Knight weaponry question

• Why does the longsword 2 handed barely do less the damage of a falchion 1 hander?

These mechanics really favor the face hugging spam people are annoyed with.

• They do the same damage. Except for archers, same htk for all other classes. Welcome to CMW, all weapons do the same damage.

• @Falc:

They do the same damage. Except for archers, same htk for all other classes. Welcome to CMW, all weapons do the same damage.

And longsword has a great stab, combos faster, and has much longer reach. Game isn’t only about damage…

• @Anonymoose:

@Falc:

They do the same damage. Except for archers, same htk for all other classes. Welcome to CMW, all weapons do the same damage.

And longsword has a great stab, combos faster, and has much longer reach. Game isn’t only about damage…

It’s a wild moose, shoot it!

But seriously, he is correct. Reach is probably the biggest difference, because it is much easier to assist a teammate by stabbing from a distance then getting in his way to face hug. Just depends on what type of style/attacks you desire.

• @ChuckingIt:

@Anonymoose:

@Falc:

It’s a wild moose, shoot it!

• @Anonymoose:

@Falc:

according to the spreadsheet on damage, which I guess may be wrong, it doesnt do the same damage. Used 2 hands its very similar to the falchion but the falchion is faster, netting a DPS much higher.

Game mechanics promote face hugging, at the moment, and favor fast weapons with the interrupt mechanics.

Not really bitching just stating it. Im not nec. happy with it, but it is what it is. Just cant for the life of me figure out why a falchion and a longsword are so near in damage but the falchion is so much faster.

• Yet, I will pick a longsword over a falchion any day.

• @Warhawk66:

according to the spreadsheet on damage, which I guess may be wrong, it doesnt do the same damage. Used 2 hands its very similar to the falchion but the falchion is faster, netting a DPS much higher.

Game mechanics promote face hugging, at the moment, and favor fast weapons with the interrupt mechanics.

Not really bitching just stating it. Im not nec. happy with it, but it is what it is. Just cant for the life of me figure out why a falchion and a longsword are so near in damage but the falchion is so much faster.

Again… the difference is in reach.

And as mentioned before in another thread… face hugging has been in the game since it’s release, ie: before the patch.

Nobody complained about it before

But now suddenly it’s unfair, used too often and a problem?.. now suddenly it’s the Patch’s fault that it exists??

@AllShallPerish:

Yet, I will pick a longsword over a falchion any day.

I actually see more people picking up the broad sword over the falchion these days.

While I’ll use the falchion once in a while, I prefer the 1st Mace over it…… but I’m actually liking a number of other weapons over the falchion these days.

Too many people complain about that weapon, but to me, I think it’s over rated.

• @Cpt-Praxius:

@Warhawk66:

Again… the difference is in reach.

And as mentioned before in another thread… face hugging has been in the game since it’s release, ie: before the patch.

Nobody complained about it before

But now suddenly it’s unfair, used too often and a problem?.. now suddenly it’s the Patch’s fault that it exists??

@AllShallPerish:

Yet, I will pick a longsword over a falchion any day.

I actually see more people picking up the broad sword over the falchion these days.

While I’ll use the falchion once in a while, I prefer the 1st Mace over it…… but I’m actually liking a number of other weapons over the falchion these days.

Too many people complain about that weapon, but to me, I think it’s over rated.

This /thread

• A falchion is an axe sword, thus the high damage…and the swing should be fast, the recovery howerver should be a slower ordeal I can’t picture some of these things actually happening. Longsword ftw.

• Ok maybe I should have written a bit more^^ Of course the longsword is superior to the falchion due to the above mentioned reasons. All I wanted to say was that it doesn’t matter if your weapon does 65 or 75 damage, it is a 2 hit anyway. Don’t think in damage, think in htk.