Mason Castle TO map is awesome.. but stage 1 needs a fix!

• I was impressed by how stylish is the new Team Objective map, the one with the Mason fortress at the feet of a volcano: 5 stages, all with a different design in the paths, ending with the AWESOME Mauric throne room (first time me and a friend, me playing Agatha (booo Agathas) and him playing Mason, we duelled in the last stage, him as King Mauric me as Agatha Vanguard, and I kiled him, SO EPIC LOL). BUT! 1st stage is really too unbalanced, Agathas have to run for about 30/40 seconds and Masons just 5/10 seconds to reach the objectives (Ballistas). Those are also usable by both sides, so if an Agatha manage to turn the Balista against Mason’s walls and die, Masons can just take back the Balista and turn it again on the other side.

Other stages are (very) cool maybe even too easy for Agathas, but, as a typical Mason player, I’d say first stage is too easy for us (Masons).

• It’s the same for any other TO map. Look at stoneshill, the Agathian spawn is 30 seconds away whilst the Mason spawn is 10 seconds.

• @Matti:

It’s the same for any other TO map. Look at stoneshill, the Agathian spawn is 30 seconds away whilst the Mason spawn is 10 seconds.

In which stage?

• For a mason supporter you probably need to know how to spell your leaders name.

And yes the agthian spawn is too far away and there are plenty of places where you javelin to turn back on or jump off a cliff.

• @Nevetz:

@Matti:

It’s the same for any other TO map. Look at stoneshill, the Agathian spawn is 30 seconds away whilst the Mason spawn is 10 seconds.

In which stage?

Yeah Agatha spawns right next to the objective (assuming the king stays in the throne room) on all 3 stages of stoneshill.

But regardless the first stage of Citadel is certainly a lot harder to attack than any other first stage whilst the following objectives are much easier. If i’m on Mason I tend to allow Agatha to take the first objective, even though it means we’ll probably lose, but just because it is more fun to play the other stages.

• @lemonater47:

For a mason supporter you probably need to know how to spell your leaders name.

As English isn’t my mother language, “Mauric” is what I ear from quotes. I’ve never actually see his name written.

@AngryDave:

@Nevetz:

@Matti:

In which stage?

Yeah Agatha spawns right next to the objective (assuming the king stays in the throne room) on all 3 stages of stoneshill.

But regardless the first stage of Citadel is certainly a lot harder to attack than any other first stage whilst the following objectives are much easier. If i’m on Mason I tend to allow Agatha to take the first objective, even though it means we’ll probably lose, but just because it is more fun to play the other stages.

Yeah Agatha spawn are always near their defense but in the 1st stage killing peasants is so damn easy (slashes, burnt houses, catapult), the second stage needs some tactic but every meter/every hit of the ram on the door is a step forward to the accomplishment of the objective for the Masons. In this new map you have to take a balista (bugged also, it always looks at the sky), turn it 180 degrees (since Masons use them too) and start shooting, all while hoping no Agathian is coming for your head. King’s assassination is the hardest stage precisely for Agathas spawn points but it’s still viable, like now it is at Mason throne room AS SOME DEAD KING KNOWS, YAAAHHH

• It’s King Malric ;)

• @Matti:

Not quite. Citadel’s first objective is more like 3 seconds away. Might work out better if they moved spawns to the bottom of the wall instead of right on top.

• @SOC:

@Matti:

Not quite. Citadel’s first objective is more like 3 seconds away. Might work out better if they moved spawns to the bottom of the wall instead of right on top.

Well then they would miss all the fun of the volcano.

I think Agatha should not spawn on the wall, 2 seconds away from the ballista. Rather they should spawn on the ground behind the wall in the corners.

• Hard or not, the first stage is a lot of fun for me :D. You fight in those rooms under the balista itself and I just find it awesome :D.

When it comes to difficulty, I think it should stay the same since it´s all about trying to replicate besieging castles etc. The spawn of the Agathians could be closer though…

• I completely agree with OP. Despite a good 10 playthroughs on the map, I’ve never got to play beyond stage 1. Maybe I’m just unlucky, but that doesn’t change the fact that requiring players to run a fucking marathon before they actually get into any sort of fighting is TERRIBLE GAME DESIGN. Seriously, who in God’s name thought that could possibly be a good idea?

With other TO maps (Darkforest, Battlegrounds, Stoneshill) not only are the objectives closer ,the first half of your time is spent pushing the cart from your end of the map to the objective, meaning that the fighting happens close to your spawn for quite some time. It’s only Mason Castle that’s broken.

Please, Devs, fix this map so I can see what the later stages look like :(

• i dont like this map at all, agathians spawn too far away, in the second stage where you have to bash the doors, as a defender this is useless because if he door has a dent you will already lose, it should be so that the door needs to be completely broken through. And the final stage, the agathians spawn way to close, before you as mason reach the king, the agathians already are fighting him.

• @DifferentFrogs:

I completely agree with OP. Despite a good 10 playthroughs on the map, I’ve never got to play beyond stage 1. Maybe I’m just unlucky,

Pretty much I’ve seen it through stage 1 many times, but it needs strong attackers or noobish defenders. After stage 1 the other stages are easy for the attackers. Especially the last stage where King Malric gets slaughtered in anything from 10 seconds to 1 minute.

• Whose brilliant idea was it to make it so archers can cover the ballista from where they spawn?

Or what about when the ballista’s bug out completely where they won’t turn at all and you can only swivel your head around while on the ballista?

Or what about when the bolt from the ballista passes in between the wafer thin gaps in the palisade wall, rendering the shot as invalid?

Sure, the map is aesthetically pleasing, but game play and balance wise, it’s a nightmare.