Ideas for duel mode

• I think a duel map or mode would be perfect for this game. It’s the perfect way for players to express their leet skills without the interference of other players(archers)
    There are many ways to implent it so I’m not sure which one is the best. You can for example have like an open map where players can only attack each other when they both agree to the duel by pressing a button or you can have a map that randomly picks players from both teams and sends them to a confined arena where they can duke it out.

I for one would enjoy such a mode and I would enjoy it even more if there would be some kind of global ranking tied to your profile for those who participate in the duels based on a point system. The more points you have the higher your ranking. You’ll lose and gain points with each win and loss.The amount of points that you lose depends on the ranking of your opponent. I’m sure Mike will find some kind of formula if it ever makes into the game.

Ofcourse this is only my point of view and I would appreciate it if you guys would share your thoughts on the matter at hand.

Healthy competition can only make me and others play more :)

• Good idea!
    It reminds a lot of “Gunz: the Duel” (a game that shares a lot of the “respect” feeling AOC had for the one that defeats you) with his duel only servers, you are free to move in a medium sized map and when you encounter an opponent that you want to duel you launch a special emote to him, if he answers by doing the same it launches a timer to get ready and the duel begins.
    I liked this freedom given to the players and the conviviality/spontaneity which it created between two duelists. :)

• i was imagining it to be in the arena map (to start with) and then like a tournament, without any respawn. so if you die you can either stay and watch the rest of the tournament or leave.

• well even if there wont be a mode for that ( im sure there will be one) uhm ppl will have servers for that. OR AT LEAST on some servers ppl will make some tournaments like in old aoc…… yea trf had that

• @RecklessStrategy:

i was imagining it to be in the arena map (to start with) and then like a tournament, without any respawn. so if you die you can either stay and watch the rest of the tournament or leave.

this they already have
    by duel mode, they probably mean a mode that is kinda ranked base and only 1v1

• I’d say quantity is a good thing, if they can implement all those variations (which shouldn’t be that hard, I think) then I’d be satisfied.

• @Oscar:

I’d say quantity is a good thing, if they can implement all those variations (which shouldn’t be that hard, I think) then I’d be satisfied.

they will
    in Q&A video they told a lot
    A LOT
    gamemodes

• @RecklessStrategy:

i was imagining it to be in the arena map (to start with) and then like a tournament, without any respawn. so if you die you can either stay and watch the rest of the tournament or leave.

I’m sure there are alot of people just wanting to join a server and get to the dueling part of the game, fighting the people you want over and over again without any restrictions that come with a tournament.

• Seems there is a desire for this, managed to have the FFA server in duel mode for about an hour with 10+ people before it went back to general slaughter. People were even hitting C to initiate the duel with VO.

I liked the ‘publicity’ of small servers, winner stays style from jedi outcast, but for playing probably prefer m&b’s set up, walk up to a person and both people click to start the fight.