Allow Throwing Axe to be used as Melee weapon

• If you are attacked while holding a throwing axe you are defenseless and you die.

I cant switch to another weapon fast enough to defend against a face hugging MaA.

I should be able to use the small throwing axe as a weapon to defend myself.

The javelin users can use their missle weapon as a melee.
    Why can’t we do the same?

• Because it would make throwing axes OP versus knives.

• I’ve often thought this but I guess it’s just balance. I think you should be able to attack/defend with torches though

• Crimson, this doesn’t make any sense. You said that you would be killed by face hugging MaA’s, implying that you’re trying to throwing axe someone that is just a few metres away (your fault if you think about it). The reason that you can’t use thowing axes as melee is simply because it would be too over-powered. Think about it, you can just attack them with melee and take a few steps back then throw the axe at them.

Javelins are both throwables and melee as they are primaries.

• @Hitom:

Because it would make throwing axes OP versus knives.

Actually, no. Make throwing axes a ‘slow’ overhead only melee attack and they will be fine. Throwing axes are good to 2-shot archers/MAA/VG and knifes to annoy archers/charging VGs. You have 2 axes or 4 knifes. This also makes difference.

• It would be a cool alternative if you had the alternative to attack with the weapon Throwing hatchet, Throwing knife and ability to attack with Torch or parry (torch should break upon parry) it would atleast give you some what fighting ability, instead of leaving you into sort of insta-death, if you are caught off-guard with torches for example.

• @wildwulfy:

It would be a cool alternative if you had the alternative to attack with the weapon Throwing hatchet, Throwing knife and ability to attack with Torch or parry (torch should break upon parry) it would atleast give you some what fighting ability, instead of leaving you into sort of insta-death, if you are caught off-guard with torches for example.

I would just blow your torch out.

But yeah it would be cool assuming they had inferior stats to the similar melee weapons.

• @Matti:

Crimson, this doesn’t make any sense. You said that you would be killed by face hugging MaA’s, implying that you’re trying to throwing axe someone that is just a few metres away (your fault if you think about it). The reason that you can’t use thowing axes as melee is simply because it would be too over-powered. Think about it, you can just attack them with melee and take a few steps back then throw the axe at them.

Javelins are both throwables and melee as they are primaries.

This is primarily a problem when playing Free For All.
    My opponent will turn and run, I’ll pull out my axe to hit them while they flee, and somebody stabs me in the back.
    At this point I’m stuck with my Throwing axe out and no chance to switch weapons.

• Lower the ammo by 1 (down to 1), and it would make a more interesting choice between the throwing knives and throwing axe(singular).

• Does that mean I can melee people with the oilpot. So I smash it into them, engulfing both of us in a flameball?