Achievements Fist of Fury and Fire Starter

• I’ve been playing for a while, and I was trying to unlock those two achievements.

I did many kill with my fists (in glorious battles) and burrned alot of people to death (making delicious feasts). But on steam, no kill have been registered.

According to the achievement page on steam, I’m still at 5/100 for the fists ( I did 5 kills before the major update) and 0/20 for the oil pot.

I am not sure if the issue is on my end, the steam page didn’t update them or if it’s a new issue since the patch. Is it possible to look into this?

• Most of the Steam achievements seem to be glitched for me, I am currently on 140 hours in the game and haven’t got the 80 hours achievement

• So I have just checked the steam achievement list, and for some reason, today the Fists of Fury went from 5 to 25. Is there a delay in counting the kills? Because by now I’m pretty sure I would have reach the 100 kills.

• After many tries, I finally get the Fists of Fury Achievement. Thing is, it doesn’t register every kill (I managed to get 18 kills in a match with the fists, and it only counted 6).

For firestarter, I have no clue how do to it, since none of my kills get registered. I’ve tried also Let it Rain (shoot 10 000 arrow with the shortbow) and the counter is still at 0. This is getting frustrating.

• I believe you have to “kill with the firepot”, not “kill with fire”:)

On hit, firepot deals 5 damage and sometimes (because there is a bug) sets the target on fire dealing damage (which is probably environmental, just like falls from high places) and doesnt count to your damage dealt. If you don’t hit the target but the ground, the target suffers no damage but is set on fire (in this case every time).

So to get a kill in the fiestarter, you probably have to wear the target down to very near death and then hit him with the firepot directly.

• Then shouldn’t the achievement have the description “Kill with the firepot itself”?

If it is the case, can someone confirm if that’s really the way it works?

• Well, I did an experiment to see if it actually work. A friend and I went to an empty official server and we tried to kill eachother with the oil pot itself. It didn’t work.

Out of curiosity, we also tried other achievements such as Rotisserie Chef and Five Star Archer. I usually don’t try to obtain achievement that way because it breaks the challenge of doing it the proper way. We did the requirement for these achievements and we were not rewarded with it. That makes me wonder if it is possible to obtain the achievements legitly in a real match, unless there is something that prevent to obtain them the cheap way.

• @Lulzaur:

Well, I did an experiment to see if it actually work. A friend and I went to an empty official server and we tried to kill eachother with the oil pot itself. It didn’t work.

Out of curiosity, we also tried other achievements such as Rotisserie Chef and Five Star Archer. I usually don’t try to obtain achievement that way because it breaks the challenge of doing it the proper way. We did the requirement for these achievements and we were not rewarded with it. That makes me wonder if it is possible to obtain the achievements legitly in a real match, unless there is something that prevent to obtain them the cheap way.

Any achievement/weapon unlock/rank experience type stuff requires a ranked server with a certain number of real humans on it. I think that you need at least 8 humans on the server? It might be 10.

• Thanks for the info ReMixx.
    But can you explain to me how am I supposed to get Fire Starter? Do you have to kill the guy with the oil pot itself or you can actually kll him with the fire? Because neither seems to make my number of kills raise. It somehow got stuck at 1.I’m basically standing close to the refill box, spamming oil pot and doing some kills with it, and I’m doing that in official servers with more than 20 people in them. I’m also making it sure that Rank and VAC is on when I go into other server, and nothing seems to be working.

• @Lulzaur:

Thanks for the info ReMixx.
    But can you explain to me how am I supposed to get Fire Starter? Do you have to kill the guy with the oil pot itself or you can actually kll him with the fire? Because neither seems to make my number of kills raise. It somehow got stuck at 1.I’m basically standing close to the refill box, spamming oil pot and doing some kills with it, and I’m doing that in official servers with more than 20 people in them. I’m also making it sure that Rank and VAC is on when I go into other server, and nothing seems to be working.

Mine has been stuck at 2 for months. :)

(I do not know, probably bugged)

• So…. I guess we are not supposed to see that, right? :jlaff:

• @Lulzaur:

So…. I guess we are not supposed to see that, right? :jlaff:

People are catching on. 8-)