the sword will stab sideways. Making a bigger wound useful for archers and MAA. When it goes forward it I would say it would be easier to fit between gaps in full plate and chainmail armor. Therefore making it useful for Vanguards and Knights. Any suggestions?

• low-stab, high-stab?

• @clayton-bigsby:

low-stab, high-stab?

I like this idea a lot.

Though it would kinda force them to make a whole new attack (and an alternate for it) for spears since spear stab is low and spear overhead is a high stab already.

• I like the idea of alternate stab being higher…maybe like like an overhead stab:

• @AngryDave:

I like the idea of alternate stab being higher…maybe like like an overhead stab:

I like this idea a lot. It would also be nice because it would let javelins have an alternate attack, which helps expand their currently tiny range of actions.

• I’d rather keep the low / high thing for spears.

With other weapons I’d rather have a quick, close range pommel strike. With spears, halberds etc it would be a sideways whack with the bottom of the shaft.

• @BobT36:

I’d rather keep the low / high thing for spears.

With other weapons I’d rather have a quick, close range pommel strike. With spears, halberds etc it would be a sideways whack with the bottom of the shaft.

Ooooo yeah, I like that idea better, a pommel attack would be sweet. Maybe a “punch” with the hilt even as a fast attack that doesn’t do a ton of damage, just really good for getting that slight edge over your opponent or interrupting a swing. It would have to be non-combo-able though, otherwise it would be a stun-lock like fists.