I'm pretty much over the game.

• Which is bad, as it’s an amazing game but the community is just terrible. Much to say it it seems to be Australians, maybe because I only play with them I notice it a lot more.

Anyway this community is divided into select groups.
    •The new / lost players, rarely ever helped.
    •The helpers, this one group will take the time to help others to try and make the game more fun.
    •The ‘rager’ he will abuse anyone, any weapon or call everyone a hacker if he dies.
    •The kind and caring.
    •The spam votekicker.
    •The bug abuser.

Now the issue here is votekicking is flawed, and the community is dreadful. The current votekick system calls for abuse. I’ve been votekicked more times then I have finished games.

I was recently kicked for “speedhacking” when I asked what he meant he stated my secondary was faster then his primary. Well duh the cudgel is pretty fast. I stated that I haven’t used my secondary on him all game as I was playing Archer. Then he “kindly” said to stfu and I was kicked.

The game exactly before that I was kicked for killing a VanGuard who exclaimed the Crossbow is “OP as fuck!” and that I was using an AimBot (I guess he didn’t see the 3 missed shots).

Just now my last game I was kicked for trying to kick a bug exploiter. No one cared about this until I started to kill people then I was a threat and was kicked. However everyone said no to the bug exploiter.

Picture: (I would love to see this guy banned as it’s not the first time he has bug abused, he does it almost every game / map) http://imgur.com/DezrQFQ
    Something as simple as sitting in the fire (makes you invulnerable to damage and you can still hit people) just ruins the match. He wasn’t kicked because his team decided he was a viable asset.

The voting system needs a complete rework NOW! Not tomorrow not the next patch now!
    Let’s just say an Agatha Archer was kicking a Mason Knight, only Agatha can vote. Now if someone from Agatha is kicking someone from Agatha, the vote stays to Agatha. Each team is limited to one kick per 2 minutes (3 minutes if the vote is failed) and each user is limited to one kick per 5 minutes. When kicking someone you must select a generic reason if no reason is selected the vote will fail automatically.

Auto kicking should be implemented, if someone reached 100% total team damage they are kicked, team damage no longer resets. Kicking for Team Killing will not be a kick option.

I should have posted this in Suggestions, but meh a moderator will move it shortly.

• @Ex:

Picture: (I would love to see this guy banned as it’s not the first time he has bug abused, he does it almost every game / map) http://imgur.com/DezrQFQ
    Something as simple as sitting in the fire (makes you invulnerable to damage and you can still hit people) just ruins the match. He wasn’t kicked because his team decided he was a viable asset.

Why not post a bug report? That is something that could be added in for the upcoming patch.

• @Ex:

The voting system needs a complete rework NOW! Not tomorrow not the next patch now! Let’s just say an Agatha Archer was kicking a Mason Knight, only Agatha can vote. Now if someone from Agatha is kicking someone from Agatha, the vote stays to Agatha. Each team is limited to one kick per 2 minutes (3 minutes if the vote is failed) and each user is limited to one kick per 5 minutes. When kicking someone you must select a generic reason if no reason is selected the vote will fail

bOnlyAdminsCanInitiateVotes=false
    bOnlyAdminsCanVote=false
    bOnlyTeammatesCanVoteKick=true
    bOnlyTeammatesAbstainsCountAgainstMinimum=false
    fVoteMinAmountNonAbstainers=0.400000
    fVoteSuccessThreshold=0.600000
    fVoteDurationSeconds=20.000000
    fVoteTallyUpdates=3.000000
    fVoteEnactDelaySeconds=10.000000
    fVoteTimeBetweenVoteKicksAgainstSamePlayer=60.000000
    fVoteTimeBetweenVotesFromOnePlayer=60.000000
    fVoteKickBanDurationSeconds=300.000000

Votekick needs a rework now? Um, the options are already there for customization. Please don’t call for a change when you’re unaware of what is presently available. It’s baseless demands like this that are purely ridiculous.

I’m going to assume that this is a rage thread.

@Ex:

I was recently kicked for…
    The game exactly before that I was kicked for…

• You think the Australian community is bad well, the European is the worst and the American being he second worst.

The Australian community is the most abusive but with less votekicks and people who default to voting no rather than yes. Means that trolls don’t use votekick as often as its not usually succesful.

And anyone who thinks people who use aimbots are retarded as they don’t work. Arrows and boots travel to slow for them to be of any use beyond 10 metres. They would hinder you otherwise.

I think ive seen you playing a few times. Never seen you votekicked.

And to JHoersten 2. Why aren’t people allow to say to add something that’s already In just because they are unaware? People just come in and correct them and that’s fine. You telling him that not knowing anything is a bad thing is a bad thing in itself.

And he’s not a server admin or mod so can’t do anything about it anyway.

• @Ex:

Anyway this community is divided into select groups.
    •The new / lost players, rarely ever helped.
    •The helpers, this one group will take the time to help others to try and make the game more fun.
    •The ‘rager’ he will abuse anyone, any weapon or call everyone a hacker if he dies.
    •The kind and caring.
    •The spam votekicker.
    •The bug abuser.

Let me expand the list:
    •The teamkillers/teamhitters. “Because tk’ing is fun”.

sub-group 1: “I killed you coz it’s fun lolololol”. gets kicked.
    sub-group 2: “I never attacked you! It was someone else!”. votes to kick YOU for TK.
    •The small council who knows how to actually play and slain everyone with a 5 or more KDR.

A sub-group of all those groups: the ragequitters.

• @JHoersten2:

@Ex:

The voting system needs a complete rework NOW! Not tomorrow not the next patch now! Let’s just say an Agatha Archer was kicking a Mason Knight, only Agatha can vote. Now if someone from Agatha is kicking someone from Agatha, the vote stays to Agatha. Each team is limited to one kick per 2 minutes (3 minutes if the vote is failed) and each user is limited to one kick per 5 minutes. When kicking someone you must select a generic reason if no reason is selected the vote will fail

bOnlyAdminsCanInitiateVotes=false
    bOnlyAdminsCanVote=false
    bOnlyTeammatesCanVoteKick=true
    bOnlyTeammatesAbstainsCountAgainstMinimum=false
    fVoteMinAmountNonAbstainers=0.400000
    fVoteSuccessThreshold=0.600000
    fVoteDurationSeconds=20.000000
    fVoteTallyUpdates=3.000000
    fVoteEnactDelaySeconds=10.000000
    fVoteTimeBetweenVoteKicksAgainstSamePlayer=60.000000
    fVoteTimeBetweenVotesFromOnePlayer=60.000000
    fVoteKickBanDurationSeconds=300.000000

Votekick needs a rework now? Um, the options are already there for customization. Please don’t call for a change when you’re unaware of what is presently available. It’s baseless demands like this that are purely ridiculous.

I’m going to assume that this is a rage thread.

@Ex:

I was recently kicked for…
    The game exactly before that I was kicked for…

I meant without it being preset, by default.

• @lemonater47:

And to JHoersten 2. Why aren’t people allow to say to add something that’s already In just because they are unaware? People just come in and correct them and that’s fine. You telling him that not knowing anything is a bad thing is a bad thing in itself.

Because that’s an ignorant thing to do and clutters the forums with nonsense. Nowhere did I tell him that “not knowing anything” is bad, and if I were to, that would not be “a bad thing in itself”. Not knowing anything IS bad - we don’t live in the dark ages anymore. Please use your head.

@Ex:

Specific presets are never a good idea as default settings. It doesn’t take much for a server admin to open and change his configurations, yet sadly, too many admins of these servers don’t do it. I’m reading more and more that players think this is the game’s fault when actually, it’s poor server admins who are letting the players down.

The tools are there to be used, but most servers are looking over them. I suggest finding respectable clan servers who properly manage their game for the best game play experience.

• @JHoersten2:

@lemonater47:

Because that’s an ignorant thing to do and clutters the forums with nonsense. Nowhere did I tell him that “not knowing anything” is bad, and if I were to, that would not be “a bad thing in itself”. Not knowing anything IS bad - we don’t live in the dark ages anymore. Please use your head.

@Ex:

Specific presets are never a good idea as default settings. It doesn’t take much for a server admin to open and change his configurations, yet sadly, too many admins of these servers don’t do it. I’m reading more and more that players think this is the game’s fault when actually, it’s poor server admins who are letting the players down.

The tools are there to be used, but most servers are looking over them. I suggest finding respectable clan servers who properly manage their game for the best game play experience.

Majority of this happens on Official Servers.

• @Ex:

•The ‘rager

Something as simple as sitting in the fire (makes you invulnerable to damage and you can still hit people) just ruins the match.

Auto kicking should be implemented, if someone reached 100% total team damage they are kicked, team damage no longer resets. Kicking for Team Killing will not be a kick option.

So are you a rager lol?

I tested the firepyre thing, makes you invulnerable but neither can you do much either. You can occasionally hit someone if they try to hit you in the fire, but not with a bow so basically you sit in the fire and people ignore you.

The time I did people just laughed and then 3 MAAs threw firepots at me and I died in the fire (lol).

Auto kicking at 100% is a terrible idea - um so if your first swing hits a team mate then boom your kicked… hmm… no.

• @Ex:

]
    Majority of this happens on Official Servers.

The devs have stated that Official servers are meant to be played at default the way they are to allow most lenience for all players.

If you want more structure and moderation, find a clan server. Simple.

It’s almost as if people keep playing on Official servers because they’re surrounded with ‘noobs’ to kill, yet complain when the noobs act as such. :roll:

• @JHoersten2:

@lemonater47:

Right so being ignorant is not ok but being an arsehole is completely fine.

Right, so if I don’t know something I can instantly be ripped into by someone like you.

I got it now.

• @lemonater47:

Right, so if I don’t know something I can instantly be ripped into by someone like you.

I got it now.

No one “ripped into” anyone; You’re being overly dramatic. Oh, and no, calling someone an ‘arsehole’ is against the forums rules. Calm yourself - no need to get so mad.

• @JHoersten2:

@lemonater47:

I got it now.

No one “ripped into” anyone; You’re being overly dramatic. Oh, and no, calling someone an ‘arsehole’ is against the forums rules. Calm yourself - no need to get so mad.

Well tones of voice don’t carry well over the Internet.

Sarcasm.

Callin someone ignorant is agin at the forum rules as its an offensive name. So don’t pull that one on me.

Anyway back on topic.

• @lemonater47:

Callin someone ignorant is agin at the forum rules as its an offensive name. So don’t pull that one on me.

Don’t pull that one on you? Where did I call someone ignorant? Please quote it. I won’t bother with the fact that even calling someone ignorant isn’t an insult. I could say your ignorant of astrophysics (or even proper spelling), but does that violate the forums rules as an insult? It’s really just matter-of-fact.

Ouch - again, you’re being dramatic and putting words into my mouth. Stop being ridiculous and argumentative.

• Alright guys cool it. Arguing and bickering on an internet forum about who said what merely wastes time, no more please. One day when you’re old, you’ll wish you had all those minutes back.

As to the actual topic…

OP, are those server settings actually what you were thinking of, and do you feel such settings are adequate now that you know they exist?

I personally feel that it’s Torn Banner’s job only to provide tools to the users, to allow themselves (and server admins) to manage their experience, I don’t feel it’s Torn Banner’s role to define how people play. (As much as I’d rather everyone be nice and have fun with eachother).

The Official Servers are set up with a fair default, as to any others well, that’s completely up to that server’s Admin. :)

• @lemonater47:

You think the Australian community is bad well, the European is the worst and the American being he second worst.

The Australian community is the most abusive but with less votekicks and people who default to voting no rather than yes. Means that trolls don’t use votekick as often as its not usually succesful.

And anyone who thinks people who use aimbots are retarded as they don’t work. Arrows and boots travel to slow for them to be of any use beyond 10 metres. They would hinder you otherwise.

I’m playing in Australia and to me… the community here is much like every other community for other games I have played over the years, both here in Australia and in North America. No matter what the game or country / region, you’re always going to have a couple of ass chunks in the pile.

So far here in Australia, I have only encountered 4-5 really annoying players, 1 or 2 of those I’ve caught speed hacking once… while the others were moaners about “Stupid players with no talent using shields” or “Lame talentless players using Knight and Falichion” and so on.

Quit yer bitch’n and learn to counter those things.

I also went on one server that only had 4 players on a TDM, including myself. I picked the side with the other player only being a level 4 or something against the other team of a level 23 and 34. One of their players was AFK and so the other guy (apparently the server admin… the first admin I’ve seen yet) started to complain that he was getting killed and it wasn’t fair because his other guy was AFK.

Then without warning he switches me to his side, even though I was leading the team I was on. His justification was because I was “Playing the easiest class with the easiest loadout”

Really? The Knight with a Maul and Mace/Shield is the easiest class?? I thought the easiest class was the Vanguards, how silly of me… even though he too was a knight with a similar loadout.

Of course I just left the server to play somewhere else, as it didn’t make any sense to to have two high level players against one new player just to let that idiot feel like he’s something special by not getting his ass served to him on a plate the whole time.

But overall, everything seems like a normal community… warts and all.

• @Cpt-Praxius:

@lemonater47:

You think the Australian community is bad well, the European is the worst and the American being he second worst.

I’m playing in Australia and to me… the community here is much like every other community for other games I have played over the years, both here in Australia and in North America. No matter what the game or country / region, you’re always going to have a couple of ass chunks in the pile.

So far here in Australia, I have only encountered 4-5 really annoying players, 1 or 2 of those I’ve caught speed hacking once… while the others were moaners about “Stupid players with no talent using shields” or “Lame talentless players using Knight and Falichion” and so on.

Quit yer bitch’n and learn to counter those things.

I also went on one server that only had 4 players on a TDM, including myself. I picked the side with the other player only being a level 4 or something against the other team of a level 23 and 34. One of their players was AFK and so the other guy (apparently the server admin… the first admin I’ve seen yet) started to complain that he was getting killed and it wasn’t fair because his other guy was AFK.

Then without warning he switches me to his side, even though I was leading the team I was on. His justification was because I was “Playing the easiest class with the easiest loadout”

Really? The Knight with a Maul and Mace/Shield is the easiest class?? I thought the easiest class was the Vanguards, how silly of me… even though he too was a knight with a similar loadout.

Of course I just left the server to play somewhere else, as it didn’t make any sense to to have two high level players against one new player just to let that idiot feel like he’s something special by not getting his ass served to him on a plate the whole time.

But overall, everything seems like a normal community… warts and all.

The maul is the easiest. It will 2 hit a knight, 1 hit a MaA / Archer and can 1 hit a Vanguard.
    It’s easy as all hell to dominate with.

• @JHoersten2:

@lemonater47:

@Ex:

Christ man you are dense. Do us all a favor and go outside; take a break from these forums. The only thing cluttering these forums are your negative and counter productive posts. I’m really sick of reading them. Everything you say is wrong and especially what you’re saying here.

The OP is requesting an overhaul of the voting system, he is not ignorant in any respect. Requesting that the default vote configuration be changed is also a valid request as often times admins will just leave it at default. You do not blame the admins, you blame the default. This is common sense which seems to allude you at every possible moment which is probably why you’re such an angry person that posts offensive bullcrap all day long.

Please leave.

• @Slight:

Christ man you are dense. Do us all a favor and go outside; take a break from these forums. The only thing cluttering these forums are your negative and counter productive posts. I’m really sick of reading them. Everything you say is wrong and especially what you’re saying here.

Please leave.

@BobT36:

Alright guys cool it. Arguing and bickering on an internet forum about who said what merely wastes time, no more please.

Even when the mods ask it to stop, you continue against their directions…. and I’m dense, right?

Learn to follow rules and do as your told. You may defy mommy and daddy all day, but that shit doesn’t fly on the net. Thanks kid.

• I’m Pretty much over the thread 8-)